amazon.com/Code-Complete-Practical-Handbook-Construction/dp/0735619670
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is this c++? I dont know that language

>leading commas
>lines that go on for 200+ characters
just switch to gender studies already

too bad notepad++ was aimed for script kiddies with tiny codebases

>lines that go on for 200+ characters
any sane company would run garbage like that through automatic code-style tools and fire flaming faggots like op on the spot

Go

AutoHotkey =/

Hey I'm a motel housekeeper trying to teach himself how to code from scratch, gimme a break dicks.

The leading commas are for readability because I'm trying to learn wtf I'm doing. They don't effect how the code runs.

Well it looks like its time to act like a grown up and learn Vim! Made and used by champions.

Attached: conor_mcgregor_.jpg (2000x1500, 1.01M)

>readability
amazon.com/Code-Complete-Practical-Handbook-Construction/dp/0735619670

If you are serious about learning how to code this is required reading unless you want to be a Jow Forums fizzbuzzlord

false

>shit the bed and die
you're gonna have to be a little more specific than that

What theme

>leading commas
The only way to line-extend in AHK. It's a disgustingly badly designed programming language with vomit syntax full of inconveniences and inconsistencies. Worst language I've ever used. Worse than JavaScript and PHP combined.

And I don't dare use Windows any more without my personal AHK scripts. It's regrettably useful.

Install VS Code like a proper programmer. Notepad++ is for script kiddies.

if you wanna learn how to code, learn python. it's kinda one of the easiest shitts to learn and get the basics of what coding is

what kind of scripts?

What is this disgusting shitlang

Hi guys OP back.

I'm actively resisting switching to a fully-fledged IDE because:

1) It seems crazy intimidating and probably way overkill for my babbies first language
2) Forcing Notepad++ to bend to my will has really been an invaluable learning tool. I hadn't really looked into the C++/WinApi side of things prior to that.

It's an in-progress style I'm working on for AutoHotkey. The UserDefineLang choices in N++ are quite limited so there aren't really any AutoHotkey styles around that are worth a shit. This one is actually a lot more complicated than it looks, but it's still far from done. You have to come up with some inventive nestings and recursions and workarounds to get N++ to style syntax even remotely close to a real IDE.

On the left is the style that... a shitload of people use for AutoHotkey because it's included in a sticky thread on the AutoHotkey boards, My working style is on the right. Notice how much more comprehensive it is. (Being prettier is beside the point.)

Attached: themescompare.png (1193x686, 69K)

Switch to Tcl or something.

re: being a bigger pain in the ass than it looks...

Attached: udlshit.png (1266x588, 50K)

And finally - I managed to figure out how to accomplish the task I was aiming for in OP. Hopefully my code looks a bit nicer as well.

Any critiques unrelated to the language itself/my IDE/etc? Anyone who understands this wanna tell me how accurate my understanding of this process is based on my notes?

Attached: get_line_text.png (1249x1388, 162K)

- I have some window management, alt+mouse buttons to move and resize windows
- system-wide mouse gestures (right click move left to go back in browsers or in explorer)
- i have a broken mouse wheel, so that's disabled, plus I have xbutton1+mouse move to replace it
- winkey+whatever to launch a bunch of different programs
- capslock+ijkl for cursors and pageup/down/home/end

And yet unlike the kids who go through a "coding bootcamp" OP is already calling into shared libraries and essentially casting void pointers. It's funny how naturally ancient beginner languages like various procedural BASICs and their crippled bastard offspring like AutoHotKey teach people low-level concepts.

op,

Keep at it. Ask around about how to get in and just keep at it. I'm rooting for you.

The only negative thing about this code is you posted it on Jow Forums. There are better communities to be part of. Less time in Jow Forums better off you are.

can you suggest some of these communities you speak of? presumably for dev *cough* reddit *cough* or g+