Gamer laptop vs desktop for a drifer

>be a drifter
>move every year or so
>always had a laptop
>17.1 inch piece of shit
>I have to use a portable monitor and an external keyboard because lets face it, laptop monitors are small and shit, and laptop keyboards are crimes against humanity
>doesnt even feel portable

Are 17inch laptops even more portable than a desktop if you had to use an external monitor either way?

Attached: laptop-portable-kek.jpg (936x527, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=thXcTv3DY-A
eurocom.com/ec/images(429)SkyX9C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=thXcTv3DY-A

no just build a small form factor desktop

Attached: pc-q21b.jpg (1440x1080, 96K)

maybe you should stop gaming and grow up you piece of shit /v/tard

What, and start watching Netflix like every other normie cunt?
I'll take my online communities any day.

If your carrying a monitor and peripherals anyway you could get a hades canyon nuc, they are pretty beefy and small form factor. It's cheaper than a gaming laptop, since your not paying for things you don't need, like a screen and sick rgb keyboard.

Or just build a small form factor, whatever works.

you do realize that gaymers are normie cunts?
fuck netflix too
just do something productive you debile manbaby

>he says while browsing a Glaswegian film forum
settle down user

>productive
You're the sperg in the office who takes his job home for free, aren't you?

you're right, I should gain 100lbs of fat, be 25 years older and lose all my hair, then go to the pub and drink whiskey all day and reminisce about the days long gone.

>autistic lardboy tells people to "be productive" as he actively browses Jow Forums to troll people

yeah, you're absolutely right
>gayming
>being the same amount of retarded without gayming
no other options, right?

>troll people
I'd think that people asking about gaming laptops on Jow Forums is more trolling than telling people objective truths

This. I'm 18 and even I think that is childish.

what are your hobbies then lardboy

>hes gonna say he goes to the gym, travels around the world and learns another language

oh lawd ahahahah

>typing this kind of retarded bs
>not a manbabby
pick one

I personally use my computers to program, host services, edit images/videos etc.
it's a fucking tool with capabilities of running different kinds of entertainment

It's a lot more portable unless you use something like DanA4 sfx case. If you don't game, get a 13 inch ultrabook.

Its ur money use your head lol

Just get a normal laptop and play on low, no point in sacrificing battery life and overall useability for something as stupid as visual fidelity.

>being this mad

If you have a "portable" monitor and external keyboard what difference will it make if you have a desktop altogether?
Maybe look for small form factor cases that can still provide decent airflow. Anything will have better thermals than a laptop anyway.

You don't need it to be portable to move once in a year.

Get a tablet and SSH into your PC.

Attached: Screenshot_20180719-151921.jpg (768x1024, 390K)

unironically this, most steam games, especially indie ones run flawlessly on iGPU's, unless you're a fag who plays only AAA's and competitive cancer, also there's plenty legal and nonlegal ways to have steam games without Valve's shitty bloatware.

how's input latency?

Err... none? The latency comes when I save a file, not while typing.

Cheap 15" gamin laptops are the sweet spot. I sell mine and upgrade annually, which recoups about half of the eight hundred I spend. Desktops are more cost effective if you keep them for many years but I haven't done that in ages. Desktop performance is overkill for my use. A mobile 1050ti in my current laptop kills 1080p games at med/high settings and that's good enough for me.

Also, laptop keyboards are fine, it's the trackpads that suck. Fortunately for us the mouse exists. Screen size is an acquired taste. I find 15 and 17" tolerable after many years of using them. I'd be all over a bigger screen if they became affordable but until then I'm happy with what I have. Lugging monitors to a new job site every quarter would be a pain in the ass.

Get a desktop replacement instead. There are many brands that don't look for the "gayman" audience
eurocom.com/ec/images(429)SkyX9C

>Also, laptop keyboards are fine, it's the trackpads that suck.
This.
Touchpads in general are fucking shit to use, i use the Trackpoint on my laptop which is way better but that keeps me locked to Jewnovo hardware.

Attached: 558.png (500x468, 233K)

dunno, I move a lot too and I got myself expensive gaming laptop 3 years ago (I don't play any games but work in demanding specialized software) and I'm not really happy with it, battery died recently and it's super ugly, the only good thing is the screen that wasn't glossy like on most high end laptops nowadays and has good color reproduction (relevant for my work)

there are those little zotac boxes too

Attached: zbox_en1070_image01.jpg (1024x662, 66K)

I have set my sights on an HP Omen, and i would like to know if anybody has had any expereience with the model, just give me your opinion.

>17 inch screen
>GTX 1060 6GB (probably the MAX Q version)
>Intel core i7-6700hq cpu at 3.8GHz
>16GB ram
>1tb HDD
>250gb SSD

Attached: 37366117_2126512221004441_7594727864210030592_n.jpg (960x720, 86K)

Why are you buying 17 if you use external screen anyway.

This. Get a $100 Thinkpad and embrace heterosexuality.

Attached: 4f7.jpg (680x424, 42K)

I use a 17 in omen for work, its shit and the linux support is fucking abysmal
also fuck off back to facebook

Get an MATX case. It's not much bigger than a 17" laptop in a carrying cas, and if you already carry a monitor around, what's the deal. I used to carry a full ATX tower every other week during summer to my friend's lan parties in a village 5km away from mine.
If you need a laptop for general fagging around and "productivity" or whatever, get the cheapest 13" that comes with atleast an i3.

I love when Jow Forums get triggered by games

I recommend building a custom "laptop" with an actual monitor, keyboard, and mITX PC all wrapped up into a carrying case if you're serious about portability. It will make the Predator look small but it beats lugging a laptop and peripherals around. If all you're doing is moving annually then even a normal desktop should be fine, what's the problem?

So what do you people do for fun that can be put in a carry on bag?

He asked what your hobbies were, not what you used your computer for. Everything you listed was work. Do you do things other than work?

Attached: 1322267710060.jpg (999x1477, 283K)

>le stop pwaying gamez
Fuck off I'm going to do whatever I want.
Go for it OP I'm planing to build portable PC too.

Attached: Boomeridle_1.png (441x587, 226K)