Remember: if you hate python - you hate programming

Remember: if you hate python - you hate programming.

>Beautiful language
>INCREDIBLE libraries
>Main dev is Dutch so he's basically a nazi
>Impossible to write python if you're non-white

Attached: Swastika.png (2000x1200, 31K)

I enjoy Python programming. It's easy and straight forward and takes a small amount of time to do a simple script

>you hate programming
Yep

Attached: 1513433645732.png (1001x621, 342K)

brainlet programming language. literally just a pseudocode

>inb4 muh whitespace autism
Guys there's plenty of reason to hate on a language, mandatory whitespace isn't one of them. I mean I'd hope you were going to put whitespace into your code anyway.

wtf I love Python now

Python is like Visual Basic with bad tooling.

I do not think it is beautiful, the syntax to me is ugly as fuck and tedious.

>Dutch = Nazi
I am sure the Dutch love that German occupied them during WW2 xD.

>>Beautiful language
It looks like absolute ass, with its blocks of whitespace and elif and shit
>INCREDIBLE libraries
By that logic Javascript is a good language too
>Main dev is Dutch so he's basically a nazi
Yeah no. At least he's not an SJW as far as I know
>Impossible to write python if you're non-white
This is just wrong. Python is a fantastic pajeet language.

Of course I do, and that's why the language imposing its own meaning on whitespace annoys me. If I was happy to write entire programs with zero indentation, then adding whitespace would be no worse than adding curly braces is in other programs. But the problem is I already use whitespace for my own formatting purposes, so now when the language assigns meaning to it it means I have to perfectly conform to ITS idea of whitespace, and there will inevitably be cases where we disagree.

It's like fucking Go that will yell at you if you have an unused variable. Yeah I know I have an unused variable, I just commented out the line that used it because I'm trying to see if something will work, the entire section is getting refactored anyway depending on my conclusion, going back to delete the declaration is just slowing me down. And just like Go cultists will endlessly repeat "b-but it encourages g-good practices!", and refuse to make a minor change, so do "pythonistas" endlessly spew the same "b-but you already use whitespace!" non-argument.

Here's a practical example: say I refactor code, and copy-paste a semi complex set of nested blocks (arising from conditionals or loops). All the indentation is gonna be wrong. Every competent editor can immediately fix the indentation in a language that uses braces or anything else, but in Python the indentation is PART OF the syntax, so your editor simply can't know what you meant now that it's all wrong and you have to fix it by hand.

Imagine a language where comments are syntactically significant. "But that's good - you should have been putting comments into your code anyway! Never mind that now comments have a strict grammar and you can't just write a concise explanation in natural language where needed, you have to follow the language's rules instead." This is what you sound like, albeit less extreme.

>Whitespace autism
Imagine being so autistic you write three paragraphs in response to a shitpost.

i am a nigger and i like python

Because the dutch just love nazis.

Attached: 1511488704756.jpg (348x348, 16K)

>nazi

Attached: pycon-4.png (604x888, 485K)

>Main dev
Guido just retired.

I my opinion, if you hate a language, you are not a programmer, don't matter what you like and use or if you don't understand it.

The pythonic way of making a variable private: just start its name with underscore and hope nobody will touch it.

They don't call them feminazis for no reason!
>wtf I'm a feminist now

>Hurr dur white space
Yeah it's just SO ugly right...?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 2.25.56 am.png (821x422, 54K)

programming with semicolons feels so god damn weird

***without semicolons fml

Not gonna lie, if C++ had a library like BeautifulSoup, I'd drop Python nearly instantly.