Have to buy GTX 1180ti now that everything is moving to DX12/Vulkan

>have to buy GTX 1180ti now that everything is moving to DX12/Vulkan
Why did it have to be this way, Jow Forums?
Why couldn't Nvidijews make Pascal with DX12 hardware support?
>inb4 pajeets shilling amd garbage

Attached: 1517759502897.png (314x326, 110K)

welcome to 2014... novidiot.

Is that some buyer's remorse right there?

it smells DC5.0 all over again.

The fuck?

My glorious 1050Ti supports DX12

>now that everything is moving to DX12/Vulkan
people have been saying that shit for like 4 years now

it also supports DX13

And Vulkan

no ?

Yes, it does, you dumb consumerist shit.

Was it good to suck strangers' cock for your shiny 1080?

They keep doing it because goyim like you keep buying

I have in my rusty laptop really old 920M and it supports DX12 and Vulkan. In what fucking year do you live frogposter?

I am not mocking you for your 1050ti,
I am mocking you because you think that it supports DX12.
It supports DX12, as much as DX13.
For nvidia a GPU feature is considered a feature even if it is only implemented on the driver.
That's why when moving their barelyworks libraries to DX12, most of their GPUs lost performance on all games using them.

I keep thinking how cool it would be to build a high end PC. Then I realize modern games suck and really aren't fun at all.

No hardware async, so its DX12/Vulkan performance will suffer in comparison to comparable AMD GPUs.

but on DX12 games on pascal still beats amd

>All every human being buying modern PC is for games only

I didn't imply that. But look at the thread, it is pretty much only about gayming. Who else would care about DX12/Vulkan etc

Even my good old meme 970 supports DX 12 get with the times grandpa

Idc man my 1080 runs games on high at 1080p/60hz dont give a FUCK about dxDingleberry

>2018
>cards still can't handle 4k 120fps

Pathetic

System requirements in modern games are completely artifical, especially in gimpworks titles.

Arent you cool? Lul60hz XD

DX12-only games aren't like 1 or 2?

Any microsoft game from xbone is dx12.

>now that everything is moving to DX12
Like what?

>playing the same old shitty console games that you already played on 360 because the controller and therefore the gameplay hasn't evolved a single bit since then
For what purpose do you play inferior products while the rest of the industry evolves?

wow introduced shittiest dx12 renderer in last patch
It's literally can be said about any game and platform.

>It's literally can be said about any game and platform.
It can't. The keyboard and mouse and flight stick on PC have ample input space that's still being constantly used in innovative and more comprehensive ways on consoles, enabling crazy gameplay mechanics and grafting of genres, without killing response times or increasing missclick potential like modifiers on controllers would make.
You still can't even play Mount&Blade Warband on consoles without giving up on a whole mechanic or two just to be able to keep up with a controller since it can't fit.

>comprehensive ways than on consoles*

>giving up on a whole mechanic
such as?

Such as you can't efficiently shoot and move while quickly commanding and positioning an army or multiple units at the same time without the keyboard involved with well thought out binding.

>GTX 1080 for 1080p/60Hz gaming
1060 6GB could easily to that.

>When a game you play adds DX12 support and novidiots flood the fourms because they lost 30-40 fps
>while my RX 470 gained about 20-30 FPS
fine wine boiz

Attached: 1530414575798.png (669x472, 282K)

> running Windows
> running Window
> running gaymes

The fuck is this faggotry?

>DX13
you what mate?

lol no

>Caring about anything over 60fps
Pathetic

Amd build GCN for computation and graphics, but bad drives just fuck up, nvidia prefer just polish GPU for graphics(maxwell and Pascal) and put really good drivers, waiting Volta to be radical redesign for compute and graphics.

But pascal does support dx12/vulkan. The reason you don't get large gains from it unlike amd is because the scheduler is very good at feeding the pipeline without any bubbles. It's overall just a very balanced architecture. The fact that volta seems to do a lot better under next gen apis compared to dx11/opengl seems to point to the fact that the architecture seems to have problems with the scheduling. Perhaps due to how many CUDA cores are there compared to previous generations.

t. Amd fan

please be some sort of amazing ebin trole

People still play at 60 fps? you kiddin' right?

there are like 15 games that use dx12

is DX12 just DX10 all over again?

yes, no one cares about dx12
why would anyone use dx12 when they can just use vulkan instead?

It will be implemented slowly when some retards will leave the their win7&8.

>It's overall just a very balanced architecture.

this, the dx12/vulkan spec has all sorts of different features.
nvidia read properly the use cases for each feature and the speed at which the industry would adds support for each to spend their silicon wisely when designing their architecture.

The few features within the vulkan spec they didnt implement (ie async compute) are not a big deal.
Think about it this way, your CPU doesnt operate imaginary numbers natively but that doesnt mean it cant actually perform tasks associated with them effectively.

You have to realize that when competing with an inferior product you try to create differentiation with whatever features the competition doesnt have. Problem in this case is the differentiation doesnt add actual value, or at least not enough to counter the overall inferior technology AMD has.

Dx12 and vulkan have been out for years and there is only a handful of games that use it. About 90% of games these days are still coming out using dx11 or opengl.

Dx12 and vulkan are fucking dead

I wouldn't go that far

go away man
what about unoptimized trash like Wildlands? What about upcoming games like Metro Exodus and Tomb Raider 3? Like hell the 1060 can run those maxed out.

>reading comprehension of a downy

Attached: Wojak.png (485x392, 49K)

>Dx12 and vulkan have been out for years and there is only a handful of games that use it.
Took a good 5-6 years for Dx11 adoption to really happen partially due to so much time+money already being invested in pre-existing tech (engines, coding skills, etc). Why do you think it's going to be any different for Dx12/Volkin?
That said, Dx12 is basicly dead since it's only real supporter is MS where the rest of the industry is moving to Volkin.

You're fucked either way if you have a current gen GPU. Specially if you have something in the performance class of 1050Ti, which is utter garbage for modern games if you want to put settings anywhere near maximums.

I have a GTX 960 and would like to upgrade. Suggestions?

>which is utter garbage for modern games
Good thing 99% of AAA games that are graphically demanding are fucking garbage.
I've got a 950GTX and Dark Souls 3 is the only game that pushes the card that I own.
Considering how trash top end games are I don't really get the appeal of dropping the cash for upper end videocards.

>have to buy a $1000 graphics card
stop being a /v/cuck and get a 1160 or whatever

0.0000006 shekels have been gifted to your account sar rajesh shekelberg, sar.

why are you double spacing like Jow Forums is your resume/essay? are you actually autistic?

>still have 2 gtx 680s
>they work fine since i dont play anything too big
>only game i really want is monster hunter world
>would cost less to just get a ps4 than a new card

Attached: 1510731684368.png (633x758, 293K)