Hard drive format NTFS

Yes I'm an idiot. I've started getting into computers recently and I need to format a drive to NTFS and I'm having trouble. Currently, the drive has Linux mint on it, but when I installed it, it was installed under " / " So i can't format it from the OS. I was told I could format it form the installation disk, but when i booted that up no matter what i tried I couldn't even rewrite the disk. Seeking help. All I want to do is format the disk to NTFS.

Attached: Screenshot_20171116-181957.png (500x375, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gparted.org/livecd.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1527005188576.gif (575x420, 507K)

Install Gentoo

naw Gentoo doesn't work either, I tried about 10 diffrent CDs with Linux on them and they didn't work. for some reason, only linux mint would even boot on the drive. I refuse to buy another one. Just need NTFS for windows.

Well duh. Linux distros don't support NTFS because it's trash.

I honestly don't care at this point, I've sunk to many hours trying to get a NTFS drive for windows. I'm not spending any money because i'm trying to build a gaming PC entirely for free. this is the only thing holding me back since I have found everything else for the pc free via craiglist or diving.

You are certified brain dead.

my brain is fried. to far to give up and to far to try.

So when you boot from the mint live disc you cant use gparted to format the drive?
I'm calling bullshit.

nope, i doesn't let me format it because when I installed it originally it was installed to " / " instead of boot or home. I tried to reinstall with the disk but it wont even let me do that somehow. keep getting error messages.

Why the fuck do you want to format a drive to NTFS if you are using Linux?

Attached: 1478196824170.jpg (343x357, 59K)

Linux can't support most games. hense why I want to turn it into a windows computer.

Make a bootable usb/cd with gparted and you will get the job done
gparted.org/livecd.php

The Windows Install DVD/USB formats your drive to NTFS...

download more ram and install linux on a ramdisk, it's really easy OP

Attached: 1525113190047.gif (645x773, 41K)

Every single other post here is line noise.

Attached: 1520665749460.gif (300x186, 446K)

this, there's no need to format it before running the windows installer, unless you plan to install windows outside of the windows installer (it's actually possible to install windows from in linux)

~$ sudo fdisk
Do you even cpu rehot bruv?

Attached: 1530301922807-biz.jpg (241x292, 6K)

>too dumb for linux, so moving back to windows
>too dumb for windows, can't figure out how to install it
get a mac

why the fuck would you need to use NTFS?

Attached: Screenshot_20180718_234153.png (567x536, 41K)

keeps freezing at this screen. What do?

Attached: Capture.png (1257x570, 751K)

Literally just boot the Windows USB and it will do the rest for you... No need to do all this extra shit.

Attached: 1448312737809.png (346x259, 134K)

Are you sure your drive just isn't fucking dead?

Yeah It currently has linux on it. Im going to try booting a 8.1 windows disk and show why It wont work.

Post results after trying the win8.1 disk.
Also, check the uefi/legacy boot settings and disable secureboot from bios and check hdd if you manage to boot from a live disk afterwards

Okay so, apparently the other night when I made a 50GB free space partition and tested it with the disk it didn't work. Now when I do it, it fucking works. I'm such an idiot. Any way I can add the rest of the drive to that partition without having to reinstall?

It worked. No more need for a photo. Thanks for helping mate.

yes