Why do people still buy pre-built gaming pc's?

Why do people still buy pre-built gaming pc's?

Attached: 600.png (480x480, 38K)

People are stupid and can't build them themselves.
They also aren't affected by GPU or RAM prices so they are often cheaper or better deals.
The cases on some gaming pcs are pretty good looking and aren't as offensive as RGB messes that most cases nowadays have

It just werks

Because many people don't want to or can't build it themselves. You may be a neckbeard who screams "legos!!" over and over when the topic is brought up, but regardless of the complexity of putting together a PC, it still requires balls to handle thousands of dollars worth of equipment with no idea what you are doing. This is how you get bent cpu pins and cracked GPUs.

Most Normies have no clue what to buy as well. Understanding what will work together, what should work together, and how to make it run optimally are all skills we take for granted here.

Something that Jow Forums tends to overlook in the age of DRAM and GPU shortages: building your own PC offers very few cost advantages over a similarly-specced prebuilt, and may even end up costing you more. Combine that with the hassle of assembling a PC yourself (don't kid yourself, for most first-time builders it is a hassle), and people ask why the hell they should sit on a tile floor with some dumb wristband rather than just waiting a couple weeks for Dell to ship them something nice that works out of the box.

>This is how you get bent cpu pins
Not anymore, just contacts now, you can manhandle a CPU all you want

if I can get a pre-built with the exact specifications that I desire by paying some small premium, then that definitely works for me, and I've built pcs before
my time is valuable

Now you just bend the motherboard pins instead. I'm the brainlet that did just that, causing only one ram slot to work.

>why do people have their cars serviced when they can wrench it themselves
I had 306 GTI with a blown engine because I didn't tighten the cambelt properly and it tore itself apart, pistons hit the valves and I was looking at an engine rebuild that I don't have the tools for and all my friends were laughing at me because I didn't drop the 50€ to have a mechanic change my cambelt.

This is exactly how a normie thinks when he is told to drop 1000€ on some electric gizmos, connect them and plug it into the wall. I'm not saying it's hard to build a PC, but neither is changing chambelt.

Do you mean actual prebuilts, or having the pc built to you specs? Because prebuilts love using low quality parts.

>my time is valuable
Jow Forums

>a mechanic would let you get away with only paying 50 europe fun currency for something

they would probably charge you 100+ then recommend like 500 dollars worth of oil change and ac "service"

not to mention even technicians at shops somehow manage to fuck up things as simple as an oil change that they're already getting paid 40 bucks for

>Not anymore, just contacts now, you can manhandle a CPU all you want
>implying AMD doesn't still use PGA sockets

Attached: jtu6iei630r01.png (512x512, 239K)

>put together 10 pieces that don't fit anywhere other than where they should go

yep, pretty difficult to build

In some rare cases it can be a better deal. Mostly not but sometimes.

I just bought one on sale, saved ~$820 compared to what it would've cost me to put it together myself. No idea why they were on a fire sale, the build's solid and the components high quality (maybe they put it together before all the prices went batshit insane? that's got to be it).

I do agree that in 99.9% of cases you're better off building the PC on your own.

well i bought a prebuilt only because the ram and GPU prices at the time were bad (peak miner craze) its held up fine, i even slapped a few more SSDs in raid 0 and plan on slapping whatever 9th gen intel i7 i can get my hands on when my 8700 starts to slow down.

I don't live that far west, luckily. But yeah, if you bring your own parts, it's a 15min job on most pre2000 people's cars. 200€/h is good money here.

I live on a third world shit country. It is cheaper to import a full assembled rig from the US than to buy separate parts and pay shipping and import fees of each component.

Warranty plays a big part.

>Most Normies have no clue what to buy as well.
There is something called research. The so-called normies could have done that, but they don't care, or their time is worth more money than a computer.
>Understanding what will work together, what should work together, and how to make it run optimally are all skills we take for granted here.
They are not skills--your so-called normies just have better skills that makes better money.

Hey normie, don't you have some netflix to watch? I hear your time is valuable. Chop chop, time is money!

fuck off normie this is not your place REEEEEEEEE

it's not our fault that you're just too stupid to build a computer why don't you go kiss a girl or something and stay off the internet?

Why do people still build their own pc's in 2018?

Easy there, user - no need to get all defensive. This is the technolo/g/y forum, so it shouldn't be surprising that you'd find a lot of tech enthusiasts here. I hope you have a lot of fun with your prebuilt gaming PC. If you ever want to try your hand at building your own custom rig, can help you sort it out in no time.

Attached: optiyes-1337-gaming.png (501x869, 426K)

This.

some people are still 14
yes, I'm sure by the time you were 14 you had already built a gaming PC from scratch and worked 2 full time jobs to afford the parts, but some people are busy ACTUALLY being 14 and not larping as miserable adults

I hope you pretend you don't know anyone in real life that isn't capable of building a gaming PC.

i have been programming for 25 years and buy pre-built PCs because it isnt worth the physical or mental effort
if you think you're smart for putting one together you're a brainlet

shit even my mom built her own like 15 years ago and still uses the athlon dual core to this day..

>i have been programming for 25 years
>buy pre-built PCs because it isnt worth the physical or mental effort

Attached: cringe.gif (575x420, 507K)

you've been shitposting for 5 years and have been trying to finish college for longer than that

it requires too high mental effort because you are lacking in mental ability

It isn't worth the physical(LOL) or mental(non-existent) effort to optimize your rig for your workload? You know it's more cost-effective to tailor-make your rig, right?
Calling yourself a programmer is an insult to all programmers.

>technolo/g/y
This really pisses me off, why do newfags do this.

My first computer I bought with my own money was a pre-built because I was honestly afraid of dropping $1k+ in cash and fucking something up. I knew all the parts I wanted, but I was too afraid to assemble them.

I got my feet wet some time later by replacing the GPU/ram/etc. Eventually gained enough confidence and went fully custom on my 2nd build.

I'm so glad I did. I only ran into one problem, and that was when I had everything plugged in I turned it on and nothing happened. Kinda freaked out, then realized I had the Power SW connector plugged in the wrong way.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 12K)

>if you think you're smart for putting one together you're a brainlet
Next level cope

Attached: 99e0bbe23404af4c276e956eaac971a6119050a57beca370f9857b3ca33d8aac.jpg (645x588, 33K)

>optimize your rig for your workload?
yeah text editing is a demanding process
>You know it's more cost-effective to tailor-make your rig, right?
I'm not poor so I don't care
researching parts isn't even worth the effort

why do idiots still exist?

>implying AMD doesn't still use pins
>implying the little contacts on LGA motherboards aren't fragile as fuck

for entertainment

>yeah text editing is a demanding process
If that's all you're doing then I don't even know what the fuck you're doing in a thread clearly aimed at people talking about high-end desktops.

>researching parts isn't even worth the effort
you don't do shit. youre actually worse than someone that just browses social media. atleast they do some video processing/entertainment

you said 'workload', which refers to work, the only thing people are using high-end desktops for are fucking playing video games
honestly it's like plumbers thinking they're smart because they know how to fix your drain

I did all my fucking around on old throwaway desktops and laptops when i was young so when i built my first pc i knew what i was doing

My friend bent his cpu pins out to fuck (the ones for Intel on the motherboard) and he didn't know why it wouldn't boot so he called me over
After inspecting everything and rechecking his wiring and testing the power supply, changing video cards, inspecting the electronic components for broken parts from gorilla screwdriver use, I decided to check the CPU even though he said "it's not the cpu, it works in my friends identical machine and I don't have much thermal paste so don't take it off"
So fuck it I took it off and saw 7 bent pins shorting out. Took me 15 minutes to bend back to "good enough" and it booted perfectly
That was the last time I do PC help for free. 4 hours wasted

>it's another "friends or family call you over to help them with their pc for free" episode

Attached: 75d01e8f71acb1a76120665092e016e289f7a43a06ee7ffc076740f5c3fcccab.jpg (498x456, 69K)

family was poor, didnt have any old throwaway desktops, only a shitty laptop(which died on me, which is why I bought the desktop)

I had already upgraded most of the parts of my rig ar the time and knew how to build a PC when i was 14 What are you talking about?

Attached: 9fe908e.png (200x200, 40K)

With GPU prices theyre probably cheaper to buy a prebuilt

can't fucking stand retards who think they're 'computer geniuses' because they built their own pc

I'm just competent, sorry you're so mad.

Attached: we wuz computers n shit.png (470x564, 257K)

>Hururhur those GPU prices right, goyims? Darn bit-coiners!!

Shut the fuck up. GPU prices are fine right now. Queermosexual.

I built mine dumbass
if you actually knew anything about computers you'd know that you hardly need to know anything to build one
that nigger thinks he's a genius because he put together his lego set

Nigger

Why do people still build gaming PCs? When will they grow up?

>mfw always bought used prebuilts from rich kids who always needed that latest stuff because it's way cheaper than buying parts
Whatever works.

Attached: 1507566618540.png (636x657, 47K)

What's stopping me from getting a prebuilt on sale and one day upgrading storage drives, RAM, GPU?

Why is the n word allowed here???

probably an ugly case

Proprietary motherboard headers like PSU. Also if any of the front panel buttons breaks, you're fucked.

retard and out of touch alert

These PC recently have become competitive with recent pushes by Dell and especially the GPU inflation

They also include features like WiFi standard and an optical drive

Tell that whore to update and get a ryzen.

They're very lazy

I did and ended up replacing the PSU and buying a GPU on eBay. I regret it. I might as well gone for some cheap shitbox on eBay and stuck a GPU in it.

why do you ever go to a restaraunt? you could take a few weeks researching and perfecting a cuisine, and spend a few hours going marketplace to marketplace to buy every ingredient in its best form. expecting everyone to have your same skillset is peak autism.

Because they are a better deal. I an get 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4, and a 1060 and a 4GHz i7 for less than the cost of 128GB, 1TB, 8GB, i5 and a 1050

What about people who buy from places like Digital Storm , Cyberpower, Falcon Northwest et al

For customer care and guarantee.

Because if anything blows up, you’ve only got a single warranty to deal with. Also easier to account for.

To use their money

they're a better deal for now, but soon it'll swing back over to the builder's favor again, if the gpu prices continue to drop to near-msrp and ram prices get to early ddr4 levels

/bread.

Attached: prefab_vs_diy.jpg (1639x822, 128K)

HEY MORON, FUCKING MORON!.
People need to spark a brain cell and think: "HMMM.. maybe.. just maybe i could use the WORLDWIDE WEB to find the answers i need for building a pc?!??, is that shit even possible?.
ME DUM DUM DUUUUURRrrrrhh."

Attached: 1527877834112.jpg (367x367, 25K)

I recently built a new PC with a 2700x and I was a bit worried about the pins, but I aligned it properly it fell in very smoothly. I don't see how pins would get bent quickly.