pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 3d pro turbo.jpg (1024x498, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/DkQKcY
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737506
wccftech.com/amd-b450-motherboards-official-launch-msi-asus-asrock-gigabyte-roundup/
amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-DirectX-Profile-ZT-P10300A-10L/dp/B0711NWFJX/
amazon.com/Gigabyte-GV-N1030D4-2GL-GeForce-Computer-Graphics/dp/B07C3DWK1Z/
amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Profile-Graphics-ZT-P10510E-10L/dp/B06XHZ29N5/
teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-u-dimm-ddr3
coindesk.com/price/
amazon.com/ASUS-Ryzen-Motherboards-PRIME-B450-PLUS/dp/B07FKT5CTH/
amazon.com/Motherboards-ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/dp/B07FKTZC4M/
amazon.com/Gaming-Motherboards-TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/dp/B07FMVJT1H/
amazon.com/Motherboards-ROG-STRIX-B450-I-GAMING/dp/B07FKTSWNG/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157842
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157844
youtube.com/watch?v=6qAO6ByyxNI
youtube.com/watch?v=D3-SqJHYzC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this the I suck huge cock for AMD edition?

1070ti for 1080p???
cap?? whut... at 72fps when you have 144hz gsync to prevent tearing?

How about play your games at 1440p on ultra and overclock your monitor to 160Hz because a 1070ti is fucking overkill.

Attached: triggered.jpg (340x344, 16K)

Asking for help yet again since I didn't get any in the last thread. This is what I currently own: pcpartpicker.com/list/DkQKcY

Putting Ryzen 5 2600 in this look like a good upgrade? I've been having issues with the cheapo CPU I got back when I bought this in January 2017. Going to grab another stick of RAM soon after. No, you don't have to tell me that I also have to replace my motherboard. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

>talking with friends at work
>mention i have 64gb of ram
>they look at me like i'm retarded when i say i have at least 150 tabs open at any given time

man. anyway, for 4k, whats a good upgrade from a 1070? have a 1950x and 64gb of ddr4-2933

From dual core to 6 core... Yeah it's a good upgrade lol

dual core to a hex core, yes, that's a good upgrade.
Wait a week or so for more B450 motherboards to come out

Just get a 1080ti.

Attached: k5qO1ss.jpg (800x1051, 519K)

tempted to get this week's humblebundle for the benchmark tool (advanced edition)
i don't really need advanced but i like to buy proprietary software i use daily (except after effects and fireworks apparently)

>measurements
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737506

Wow that is one shitty case and motherboard.
You can fit low profile cards only.

This is why I asked. Had no idea new motherboards were about to drop.

Any recommendations on those low profile cards? I am only using ps2 & GameCube emulators, not trying to run the latest God of War. So low end is fine.

Zotac GT 1030 or Gigabyte GT 1030 with the thin heatsink, if you can afford it get a Zotact GTX 1050Ti low profile.

wccftech.com/amd-b450-motherboards-official-launch-msi-asus-asrock-gigabyte-roundup/

Some Asus boards are already on Amazon, and 2 Asrock boards are already on Newegg, despite the fact there's no official release yet. Official release is close.

Examples.
amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-DirectX-Profile-ZT-P10300A-10L/dp/B0711NWFJX/
amazon.com/Gigabyte-GV-N1030D4-2GL-GeForce-Computer-Graphics/dp/B07C3DWK1Z/

GTX 1050Ti: amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Profile-Graphics-ZT-P10510E-10L/dp/B06XHZ29N5/

Thanks

Looks like an interesting setup. Personally I want to put together a budget Optiplex i7 9020 SFF with a low profile 1050ti.

Is Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 also good?

Twice as better than a GT 1030, and the GTX 1050Ti is twice as better than the GTX 1050.

Didn't know the 1050ti was low profile.

There are only 3 GTX 1050Ti models, and 2 out them are always out stock, so its not rare to don't know about it.

Why aren't you banned? You're a real dipshit, you know that? It's even listed right fucking there for 1440p + g-sync. Learn to fucking read. Kill yourself.

>namefagging
also
check em

i've got one stick of team elite ddr3 8gb 1333mhz ram.
I'm considering overclocking it as i'm getting shit fps in warhammer 2 with my rig
rig:
i5-4440 3,2ghz
1060 3gb
8gb ram as stated above

I've got just over recommended hardware for 40+ fps in high preset in Wh2 yet I have to turn shit to low just to get 40+.
With medium i'm struggling for 30+, don't worry i've looked and did all the tweaking they talk about.

Is it worth it to overclock my ram? team elite doesn't look like your uber cool "gaming" ram so i fear burning it out or something

Attached: 1531935051348.png (900x691, 1.04M)

Which stick?
Also only OC till timings change.
Anything over 11-11-11 or CR over 1T is a no go.

Just buy another 8GB stick, you will get better perfomance this way.
You can buy it used, it just needs to be 1333MHz CL9.

it doesnt need to be 1333 9, itll just downclock to that and probably have a higher cas than 9

(heiled)
B450 release date is July 31st

I think I lost the silicon lottery on my 8700k, should I buy a new chip and just sell the current one?

can't get stable on 5ghz at 1.4v. Can play games and browse the web, but fails probably every stress test or benchmark. I take anyone saying that theirs is stable under 1.3v with a grain of salt, but I can believe that 1.34-1.37v is considered "average" or "good but not amazing".

Attached: 1470819781057.png (1587x1600, 1.13M)

>people STILL don't know you can get win 10 pro keys on ebay for less than $9

I'm using an old i5 3570k that is starting to finally slug and die. The Microcenter near me is selling an open box'd i7 8700k for 280 dollars (after taxes) Is it worth spending the 100 more on that one over the i5? I only do video editing as a hobby once in awhile but I record a lot of gameplay and I'm not sure if the hyper threading is a nice feature to have even if I don't necessarily use it, as retarded as I sound.

step it up user

Attached: DYrjVYMW4AA8gIo.jpg (1200x900, 264K)

just bought this beauty, u gois jelly?

Attached: AEEN_1_20170829944222097.jpg (1280x960, 159K)

>Bungholiomarks
MY FUCKING SIDES!

Those colors trigger me so much

some time ago someone posted on Jow Forums info about new cheap budget laptops/thinkpads from (i think it was lenovo) that were using low end ryzen apu (2200U)
could someone please provide sauce to this ? cause i don't remember if that was meming or not anymore

how about you delid yourself ?

im waiting to see what an 1180 can do. 1080ti doesnt hit 60 fps in 4k. hoping 1180 pushes it past the limit

Based and redpilled

>it actually has 64 x 4mb physical ram chips
>i counted

Shoo shoo

Attached: 1530479997283.jpg (618x591, 57K)

I've been unhappy with every case Ive had for the past 10 years
Anybody else have this?
Anybody know of a case that is "the one"?

what cases have you gotten

It'll be the same an a 1080ti, albeit with faster memory.
Literally what do you want to house in your case? What do you want a case to achieve?

Which is the best cooler?

1080 is faster than a 980 ti, is it not?

either way im waiting to see some officially released specs

nh-d15

>1080 is faster than a 980 ti, is it not?
Irrelevant. The Pascal to Turing jump won't be as big as the Maxwell to Pascal, or Kepler to Maxwell jump. What we know is the 1180 will share the same number of Cuda Cores as the 1080ti, but with a 12nm die down from Pascal's 16nm. What we don't know is what kind of Core clock speeds will be achievable though, so there may be some superficial gains there.

>The Pascal to Turing jump won't be as big as the Maxwell to Pascal, or Kepler to Maxwell jump

what makes you so sure aout this?

>What we know is the 1180 will share the same number of Cuda Cores as the 1080ti, but with a 12nm die down from Pascal's 16nm

some of this is technically still speculation as that info is from unverifiable leaks, though i too suspect it to be true.

>What we don't know is what kind of Core clock speeds will be achievable though, so there may be some superficial gains there.

im just hoping theres more headroom architecturally since the 10 series didnt have much thermal headroom for overclocking before the chip just couldnt handle it architecturally.

There is no jump from Maxwell to Pascal you idiot. At the same clocks they perform the same and the only performance boost comes from the clocks. Pascal and Maxwell are basically the same architecture with one being on a smaller node.

hey friend, no need to be rude to the guy. this conversation can be more productive if you keep that in mind

he wasn't being rude. Stating facts isn't rude.
Go back to your conservative safe space.

> you idiot
thats being rude and is unnessecary

>Stating facts isn't rude.
but name calling for no reason is

>Go back to your conservative safe space.
ever notice the people chanting about there safe spaces are the rude ones?

that said, if you wanna just insult others for no reason, go join the other conversations where people jerk themselves off over there affections for AMD or Intel while posting crude pictures in paint

So there is no point waiting until september unless you want to spend $1000 for 5-10% perfomance boost compared to 1080ti right?

Is there even any reason to get a 1080? It seems like it's outclassed by both the 1070ti and 1080ti

spend $1000

no way it will be that expensive. it would be a waste to produce the card as so few would buy it

also when the 11 series releases it should drop the price of the cards that are around now

it sits in the middle and its price reflects that, you could ask the same of the 1070ti in regards to the 1070 and 1080

Unless you buy it the first day thats what the price is gonna be pretty much for a while

>There is no jump from Maxwell to Pascal you idiot
Apart from a 28 to 16nm process shrink... You're anticipating the gains will be similar going from 16 to 12?
>At the same clocks they perform the same and the only performance boost comes from the clocks.
Cool story. Run your 980ti daily at 2100mhz and you'd have a point. As I said, there may be gains to be had with the minor process jump, but it won't be a case of the new xx70 being about equal with the previous xx80ti like the last two generations.
Let him/her remain angry

>it sits in the middle and its price reflects that, you could ask the same of the 1070ti in regards to the 1070 and 1080
Not really, the 1070ti is substantially closer to the 1080 than it is 1070. Hence why everyone here maintains the 1080 isn't worth it, unless you get it for near 1070ti price.

>You're anticipating the gains will be similar going from 16 to 12?
Not him, but I'm not. The 12nm process Nvidia is using is already being used for the AMD Ryzen CPUs. There will be a gain, but it won't be extremely significant. For a massive gain, Nvidia would have to jump to 7nm like AMD is doing.

what are you assuming msrp will be

>Which stick?
teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-u-dimm-ddr3
this one. it's pretty budget
>it doesnt need to be 1333 9, itll just downclock to that and probably have a higher cas than 9
i'd rather not get a higher cas.
Yeah i've been considering getting another ram i've seen 2nd hand for $40 or so.
I know it can give me a boost of like 5-10fps but i'm not sure if it's worth $40. i'm pretty budget and buying my mom a rather expensive fridge on payday so.... I'd rather try overclock and see my luck.

If 1080's was $700 when all the memecoin shit werent a thing back then then 1180's will be around $800-850

1080ti*

Nvidia are using their own custom process so no one knows what the gains will be like but most people who aren't completely dense on the subject believe it'll be the same performance jump as always.

but thats over... and prices are back down to msrp. so whats your point and in what way is the crypto boom relevant?

Because every miner will get the new cards

>most people who aren't completely dense on the subject believe it'll be the same performance jump as always.
>"people who aren't dense are completely incompetent at extrapolating the data that's been brought to hand thus far, and make presumptions inconsistent with what they've been presented"
This is what you're literally saying.

>"those who are motivated by profit will needlessly buy irrelevant hardware"
Sounds legit

no they wont, unless this card is ludicrusly more efficient than prior cards. do you know why the cryptoboom even ended?

crypto is at less than 1/3 the price it was over winter, every card that was bought in the boom is now less than 1/3 as productive as it was in winter since electriciy costs havent changed.

if youre interested in coin right now youre pretty much better off just buying it and not wasting the time and electricity to mine it since return on investment is so far off, if not infinite as some cards now cost more to run than the coin they mine

Bitcoin got back at 7500 2 days ago, prbably gonna go up more till next year

it was at 20000 a few months ago, and it probably wont go anywhere for a while

go here, and search these dates:
coindesk.com/price/

2-1-2011 -> 11-1-2011
12-1-2012->7-1-2013
8-1-2013 -> 5-1-2014
8-1-2017 ->3-1-2018

its far too soon for the next boom

>endless cycle of fluctuating between $6k and $7.5k is equal to the December 2017 bubble
You're an absolute genius.

i lold, thank you

Found the salty nocoiners.

>gambling on the Bart Simpson model
You're not going to make it.

Attached: 1531219179297.png (950x598, 108K)

t. wagecuck

says the guy who doesnt know the correlation of efficiency of a card and return on investment. do you even understand why the RX cards were in higher demand than GTX?

have fun come tax season slowly losing equity while not understanding how trading works

When will the b450 series be in stores?

soon

Some of them already are.

Asus Prime B450-Plus: amazon.com/ASUS-Ryzen-Motherboards-PRIME-B450-PLUS/dp/B07FKT5CTH/

Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming: amazon.com/Motherboards-ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/dp/B07FKTZC4M/

Asus Tuf B450-Plus Gaming: amazon.com/Gaming-Motherboards-TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/dp/B07FMVJT1H/

Asus Rog Strix B450-I Gaming: amazon.com/Motherboards-ROG-STRIX-B450-I-GAMING/dp/B07FKTSWNG/

Asrock B450M-HDV: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157842

Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX/AC: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157844

>they all cost as much as a x470
What did they mean by this?

hate to be a rash but any advice?

>No MSI
It's shit

I have a GTX 1060 6GB, should I get a 1080p/144Hz or a 1440p/60Hz as a second monitor?

I ordered myself a new 2700X and Vega 64 setup but I plan on using my old storages.

Will the Win10 boot properly when I put the old drives into a new machine?
What drivers am I going to need to reinstall?
How do I set up StoreMI?

>How do I set up StoreMI?
youtube.com/watch?v=6qAO6ByyxNI

Does this process take minutes or hours ?

Every time I tried to make a system backup it was taking fucking ages.

According to AdoredTV's review, it took a few minutes, including a restart.
youtube.com/watch?v=D3-SqJHYzC0

Can anyone sum up the deffrience between first gen and second gen Ryzen chips?

>Purpose: development/VM/casual gaming

Already have: 2700x, 1070, Dan Case v2, Asetek 545LC
Waiting: Corsair SF600 plat w/ the nice cables
Want: Decent mobo in the ITX form factor.

I guess since I'm going with a watercooler, my VRMs won't get as much air as I'd like them to, so they have to be good.

Went with ITX because I'll be hoping between 3 countries for the next 3 years for a mid/large amount of time on each country.

Second gen has higher attainable clock speeds and a better IPC.

hey, anyone tired overclocking ram to an unsupported speed of both your cpu and motherboard?
My cpu and mobo only support 1600mhz but I wanna shoot for the stars

Attached: e25pfudanhw01.jpg (716x500, 43K)

>should I get a 1080p/144Hz or a 1440p/60Hz as a second monitor?
that's a meme. Don't get it just to impress people. Your money would be better spent on hookers and booze

I got an antec 300 8 years ago and never gave a fuck since, I have made modifications though.

>second gen Ryzen chips?
first gen is a waste of money unless you get it on special

There's a number of differences.
First gen is on a 14nm node.
Second gen is on a 12nm node. The 12nm node is what enables second gen Ryzen to clock so high. The 14nm node used for first gen Ryzen is actually the same node Samsung used to make the cpus for their Galaxy smartphones, notably the S7.
Second gen improved cache latency, and has a much better memory controller integrated, solving the numerous issues getting ram to run at proper speeds.
Beyond that, improvements to Precision Boost, and XFR, plus Precision Boost Overdrive, also make a big difference.

>Went with ITX because I'll be hoping between 3 countries for the next 3 years for a mid/large amount of time on each country.
what's going on in your life?
on the run from immigrants?

what's the best b360 motherboard?