Why did Mobile Phones become so expensive?

Why did Mobile Phones become so expensive?
Remember when $300, $600 could buy you a top of the line persona mobile phone? Now a days, mobile computing devices cost as much as personal desktop computers!

Attached: file.png (445x730, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9_costs_379_build-news-30147.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

greedy corporations as usual.
>remove useful features
>improves/add new features as little as possible
and yet the price keeps increasing

it's because stupid people keep buying them

$200 phones are good enough
They make high end phone for try hard, show off people

Increased build cost among other things.
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9_costs_379_build-news-30147.php

why does that look so much like a risized Keyone?

Attached: blackberry-keyone-review-aa-10-of-30-840x561.jpg (840x561, 145K)

"Smart" phones have always been expensive tho

>remove useful features
name one

They do that shit just so they can justify the mark up price of up to $1000 for a fucking phone

3.5mm aux jack.

t. retarded apple user

Aren't motorola phones affordable and yet very appealing to use? Get one of them

150$ can get a great phone you fagget

based and redpilled

>Rage maker
epic

The cheap garbage phones of today are much, much better than the expensive top of the line phones from yesterday.
In my opinion, they are also better than the best phones of today - you don't need desktop performance on a phone, you need bettery life, and that's what mid range phones provide and high end phones struggle with.

Because $300 phone is already a great phone, and $600 actually can buy you a flagship?
I heard Essential Phone hits $250 now.

Headphone jack, removable battery, rectangles, physical buttons, USB port.

You need to buy a top of the line phone from 2-3 years ago that's lightly used. If you're into iToys those update to the latest OS just like new. If you're tech literate, you can buy a Nexus/Pixel/OnePlus and spend 5 minutes unlocking the bootloader and installing Lineage OS. The other advantage of buying an older Android developer phone is that there's almost always a fully functional custom OS for it.

I currently use a OnePlus 3T with Linage OS nightly. No Google shit botnet apps installed, only F-Droid that provides all the apps I need.

>inb4 muh gaymens
>inb4 muh social media
Functional adult members of society don't have time for this garbage. It's bad for you and you literally do not need it.

Attached: 1529853796042.jpg (657x527, 45K)

Manufacturers realized that people will gladly pay $1000 for a new device that functions the same as the old device and will be unsupported and useless in 1 year

you forget that half of all android handsets lack a aux port now

thats what you get for being an Icuck lmao almost all mid-high end android phones still have those things with the exception of removable batteries

Guess what
Buy a phone that has one, then
It's not that hard

i see that you are mentally retarded
I expected nothing less

>being this out of touch

>They do that shit just so they can justify the mark up price of up to $1000 for a fucking phone
What shit? Phones have manufacturing costs, no? Where does the surprise come in?

Sony phones are fantastic for the price. The Z3 is more than enough and it's like 50 dollars on ebay.

My autistic Zenfone Amerimutt edition is runing like sludge lately despite having a custom ROM with no gapps *whatsoever*, I'm debating between upgrading to a shit exflagship or a Xiaomeme $100 thing

Should I nig/g/ers?

Attached: Screenshot_20180719-162714.png (720x1280, 247K)

Basically all snapdragon processors suck so just get something relatively new.
I got the Z3v because Verizon has horrible support for android phones
>no fucking cases for my model sold anywhere
but this was one of the nicer looking ones. It's really decent all around.

However if you think you're going to get a phone for mobile games from sony you should look elsewhere, js.

>back in my day

you don't need a fone either

>bought a Note 4 back in 2014
>still running like a champ and no plan on upgrading any time soon

Attached: 1529900473726.png (666x666, 487K)

I'm asking the same question. I'm aftyer the top speakers quality the rest can go die.

>Remember when $300, $600 could buy you a top of the line persona mobile phone?

$300 will still get you a damn good phone. Not top-of-the-line, but more than worthwhile.

Just did that exact thing.

You mean the iPhags.

only meme phones have become more expensive. phones that acre actually good (chinkphones) offer 99% of the same performance and build for

flagshit phones are a scam, you can get great phones for $200 and excellent ones for $300

One reason is the price of RAM wen't up because there's a "shortage"

(((shortage)))

Attached: images.jpg (553x554, 31K)

>Why did Mobile Phones become so expensive?
Because they found that the market is willing to pay for it.

I can get one for free by running fast enough.

>tfw faggots too afraid to stole it from a faggot normie

Attached: 1529885618126.jpg (501x501, 14K)

name 5

This.

really, what do you need a flagship phone for? playing games? I could emulate PSP and PS1 with 30fps on my 50$ chinkshit. and 100$ is probably overkill for a phone. what kind of tetard would spend 500 dollars on a fucking phone, its a phone, niggers

Attached: lIujCU6.gif (255x138, 974K)

Qraquan give it back

The thing that really kills me is carriers not subsidizing them anymore. You used to pay $300 up front for a phone that was $1000 unlocked, now you have to pay monthly and end up shelling out the same amount that an unlocked one would have cost. It's not like plans got cheaper to make up for it, either.

what
what, are you for real? is this how it works in US?
here you just buy whatever the fuck phone you want and buy whatever Sim from one of the provides and stick it in

I used to think like this but once you've used a phone with 1440p oled you'll never want to go back to budget phones. It would be nice if there were mid range phones with mid tier internals and great screen, but we of course only get them on flagships.

Who even owns a desktop computer nowadays?

anyone who works a job, has a computer related hobby, likes to browse internet comfortably, watch movies

You aren't allowed to pull the adult card when you are yourself wasting time on a forum.

The avg 200-500usd smartphone leapfrogs to of the line shit every year or so anyway who cares

You can do that too, by buying an unlocked phone, but if you get one direct from the carrier they make you do the stupid installment plan thing. The only sort of good part is that, if you keep your phone in good condition, you can return it after a year and get a new phone, so you get to have a new flagship every year for the same price as buying an unlocked one every 2-3 years.

>caring about speaker quality on a phone
You're not one of those fucking people who blasts music on public transport from your tinny shit phone speaker are you user? There are no good phone speakers.

It costs more money to hire chinks that add an sdcard slot rather than changing 1 internal storage part while using the same chinks.

OP is a fag and doesn't know that new technology can get more expensive

>Lineage OS
falling for muh privacy meme

Get an inexpensive one?