Last thread:

Attached: 9666148.png (450x450, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264
catbox.moe/official.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aOXf3CZb84#
amazon.com/4-Pin-Molex-Female-Adapter-Length/dp/B007NMSUUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On Android is it necessary I go to recent apps list and close everything out before putting my tablet down for a while or does it not matter?

how do I convert H.265 mkv to H.264 mkv?
Ps4 can't play H.265 mkv

ffmpeg, but it's a command line tool so not super noob friendly. But, you can put the following in a .bat file next to ffmpeg.exe:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v libx264 output.mkv
Rename your video to input.mkv in the same folder and run the .bat file and it'll do it.

Does anyone know of a good place or resource to become a wizard in excel?

will it keep both files? I watch the h.265 on my computer with mpv or mpc-hc with madvr and reclock, but I want to give my brother anime to watch on his ps4, should I just copy the files to a new folder first or do I not have to worry about it at all?

also cmd or download ffmpeg?

I was pissing in my foreskin and I accidentally hit the power outlet by my sink when I let all the piss out. It made a buzzing sound and all the lights shut off. 15 seconds later the buzzing sound stopped and now it smells like burnt plastic. I tried drying it off to no avail. What do I do now?
This is a serious question.

Wait nevermind, just reset it and it works now

I don't like Facebook, but I'm having to start using it to promote my business.
Is there a way to make it so that I don't see notifications about stuff that doesn't involve me? I've turned off "Close Friend Notifications" but I still get notified whenever someone shares a link or posts a picture or something.
I don't want to use the unfollow feature because I'd still like to be able to see the stuff in my news feed, I just don't want to be notified of it.

circumcise yourself

Spider just been sitting in the same corner for like 14 hours now without moving, is it dead or do spiders just do that?

I am circumcised. I pulled my foreskin up my flaccid penis to make a dick balloon, but it burst.

Hit the ground next to it with something and see if it flinches.

I tried knocking on the wall near it, or shining a laser pointer near it (not directly on it since that would be mean) and it didn't react at all. I even tried splashing water on it from my fingers after I finished washing dishes and it didn't move.

Could be dead.
Sweep it into a dustpan and dump it outside if you'd like to let it live just in case.

Is it possible to Carrier Unlock a Phone without contacting your Carrier, or using some shady third party service?

>I am circumcised
>I pulled my foreskin up
doesn't circumcision involve the removal of the foreskin?

Is anyone else seeing this shit on the new tab page in Google Chrome? I'm on Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit). Nothing seems to happen if I click it.

Attached: Capture.jpg (985x401, 27K)

Sometimes, depending on the model. I think I did it with an old S2 skyrocket when I didn't want to hassle with contacting my carrier over a phone I hadn't used in years

Are soundcards worth purchasing if I'm just using my computer for gaming and listening to music.

Method?

Yeah, it'll keep both files. When it's done there will be an output.mkv file, that's the h.264 version.

You'll have to download ffmpeg, cmd can't convert videos on it's own. You can just do the batch file option (create a text file, put what I wrote in there, rename to .bat and double click it).

Yes, just got that as well.

Will differ depending on the phone, just go check xda-developers and other such forums for your phone model and hope you get lucky since it kind of depends on it being exploitable to an extent (since you're sidestepping the official authorized methods here)

funny enough i actually did this a long time ago to rip textures from a game, how do you do this for multiple files all at once, with each file keeping it's name?

where can I find links to english visual novels
to be particular, Sengoku Rance

I have an issue with my moto 5g. I like this take video of some of my sets in the gym. I find it irritating that the phone does not seem able to keep music playing while it is recording. My previous phone the Nexus 5 could do this, hence why the difference now frustrates me.

I realize Im probably gonna have to mess with the software a bit here, but does anyone happen to know of how I go about this? The music app is shuttle, for that matter.

>how do you do this for multiple files all at once, with each file keeping it's name?
Can't test it as I'm on Linux but try this in a .bat file:
for %%A IN (*.mkv) DO ffmpeg -i "%%A" -c:v libx264 "%%A.mkv"

No unless it is a poorly written app. App behaviour is different in background. Apps will clear out of memory if space is needed. If you are not using it for a while, just power it down.

Actually, that will overwrite the original files, don't run that!
for %%A IN (*.mkv) DO ffmpeg -i "%%A" -c:v libx264 "%%A_264.mkv"
That will make the output files have _264 at the end of the names and won't overwrite the originals.

Just use Plex. Doesn't PS4 have VLC like Xbox One?

Well I use my tablet as a sort of cheap backend for various home automation type scripts. Not like it consumes that much battery on idle anyway, but I noticed that sometimes apps were more responsive to remote requests when they were sitting in that background list so wondered if that meant apps that didn't need to be there were wasting battery life too and getting priority they shouldn't

Attached: Untitled.png (384x218, 8K)

The Media Player Classic Remote app just stopped being able to connect to MPC running on my computer. I changed the port from it's default number and it was able to connect again. Is there anything I should know about using a different port than the default one?

thanks user! how fast should it generally be? It says speed=0.2. I have an older computer so if that's just how it is then that's fine though

How do i swap hdd without reinstalling?

Find some HDD clone software, copy shit from old hard drive to new hard drive, swap boot order, format old hard drive and use it as data drive, or throw it in the garbage whatever

search AOMEI partition assistant

It depends on your PC but also to save you some complexity I didn't tell you about any of the quality settings so it's using defaults (which is probably a balance between quality/speed).
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264
Tbh you're probably best off just using default settings unless you wanna do some quality tests. But if you want it to be faster, you can try adding -preset fast, -preset veryfast (any from the list in there).
for %%A IN (*.mkv) DO ffmpeg -i "%%A" -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast "%%A_264.mkv"

well i watch anime on my computer so its just gonna affect my brother
seeing as its already an anime from 1994 upscaled to 1080p and put in h.265 format, it's barely going to be noticeable

How do i rotate text in MS Paint?

Attached: f1bb83a6-0b37-4434-a5cd-b1cfd821011b.jpg (641x481, 28K)

Ah. Yeah you probably don't need to worry about quality then. But if it turns out looking like shit, try a slower preset.

In Windows Task Scheduler, is there functionally any difference between:

Run at 10:00 AM every day, then repeat every 1 hour for a duration of 1 day

and

Run at 10:00 AM on 7-16-2018, then repeat every 1 hour indefinitely

Is one approach preferred over the other for some reason? Will the "indefinitely" one be more likely to get derailed if something goes wrong and not start itself up again?

Also just noticed a task I have disabled months ago that was supposed to keep an external hard drive from spinning down by rewriting an empty text file every 4 minutes (disabled because I no longer use the external drive) had a "next scheduled run" in a few minutes even though it was disabled. The last run time was a few months ago though. When the next scheduled run time passed, it just ticked it up to a few minutes in the future, but didn't update the last run time so I assumed it didn't run, but it's just been quietly scheduling it all this time and then each time saying "nope, it's disabled, move on" but keeping it in the schedule? This bugged me for some reason so I removed all the "conditions" but wth

Munin, Nagios, netdata, what would you recommend for monitoring a personal vps?

So I've been noticing lately (last few months) that while using Jow Forums it seems that everything I click on or highlight is being copied to my clipboard. At random times it will either open a link to the image I last clicked on when I try to click or click & drag. It will also paste the image link into whatever (You) I'm typing up. It only ever does this on Jow Forums and never outside it or in any other applications.

Not sure why it's doing this, if it's a feature of Firefox I'm overlooking, or if I have some sort of malicious file.

Attached: 1360116010900.jpg (208x225, 36K)

I want to hook my gaming pc up to my big tv at the foot of my bed about 10 feet or so away from it. I have an hdmi cable that is long enough but im too used to my mechanical keyboard and wired mouse to switch to wireless stuff. If i get some usb extension chords from amazon am i going to get noticeable input lag? I dont play twitch shooters or anything where it will kill me if its a few ms slower, but will it be noticeable and annoying for gaming?

Attached: 20180702_132339.jpg (4032x1960, 2.15M)

Built a computer for my friend a couple years ago. Came to me with a problem a few days ago that it wouldn't boot. Press power button, does nothing. I reset bios and cleared cmos, but it would never get past POST. I could access bios, but wouldn't boot to Windows. I flashed the BIOS. Finally able to get into Windows. Installed some updates, everything was fine. But when I shut down, it sometimes does not want to reboot. I have to unplug the PSU, wait a minute or so, and then it will boot back into Windows fine.I have a feeling that a capacitor might be fucked up in it or something. pic related is PSU, don't have another at the moment to test with. Is there something obviously wrong with it that I have missed? Why do I have to unplug the PSU, wait, and then reconnect it to reboot?

Attached: evga psu.jpg (1058x413, 134K)

Write text
Click off so it's part of the image
Select with rectangle lasso
Rotate

Say I have $50 in Paypal and $50 on debit, I'm at checkout for something on ebay that costs $100 and I use my debit card to pay, will ebay automatically take the rest from Paypal as a combined payment?

I have an odd question to ask regarding the captcha.
When I was in the states I needed to solve a captcha before every post.
But now I'm in Europe for I only need to solve captcha 3-4 times a day.
Did anyone else notice this?

Attached: 1530819531319.jpg (1080x1345, 130K)

Bump?

Does anyone else have a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum? If you change the settings on the mouse (including the color of the lighting), does it keep those settings (or at least the color settings) across different PCs that don't have the gaming software installed?

The software should tell you whether the mouse has onboard memory and that it saves the setting on it or not. At least my a4tech mouse does this.

What's better overall? Low iq software or high iq software?

I've done more testing, but I'm still not 100% sure what is wrong.
>shut down, wait 15 seconds, press power button, nothing happens
>unplug psu and wait 2 minutes
>reconnect and boots up fine
>shut down, wait a minute, press power button, reboots fine
Surely there is something silly that could cause this beyond a faulty psu.

I own a hp envy 13 and my battery is kill.
Can I replace it?

Attached: file.png (1280x850, 355K)

Is there any way to stop videos from stuttering using the integrated graphics of a mid 2010 Macbook pro 15? I've tested multiple sources and files and videos seem to microstutter consistently once every second or two.

A family friend gave me the machine recently because it was broken and they got a new machine. I have a lot of extra hardware so I upgraded the RAM to 8gb and slapped in an SSD to replace the garbage 5400rpm HDD. It has an i5-520m and an Nvidia 330m. I don't usually like Apple stuff but a free laptop is better than no laptop.

The dedicated graphics work fine ( I replaced the faulty tantalum capacitor that comes stock on the GPU circuit so it doesn't kernel panic anymore. Dunno why Apple used those caps since they've had problems with them before) but I'd prefer to use the iGPU to save battery life and reduce heat.

Thanks for your time.

>pic semi related, the shitty cap

Attached: c9560.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

how do english men call a high end mobile pc with maybe nonexistant battery life that may weigh more than a little, but does not thrittle under load in nominal environment and fits into an appropiate backpack?

not english or a man but i use a thinkpad

I just got a bitchin' awesome 128gb Corsair Survivor in the mail.
I was thinking about formatting it as follows:

part1: NTFS Storage
part2: Debian
part3: Kali

My question is, however, can I make the 2 distros have persistent SHARED storage? If yes, how?

Bad/misleading information. The ffmpeg speed option has no bearing on quality - it only affects the resulting file size. There is a preset option but, as a noob, you would be better using Handbrake rather than ffmpeg directly.
USB extension cables will make zero difference to latency. USB hubs/repeaters will add a little but I doubt you'd be able to tell.
It sounds like a bad cap on the board but you could try swapping the CMOS battery just to rule it out. Also disconnect all PCIe cards, non-boot drives and all but one stick of RAM just to rule them out too. It would be nice if you were able to test the board and psu with some other hardware.
Use a search engine you dumb nigger
Probably a gaming (cringe) or performance laptop
How long have you identified as a woman, user? Will you be my qt gf?

What is ethereum contract scraping and how it is profitable?

Attached: explain.jpg (2622x1700, 756K)

Which router should I get?

I’m learning networking and want something decent. I also want firewall hardware. And maybe try openvpn.

Should I get a netgate sg3100? Would that be good as both a router and running opnsense?

Or should I get two separate pieces of hardware?

I'd like to replace a bunch of symlinks by their content. For example
$ ls -s ./
0 foo -> ../../bar
would become

$ ls -s ./
38302 foo

if you catch my drift. I was going to make a script in bash for it, not that hard. But now I'm wondering if this isn't already possible with the usual commands.

Use regex? Where does 38302 come from?

Add another partition. Optionally encrypt with LUKS. Add it to /etc/fstab of both distros.
I'm phoneposting but you could probably do this as a one-liner with something similar to:
find ... -exec ls {} | tr | cp \;
or perhaps even just piping output from ls if you don't care about subfolders.
Filesize in bytes

>Add it to /etc/fstab of both distros.
Handholding needed. Help babby out.

good idea with the CMOS battery. i'm just surprised that flashing the BIOS allowed me to boot, yet it's still having the problem of not powering on. I've tried most of those things, later on I'll do a few more. Thank you.

Looking for an O'rly parody book cover that feature a donkey trying to shag a rhino and called "harware pilots in javascript" or something in this fashion.

Does it exists or have i dreamt it ? Dully appreciated if you could post the picture, I've looked everywhere on internet and my hdd and couldn't find it. Thx

Best way to limit a download's bandwidth usage in firefox?

thx I'll try a couple things

-s

Handbreak

download manager

Depends on the circumcision used, there are different types.

Is your computer from pre2000? No? Then no, probably not. Your GPU can typically handle it. If yes, then yes, look into soundblaster replicas. If it's from the pre90s, depends on what games your playing, but, yes, I would look into it.

>chrome

So Anons is there a way to switch the fading image captcha to the Phone fag one on clover?
Because its making normal posting a pain I'm the arse

No, it's punishment for being a phone poster.

catbox.moe/official.php

For the Ts100 soldering iron connector do I solder the polarity like this or vice versa?

Attached: thia.png (428x203, 4K)

I've always used CCCP, but apparently it hasn't been updated in years. Should I uninstall and switch to K-Lite? If not, what should I use instead (besides VLC)?

Friends,

I'm about to install OpenBSD 6.3 on my thinkpad T430, is there something I should be wary of?

Recently my laptop's fan has been noisy. I've had it for 4 years now. Is there any generic solution to this?

Why does this happen to all laptops after a few years?

Have you ever been victims of the nigger of WhatsApp?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aOXf3CZb84#

have you cleaned out the fan exit from dust?
it will be working harder to keep the cpu cool if its airflow is blocked

K-Lite user for years, has always worked like a charm. download the bundle with MPC-HC on codecguide, it will also ask you for updates when they're available.

I read the wiki about linux but in the babbies first distro section it doesn’t recommend one above the others.

which linus should i get if i’ve never used it before? i don’t want to pick a meme and get bullied

a flavour of ubuntu
find a desktop environment you like, and install that version of ubuntu

I bought a gtx 970 that requires 2 6 pin power adapters. I found out afterwards that my 475 w psu only has 1 6 pin power connector. Am I fucked or can someone tell me which adapter I can safely use? I have an hp Z400 workstation with its stock power supply. The tdp of the 970 is 150 W. Thanks

I feel so retarded asking this, but I have Debian on my laptop and I use MATE DE, how do I enable drop shadows for the windows?

Attached: need-dropshadow.png (931x726, 149K)

Is this happening to anyone else? Anytime I try to open an image in windows 10 through the Photos app I get this error, only started happening yesterday, before that everything was fine, maybe it was an update or something? Not a single photo I have on my pc will open through photos anymore.

Attached: Capture.jpg (376x195, 17K)

How come on some chocolate bars they print "CHOCOLATE" on each individual square? Are they afraid people will lose the wrapper and not know what it is?

you can get adapters
amazon.com/4-Pin-Molex-Female-Adapter-Length/dp/B007NMSUUA

Something like this should work for you.

Enable compositing. It's in the settings somewhere, can't remember where exactly.

Can't find a solution to this.

I've used powershell to completely uninstall photos and re-install it, same thing happens.

I've repaired Photos, I've reset photos, still nothing.

zzz

Why the fuck did this happen? I don't speak sand.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-19 12-49-48.png (1366x768, 247K)

Fastest way to transfer files from old HDD to new one? Planning to transfer like 800+ gigs but its r/w speeds are terrible, all i can think of is to slowly transfer them over time, or do it all at once before bed or something. Both of those are pretty slow though

800gb should only take a few hours, that's not that much data. Maybe 2 hours maximum if you're transfering the files through sata not usb.