Why Canadian Home Depot got VR paint selection booth, when we in US get color samples on paper?

Why Canadian Home Depot got VR paint selection booth, when we in US get color samples on paper?

youtu.be/xFeAXVGMKRc

When did we became so backward?

Attached: 1531753279133.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Canada is a guinea pig

>Canadians have to deal with colour space translations to monitors which are probably not entirely accurate given current monitor tech
>Americans get to just see the physical real deal, guaranteed 100% accurate by definition
Sometimes throwing tech buzzwords and money at things isn't a good idea.

I know every paint color have corresponding RGB code, for designer 3D programs, magazine renders, etc.

I wonder how accurate it is on VR screen. Or could it be actually corrected for this specific screen to represent true color.

I would give it a try

Given that virtual environments, no matter how sophisticated, use ideal lighting and texturs and not what's actually in your house because nobody programmed it in, it really isn't. It may however be handy for deciding roughly what colors look decent when on adjacent surfaces (and which don't), if you lack the imagination to figure that out yourself.

I just hope that people don't end up snobbishly declaring that they designed their rooms in VR and it gets to the point that not designing it in VR makes a decision invalid.

>When did we became so backward?
wen u stahp caring bout edjukashun

Cause Juan the painter won’t know how to even begin to use it.

Canada is backwards when the actual future is AR and not VR. Id rather use my phone or other device to augment the paint color of my room instead of using a computer generated room with fake furniture.

COMEX, a Mexican paint company, actually has an app of sorts for this, so Juan can probably figure it out as well.

Attached: 1531967686448.png (720x1234, 306K)

I remember this thread and i repeat what i said last time.
Color accuracy and realistic lighting or its useless.

Lowe's in Canada have a full holo-rooms running on HTC VIVE

Shit like this gets tested in canuckistan because it's a similar market to the US but almost entiely irrelevant

how the fuck am i supposed to take the vr home and compare it to my wall? i can just take the physical papers you idiot

Interesting. I've modeled my living room in 3D, and when I'm considering rearranging, I check it out in VR. Nothing color critical, though.

Side question: dat pixelation with the little "Palette Colors / Custom Colors / Scan Colors" circles. Why? Why not draw vector circles? Looks like shit.

And do what with them?

is this a james ferraro music video

>I know every paint color have corresponding RGB code
RGB is *significantly* more limited than real-world colors. Those "RGB equivalents" are just close estimations.

Nice quads.

Dude, they let you take the VR home as long as you bring it back. Which you will do because you're a Canadian now act accordingly.

they can do this, but can't tell me how I can bring in a RGB value of any sort and get it into paint.

Because you can't make RGB to paint.
They already have the paint and RGB code for that paint on file.

So first comes pain, then RGB code for that paint.

Now keep in mind there is only 1500 colors at any paint store.

First thought: becuase niggers can't be trusted not to steal it

And that is my final thought as well.

America, fix your fucking problem.