Edge is unironically the best browser right now. Full features, ultra fast...

Edge is unironically the best browser right now. Full features, ultra fast, and less memory/cpu intensive than firefox and chrome.

Attached: Reinstall-Microsoft-Edge-In-Windows-10.jpg (800x473, 27K)

Still buggy as hell
Also Safari is even faster and lighter but only on macOS.
People like chrome and firefox because these are the most stable on the market.
But I can agree that chrome is lacking lately

Buggy as fuck, looks garbage, terrible performance compared to Chrome/Firefox, awful bookmark management and a lack of extensions.
As you said though, it did use less CPU/RAM than other browsers, but it was pretty marginal, and when you literally never go over 50% usage in your day to day usage its a literal non-issue..

Attached: 151021234223.jpg (1308x1398, 705K)

>buggy
Autists.
Not had one issue with it.

Faggot.

Attached: 11.jpg (1106x962, 333K)

>replying to pasta

t. microfag

>As you said though, it did use less CPU/RAM than other browsers, but it was pretty marginal, and when you literally never go over 50% usage in your day to day usage its a literal non-issue..
I did a test yesterday with 10 tabs on all 3, edge was using a fuckton less with all the same extensions enabled.

I found an easily replicable bug when dragging bookmarks.
Its shit.

I've used chrome since it came out and Firefox before that. Only recently started using edge.

I'm purely speaking from my own experience, and as I said, its never going to be a factor in whether I chose one browser over another.

Vivaldi is unironically better at doing what edge is trying to do and it isn't a botnet

It's better than internet explorer, but not there yet to be equal to chrome or firefox or safari.

>Vivaldi is unironically better at doing what edge is trying to do
And that is?

>Edge is unironically the best browser right now.

I've recently discovered that Edge works amazing over rdp, whereas chrome and firefox really suck when used remotely. If you do any browsing via VMs you'll know what I mean - a gif in chrome will flicker, youtube is super choppy and unwatchable, etc. If you enable remotefx in the VM and use Edge, its like local browsing again. I'm not aware of any other browser that can achieve this.

I'm not switching browsers entirely but I am using edge from VMs now.

Don't think edge has add ons so I stay with firefox.

It does, just not very many.

>Windows
lol

>Anything else
lmao

It has all the ones you need.

>you don't need that lol
You should install Linux, you'd fit right in.

Prove it.

> full of features
>no webm
> no add block
Pick one

It's internet explorer, there is no two ways about this. It's a heavily re-engineered IE, but it's still IE at its core.

Shit, they're still using Trident in it, they just decoupled a few things that were overhauled.

Its definitely lacking but you're ignorance is showing.

I'm using ublock origin right now retard.

Edge uses less resources because its designed for one OS. This makes it way more efficient and easier to develop for. Do you guys seriously not realize this? Same goes for safari. That being said, they are still not even the best overall option.

What's the best?

Honestly, Firefox after you go through preferences and a few about:config settings to suite your own needs. And for some, userchrome.css is real slick. Firefox still has the most extensions and user control. And now its actually fast and more stable with multiprocess.

hogs resources

Not if you use your preferences.
I'm using 600MB with 8 tabs and barely any cpu usage because I block js with uO.

When was the last time you updated win 10? Edge has full extension support and now supports webm.
I know because i used to not be able to view the nig/chink hate threads on Jow Forums without jumping on firefox. Not the case anymore.

It is really bloated because it requires a completely new operating system to work.

I don't even have 10 installed any more, but feel free to do this and see if it happens to you.
1. Import lots of bookmarks from HTML file.
2. Open bookmarks menu.
3. Start dragging imported bookmarks to the actual bar (or whatever they call that folder).
4. Will eventually freeze/lockup, can't do shit until restart edge.
5. Try to close edge, get pic related. On a local account.
Not to mention random shit gets "stuck" on screen and won't go away until restarting the piece of shit.
This was on a Windows 10 build from a few weeks ago.

Attached: ibnvzuw96fw01.png (465x216, 10K)

>Updating the entire operating system to get a new feature of a single program

not that guy, but out of curiosity what do you have now after removing 10?

Do you have a plan for what to do in 2020 when support will end? I bring this up because I've been avoiding installing Windows 10 as much as possible after the beta and having to use it at work some time ago failed to impress me, and I want to see what plans other gentoomen came up with for when Windows 7 is laid to rest (I'm probably going to switch to loonix full time since by then Wine will probably be perfected)

>install 10
>then shutup10
>optimize other settings and registry shit yourself unless you're retarded
There. I'm set for life. Windows 7 has a bleak future. Better find as many ways as I can to make 10 as less shitty as possible.

I'd do this, except from what I've heard about their frequent update cycle I get the impression that any utility I'd get to unfuck Windows 10 will break a month later, causing me to constantly be fixing things as if I'm on an Arch installation about five years ago

Edge has Spyware embedded
(Just as Chrome though)

I love Microsoft.

Use LTSB.

FUCKING FIX THE SCROLLBARS THEY DON'T DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: image.jpg (2736x1824, 1.74M)

FUCKING BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY UPDATE!!!!!!

Attached: image.jpg (2736x1824, 1.75M)

cool! how do I install it in my Windows 7 laptop?

>muh spyware
Bet you also believe in the illuminati and unironically listen to Alex Jones

I'm not by the way, that's some other user.
More than likely there will be additional support even after then.
XP is still "supported" and does get updates, but you have to do a registry tweak for it.
Server is also a thing.

Edge works flawlessly on sites that actually bothered putting in effort.
All these HUGE bloated websites (Youtube is one of them) works horrendously on them because Edge refuses to give them hardware resources.

It's the future, now if only firefox and chrome both stopped babying these shitty bloated sites.

Why are you allowing all scripts?

Anyone else have this issue?

Firefox has much better font rendering and you can configure the top of the browser to be much smaller.

>unironically using IE11.1
>unironically using windows

Attached: 1510011341022.png (802x854, 1.42M)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you compare Edge with IE11, then yes, it is a godsend.
But Edge sucks.
Safari also sucks, but I have to deal with its deficiencies since it is the only browser for a certain platform.
Edge has no such excuse. It is a garbage that is designed to make me upset.
>deliberately choosing Edge
AHAHAHAHAHA
Such my dick.

It does not use Trident. That stayed in ie. Edge is literally ie without Trident.

I'm not though? Where did you get that idea? Just because you deny the loading of scripts does not mean the sites aren't still very bloated.

yeah, i had that among other issues. switched to 8.1. don't have the time to deal with win 10 quirks.

dont

If you are using a whitelist than it isn't even an issue. Unless you're complaining for people who don't block scripts

Edge is so slow that I sometimes choose to use Internet Explorer instead when Firefox is playing up.

it will always be a second rate browser because it's not webkit. not because edgehtml is bad or anything, but because webkit is like 75% of the browser market right now, that's what people will develop for, and microsoft can't manage to stop requiring hacks for everything.

>use ms edgy
>wow so good out of the box nice MS I love you
>10 minutes later randomly freezes
>downloads randomly hang at 100% and never finish, need to restart edge and cancel them to clear the list

These bloated JS-out-the-ass websites are absolutely an issue regardless if you're blocking scripts or not, as blocking scripts in majority of these scenarios prevents any content from actually loading.

>thinks Microsoft doesn't spy
>being such a dumb sheep
Explain PRISM then. Explain why 0 days are always reported to the NSA first by Microsoft. Explain why you have to take so many steps to completely disable telemetry tracking. Are you now going to say I'm a criminal because I want privacy?

I don't need to allow much at all compared to everything the site tries to load.

>lack of extensions
This is why it's light on resources and relatively secure.

Stupidest thing I've read all day.
Try re-reading that.

I'm tired of using mememonkey, what should I use now.

Attached: 1509014822646.jpg (288x356, 12K)

All the quirks present in IE 11 are present in Edge too, it's basically IE 12. When we end support for IE in the fall we're ending support for Edge too. Less than 1% of our users use it so there's no point in giving ourselves extra work.