NEWPIPE 0.13.6 is out with playback and UI changes!! Drop the botnet Youtube app today!

>2018
>using the official botnet Youtube app
>not using the open-source, ad-free, non-GooglePlay, audio-playing, AV-downloading, 4K, speed adjusting, superior Youtube player known as Newpipe.

>Disable burgermenu icon animation #1486
>undo delete of downloads #1472
>Download option in share menu #1498
>Added share option to long tap menu #1454
>Minimize main player on exit #1354
>Library version update and database backup fix #1510
>ExoPlayer 2.8.2 Update #1392
>Reworked the playback speed control dialog to support different step sizes for faster speed change.
>Added a toggle to fast-forward during silences in playback speed control. This should be helpful for audiobooks and certain music genres, and can bring a true seamless experience (and can break a song with lots of silences =\).
>Refactored media source resolution to allow passing metadata alongside media internally in the player, rather than doing so manually. Now we have a single source of metadata and is directly available when playback starts.
>Fixed remote playlist metadata not updating when new metadata is available when playlist fragment is opened.
>Various UI fixes: #1383, background player notification controls now always white, easier to shutdown popup player through flinging
>Use new extractor with refactored architecture for multiservice

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.13.6

Attached: 1521620962812.png (225x225, 3K)

Finally.

>not developing for iPhone
Dropped

Fixes

>Fix #1440 Broken Video Info Layout #1491
>View history fix #1497
>#1495, by updating the metadata (thumbnail, title and video count) as soon as the user access the playlist.
>#1475, by registering a view in the database when the user starts a video on external player on detail fragment.
>Fix screen timeout in case of popup mode. #1463 (Fixed #640)
>Main video player fix #1509
>[#1412] Fixed repeat mode causing player NPE when new intent is received while player activity is in background.
>Fixed minimizing player to popup does not destroy player when popup permission is not granted.

>implying apple would allow it
enjoy your cuck OS

>not on F-Droid yet
FUCK

This is why you should own an Android, niggynig

I just use the apk from the github releases. Fuck waiting

You could just sideload it.

So, where's the iOS version?

I don't need to jailbreak my womanfagphone to enjoy Newpipe.

I can just install it on my straightmalephone aka Android.

Don't need to jailbreak to sideload bro.

Can I force vp9+opus?

F-droid sucks ass and updating apps. Takes them like three days.

All you need is xcode, no jailbreaking done

pedo symbol

Attached: 1516765209328.png (349x254, 68K)

This

Note:This method only works for apps whose source code is available.

Checks and balances my pajeet friend.
That's why the AUR, playstore, applestore, windows store all have malware and f-droid doesn't.

The source is available, why don't you port it?

having to buy an expensive computer (or builing a hackintosh) and having to install an IDE to sideload an app

Attached: 1518664441407.jpg (979x1000, 163K)

Newpipe is a botnet ?

No

any reason i can't chromecast through this? I could forget i even have the youtube app if it had that. Very happy with all the other cool features though.

As usual for opens source developments, it's fucking shit.

>any reason i can't chromecast through this?
Because that would require Google libraries, maybe?

wanna go back to your botnet closed-source crap and shutup ?

Love it

Attached: Screenshot_20180721-205250_1.png (720x1237, 411K)

It's getting that as soon as they can figure out how to port Chromecasting from VLC. In the meantime you have to download and the Chromecast the video with VLC.

It's not shit. I replaced the YouTube app with it. It works perfectly. It used to crash sometimes but now it never crashes.

I use this to listen to the killstream without leaving my screen on

Attached: IMG_20180721_210022.png (720x1233, 337K)

That's fair I guess.
But three days? For an update to an app that's already approved to be up there?
I could live with one day...

>videos do not auto rotate when open
lmao, I'll stick to SkyTube

Just set it to use your external player of choice, DUMB FUCK

Attached: photostudio_1532232993351.png (1080x266, 24K)

literally works on my phone

But user, some resolutions will NOT have audio when this option is enabled.

Only if you are retarded and leave auto rotation enabled all the time.

>lmao it doesn't work that way
>you're retarded if you have it that way
???

>still can't download 1080p or 480p videos with audio
Reeeee
Based logos.

Attached: 4b1fcd97ac570ad0bc9a2e6894455df9.jpg (2160x3840, 1.62M)

Why can't comments be implemented into newpipe?
Some user explained but i forgot what he said

Exactly. It should at least have a option like NewPipe where you can choose if the video will be played horizontally by default or if it'll check your phone sensor or if it'll check if auto rotation is enabled. Having to leave auto rotation enabled or having to press some buttons is simply bad design.

Clearly what he wants is a feature request where the orientation changes as soon as you start playing the video, instead of manually changing the orientation or having auto-rotate on.

Because Newpipe dev is a codemonkey. Newpipe has comments and it is FOSS.

*Skytube

Attached: 2018_07_21_113028.png (960x540, 63K)

Bad design as I said, macaco.

What happens when google turns on EME?

Attached: 23.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

>acreANO
Cuidado com o sarampo kek

based Lorde

I forgot the reason why I switched to SkyTube but I might reinstall NewPipe again.

>PIP or background play
Fuck off with your skylube garbage

Only thing Skytube has is comments

>background play
lmao, do you listen to youtube music?
>PiP
Just use the native multitask thing

Also, enjoy having no comments.

Good feature

Attached: IMG_20180721_220339.png (720x1236, 220K)

You didn't know it was there or what?

Comments are for idiots

Attached: Screenshot_20180721-220713_1.png (720x1240, 275K)

I must be retarded. How do I play audio in the background with this? Clicking background just opens a small timeline popup that shuts off when you switch apps.

>Clicking background just opens a small timeline popup that shuts off when you switch apps.
Uh no. It opens a notification and plays audio. When you tap the notification it brings up a fullscreen player.

No. Not if you're playing downloaded audio.
What you're saying happens if you click the headphone icon

>What you're saying happens if you click the headphone icon
...which clearly says "background" under it.

You might be retarded. It doesn't work that way at all.

I got it. You have to install a non-cancerous stream application. I just used VLC and it works.

The only problem is the steam file doesn't inherit the name of the video, so the song title becomes some url code.

Use mpv

>You have to install a non-cancerous stream application
dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

>go to any youtube video
>click background
>it plays in a notification
>it keeps playing until its done

dumbass. you don't need vlc at all.

Have you ever downloaded audio?

>literally called new pipe

Attached: 3bb6e3bef8267bd3d45b3b4754de1761.jpg (300x282, 17K)

All I had was Google Play music (cancer) installed so the background audio stream opened in the pop-up player. I'd take a screenshot of what it looks like but knowing Jow Forums I'll probably get doxxed.

yes, which is different from streaming it in the background.

>All I had was Google Play music (cancer) installed so the background audio stream opened in the pop-up player.
You don't need anything to use background play. It just works. The only time I use another player is when I download 3 hour audio streams from Youtube and I play them in Voice Audiobook Player so I can play them without losing my place.

>It just works
No it doesn't. If you don't have an app that can handle audio streams it will ask you to install something and recommend VLC.

Just try uninstalling/disabling all of your music player apps and see what happens.

>If you don't have an app that can handle audio streams it will ask you to install something and recommend VLC.
What are literal fuck are you talking about, nigger? It HAS ITS OWN COMPLETE PLAYER BUILT IN. IT USES THE OPEN SOURCE EXOPLAYER FROM GOOGLE. IT EVEN SAYS SO IN THE CHANGELOG THAT THEY UPDATED IT TO ADD PITCH AND TEMPO CHANGING. IT DOESNT NEED ANOTHER PLAYER AT ALL YOU STUPID FUCK. IT HANDLES EVERYTHING ON ITS OWN UNLESS YOU EXPLICITLY TELL IT TO USE ANOTHER PLAYER OF YOUR CHOICE.

big if true

Attached: newpipescreenshot.png (1080x1920, 755K)

>app not installed
reeeeee

Your settings are fucked. Stop making it use an external player.

Attached: 1828af17ck.jpg (390x310, 28K)

I'm still using the last version (maybe this update is different) while trying to figure out what he was talking about, and he's right. If you download the audio from a vid(and maybe the vid as well), go into the downloads section, and click play it will ask you which app you want to play it with and without option of newpipe.

This was a fresh install from the link OP provided, right after I clicked on the background play button.

You seriously need to calm down son.

>If you download the audio from a vid

Are you retarded? Background play is streaming. There's no downloading involved. You're talking about two different things. Downloaded audio needs another player. Background audio just plays in the background on its own.

>I clicked on the background play button.
When I do that, Newpipe just plays the audio from the video in a notification. It doesn't need anything else. Streams play in Newpipe. Downloads just go to the folder of your choice and you play it in another player.

Yes, I know. His initial semantics were incorrect. Still stands that it's annoying you can't play videos or audio you downloaded in the app itself. So much for "HAS ITS OWN COMPLETE PLAYER BUILT IN"

>no comments
But that's the best thing

>it's annoying you can't play videos or audio you downloaded in the app itself.
It's not a local player. It's a Youtube player. You wouldn't want to use it for everything anyway because other players do local playback better.

You already have another player anyway. Let them focus on streaming Youtube. You're just asking them to construct another VLC when VLC already exists.

>other players do local playback better
Only in the sense that newpipe won't do it at all. Stock video players are always shit and VLC is bloatware. I'd rather play everything through newpipe. It's comfy.

Then Newpipe would be bloatware. It is called minimalist for a reason.

>VLC is bloatware
now you're just being ridiculous. it's fine.

just install mpv if you're this autistic.

>I'd rather play everything through newpipe
I don't see the point of this. Why download when you can stream? The only reason to download is if you have like a 3 hour+ file to listen to and you don't want to lose your place, which I play with Voice Audiobook Player or if you want to archive a video that might get taken down.

>VLC is bloatware
Yet you want Newpipe to be your local player for everything. You just made Newpipe bloatware.

Just let it focus on streaming and saving streams to your phone, assclown.

It doesn't display subscriptions in order by time REEEEEE

Attached: 1423551361359.jpg (1000x992, 70K)

But it already has its own player. There would be no bloat by simply being able to open a file in the player(I feel like this might have been possible in previous builds). I'm not asking it to improve its player I'm just saying it should be able to play local files. There's no reason it shouldn't be able to.

This spergout should apply to local files
>It HAS ITS OWN COMPLETE PLAYER BUILT IN
>IT DOESNT NEED ANOTHER PLAYER
>IT HANDLES EVERYTHING ON ITS OWN UNLESS YOU EXPLICITLY TELL IT TO USE ANOTHER PLAYER OF YOUR CHOICE

The devs have already said they want to hand off downloads to other players because they already do that better than Newpipe ever will. They are focused on improving the extractor, and having Newpipe emulate more Youtube functions.

Basically you're asking for something that already has a solution. Get a life.

Attached: MerchantMad.jpg (202x249, 30K)

Why don't they hand off the streaming video to another player as well? youtube-dl can pump the feed directly into vlc on desktop.

>Why don't they hand off the streaming video to another player as well?
they do. look in the options.

are you even using Newpipe or are you just sitting there being a faggot that criticizes shit he hasn't used?

But that's not the default. They're maintaining their own player, customizing features for it, just in this update some that have no precedence as a youtube feature, but yet I'm still the one being obtuse for suggesting it be able to be used as a local playback app.

Isn't the pedo symbol like a spiral?

But the source code is available?

>But that's not the default.
So what? Does Youtube on your browser need a video player installed on your desktop? No. Because you need to stream it right there.

Again, the point is that other players do it better already. It doesn't need to play local files. It's like wanting your browser to play local files because it plays Youtube files.

My browser can play files, though. And I'd be hard pressed not to use it if the only alternative were Android VLC. Why do you keep calling the newpipe player shit? I like it. They're clearly putting resources into improving it despite your claims otherwise - which I'm not even asking for crazy featuresets, I'm happy as it is, simply the ability to read a local file.

Why are you so upset about this? I think it's a good piece of software and would like to use it more. You're the one being a faggot.

>And I'd be hard pressed not to use it if the only alternative were Android VLC
mpv is another.

>Why do you keep calling the newpipe player shit?
It's not shit. I never said it was shit. It's good. It just not a full player. It's a backend strictly to stream videos. It's made by Google for total media playback on Android without baking it into the OS.

>Why are you so upset about this?
You're the one who is upset that he can't make Newpipe his all in one player. I use Newpipe and like 4 other different players just fine. You're being a baby faggot who wants something they can't have, nor seeks another solution.

The three iphone users on this planet apt enough to sideload applications for it are probably not interested. Would be a huge waste of time imho

>ExoPlayer is an application level media player for Android. It provides an alternative to Android’s MediaPlayer API for playing audio and video both locally and over the Internet.
>both locally and over the internet
>locally

Attached: images.png (150x150, 3K)