Computer noob here, tried using google, still don't know what to do. Help

Computer noob here, tried using google, still don't know what to do. Help

Attached: IMG_20180722_183657.jpg (3968x2976, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnUITfuuiqU
manualslib.com/manual/906998/Qdi-P4i848p.html?page=29#manual
data.energizer.com/pdfs/cr2032.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thing doesn't get past this screen. What am I supposed to check.

Attached: IMG_20180722_183947.jpg (3968x2976, 2.79M)

how about you press del to enter setup like it says to on the screen

I did, tried configuring master/slave and enable them, but nothing works.

logs?

install gentoo

Throw that desktop into the trash where it belongs.

how am I supposed to get logs? CPU Temp is 81°C, which I guess means it is fried?

if it were mine, I would

>CPU Temp is 81°C, which I guess means it is fried?
It's a Pentium 4 which means it's idle temp.

ok..

That box is only not even worth 10 minutes of your time. Buy a new one for 50$.

there are some photos on that, that I am supposed to get on another USB, if I'm able to fix it

Just wash it, some dust probably made it enter fail-safe mode

Attached: CcyUmsP.jpg (800x600, 192K)

remove the hdd an put it in another pc or better just restore them from backups.

Just take out cmos for like 10 minutes, then enter setup and set disk as boot drive. Also make sure the pins on the disk are set to master.

you dont know that. hes on Jow Forums, he could be worthless therefore anything would be worth more than his time
i think i threw away my familys first pc (also a pentium 4) like ten years ago
>Disconnect and reconnect hard drive and ssd.
>hard drive and ssd
>ssd
where did you copy and paste this from ya brainlet
did you even set it to boot?
how about you disconnect everything from those ide cables except for harddrive and set the bios to boot from that hdd and then see if it works first?

Is the motherboard making beeping sounds or flashing LEDs? These are features often added to troubleshoot specific issues.

For example, if the RAM is incompatible and preventing your machine from booting, an LED labelled RAM_ERROR will begin to flash.

1. clean
dust everywhere

2. unplug power to everything and see if it will give you a new error (OS not found or system drive not found etc)

3. disable floppy seek

Old motherboards has only equipped with beepers to debug the computer hardware.

Seems you get stuck on bios huh? Try to unplug all the output devices (webcam?,headsets?,mouse and keyboards?)

Most of the hardware inside the pc is ok.

Attached: 1523666414669.jpg (680x383, 105K)

Clean it mate

Forgot to tell you that to try to open a computer without any output device except for keyboard.

Get an external drive caddy

OP here, I'll try what you guys said in about one hour when I come home again and report result

If you're just taking data off of it take the drives out and use a Live Linux ISO to access the drive in a real computer from this decade. Use dd to make an image of the entire drive as an img file or iso. youtube.com/watch?v=DnUITfuuiqU

DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE CONTENTS OF THE ORIGINAL DRIVE. Do not mount it in read/write mode, certainly do not write to it as well.

you will have to install an operating system on your pc. try buring an ubuntu iso on a cd or a usb drive and see if it boots

I have Ubuntu on CD, but I can't even get into boot menu. Tried it already.

press DEL then set the IDE CD/DVD drive as primary boot method, reboot.

does it go into the menu when you press delete??

this is why you disconnect cd/dvd HDD and floppy to see if one of those is causing the problem

yes it goes to BIOS menu, as I already stated.. but tried everything before I made this thread already, nothing fucking worked

>DVD is in a slave port without a master
Put it in the primary slave port, you retard

Did you change the boot order?

well if it goes into the bios settings then it's likely not a problem with the bios.

un- plug hard drive

to boot again and see if it goes past the device seek screen

no?

unplug cd/dvd try again

no?
keep unplugging cables/ devices and try again.

you may have to set it to ignore keyboard errors.

Did you set the jumper pins correctly on the HDD? They have to match the desired master/slave setup, or cable select.

Attached: Ide-sata-docking-station-jumper-pins.gif (411x297, 63K)

>81°C on the bios setup
Jesus is that CPU fan even spinning?

OP here.

Okay fuckers, I hope you are ready to hear this: moms bf called some alchocolic 'expert' to fix computer and he said to both of them the computer didn't boot up, because the computers battery wasn't full up and that I should of let it be turn on for longer time so the battery would fully charge and then it would run smoithly. He took it away anyway, I just shook my head in disbelief that he even stated something as retarded as this.

Jesus fucking christ, just delete this thread I'm done. I know how to fucking write GUI apps in pyhton, but am a complete brainlet when it comes to components and fixing that shit, however this has legitimately pissed off too much.

Attached: 1531998921333.jpg (720x702, 68K)

Yeah it was.

>I know how to fucking write GUI apps in pyhton, but am a complete brainlet when it comes to components and fixing that shit

Attached: 1469806913398.png (300x293, 47K)

Remove the HDD and see if it gets past this screen

We I suppose it's too late to help now, but fuck what a retard. "The battery needs charging up".

Retard was probably referring to the CMOS battery but is unaware of the fact that lithium coin cells are not rechargeable.

>i know how to fucking write gui apps in python

Whoah this will have a special spot in my cringe compilation

Also this thread reeks of underage.
Kill yourself

Attached: green_man.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

when you get the computer back just fuckig smash the hard drive.
god knows what kind of shit he's going to put on there

Probably, but if the bios battery is out you should get some sort of message saying something about it. Should have unplugged everything non essential to start with.

I'm actually laughing right now, because the whole thing is just ridiclious. Go ahead, make the best of this retardation.

>drunk man touching delicate equipment
not once ever without fucking shit up worse than it was before.

The last PC I built for a friend I did it while shitfaced on a Friday night. Unless you're in the "can't even stand up" state, it's easy.

I wasn't home yet, when I came home I heard this shit.

He isn't the 'smart expert'. He is the drunken retard in a bar that would raise his hand, if someone were to ask around how to build a time machine.

i bet she will pay him too. xD

hes probably going through the drives right now searching for nudes to blackmail your family with

What should I do Jow Forumsentlemen when he comes back, other than asking him to show me 'which computer battery wasn' t charged enough to boot up the computer'?
Give me your best

>2004
>pentium
>slave/master
Shit is old. Get a gnu computer.

throw that shit in the garbage bin
you can buy a much better computer for $100 with used parts, or even find 90% functioning computers (in parts) when dumpster diving

When you said it doesn't go past the bios screen, does that screen stay on like that with all the writing or does it go black?

I could acces the setup menu and configure master/slave ports, also did everh other possible configuration to make it run, but as some user said, I probably should of just connected DVD drive to be primary slave or w/e. In BIOS setup I tried everything.

I would advise against it.

if hes a criminal and has like the average Jow Forums neet knowledge then he probably knows enough to ruin your families lives forever. you should probably kill him

but he probably knows less than a shitty summer kid like you so you're probably fine. kill him anyways

This is what we are dealing with, I explained it here. There aren't anybexplicit photos, just from gatherings/traveling etc.

I would have unplugged all the drives but the HDD, taken out the Graphics card and plugged the monitor into the mobo. Then try the ram in the other slot. Not that it matters but I would have set the right time in the bios (I'm triggered looking at your picture from 2004).

The 81C is very high even for a P4. You'd want to take that cooler off and apply new paste that thing sounds like it's running dry and could easy be the cause of not booting.

Maybe the HDD is just fucked, who knows.

The time and date were set on that date in BIOS.

also, tell your mom not to pay a thing

btw, why are you, underage faggot, posting in Jow Forums, and why are you making support threads in Jow Forums?

did I mention that sage goes in all fields?

This. Most likely some dirt is causing the issue

Your pic shows 08/10/2004 at the bottom, that should be todays date. If it kept going back to that them the bios battery is dead.

He's a 'friend' we won't pay anything. I lurk here sometimes when I have a coding problem or lurk in daily programming thread, since I code as well. I'm not underage.

Yes, the default date was 2004. When I set it to today, pressed F10 to save and exit, it stayed like that.

>He's a 'friend' we won't pay anything
ah, so she'll pay him with her vagina, if you know what I mean

>I lurk here sometimes when I have a coding problem or lurk in daily programming thread, since I code as well.
no wonder you are retarded. those threads are pure shit

>I'm not underage.
so you are a NEET. ok, now we know why you have such an old PC. how about you find a way to make money with your "coding" skills and buy a decent computer?

I'm actually working, just living at home to save up, until I go to college for comp sco (early 20s). It's also not my computer.

I think your pre-judgement and childish mom joke shows how mature you actually are.

cmos battery being dead shouldnt be a problem with it not saving as long as you kept the psu plugged in.
either way, with a computer hardware problem you were better off googling it but i'll give you the gist of it off the top of my head
>always check if everything is plugged in properly/tightly and turned on
>clean the mother fucking dust
>clear cmos
>if it posts, set boot settings in bios
>if it doesn't post, start pulling shit out of the computer until it does
your computer was clearly posting. im willing to bet the problem was you didn't set the jumpers correctly on the devices and didn't set it to boot properly. should have just unplugged everything after it was cleaned and plugged in the hard drive to see if it could boot from that
im also willing to bet that "the battery is dead" was not what that drunken dude said and probably some shit your parents didn't understand or explained it improperly to ya
also, don't pay him shit.
go dumpster diving and i gurantee you'll find thrown out towers wither newer hardware than whats in that computer of yours
or just pay a hundred or so dollars for one of those older used computers running at least sandybridge. there hasnt been that huge of an improvement in cpu's for a while (unless you count amd's ryzen which is showing some promise)

This guy gets it.

Fucking millennials who “can’t even” computers. I weep for the tech industry.

You should stop posting now, newfriend.

so you are unable to learn how, or even try to, to fix a shitty computer, can't google it, but you want to go to college? I bet you'll cheat your way through it
how about you buy her a new one? again, you could build a much better one for $100 or so. even a shitty intel mini-pc or NUC should be OK

>I think your pre-judgement and childish mom joke shows how mature you actually are.
welcome to Jow Forums

>implying everyone that didn't develop interest for computers and trch out of nowhere when they were young, is automatically a millenial

Okay, shall we talk about mechanical engineering maybe, mr. millenial? Or PLC programming?

I did google it and tried to fix it ob my own, before posting this thread as I stated already. You just missed those posts I guess.

unplug the hard drive and the DVD drives and boot

see if it gets past this screen. (if it does and stays black, that's good. if it does and says no bootable device or something along those lines that's also good. if it's stuck on the screen, not good)

at that point, I'd try flashing the BIOS to factory settings. you may have such a setting in your BIOS, or you may have to set jumpers (check the manual)

reset BIOS is these pins

manualslib.com/manual/906998/Qdi-P4i848p.html?page=29#manual

unplug the power cord. move the jumpers over. plug in and start PC (with drives unplugged).
you may or may not get a msg about reset BIOS. turn off PC. unplug power cord. put jumpers back to normal

replug everything.
plug hard drive ONLY. boot with that.
if nothing happens, unplug hard drive.
plug DVD only, and put a bootable disc in it. try booting with that.

>Implying mechanical engineering and PLC programming are as ubiquitous as computers

Having a basic understanding of how to fix The tech you’re using literally everyday is basic literacy. Same goes for car maintenance, fixing the flusher on your toilet and basic electric wiring.

>ribbon cables
>cut the fuck out of your hand case
donate it to a local thrift shop

You are rather playing as a pretentious faggot, than a humble understanding guy in real life aren't you?

Funny thing is that Alcoholic might be right. On old computers the Cmos battery dies out and can be revived by plugging it in for a longer period of time. This way Cmos isn't resetting the boot priority on every startup. (which shouldn't have to matter as it would cycle to cd disk anyway but its not completely retarded )

>On old computers the Cmos battery dies out and can be revived by plugging it in for a longer period of time.
lol

CR2032 batteries do actually accept charge. All batteries do, it's just not cost-effective to do so and in many cases requires "intelligent" chargers, but that's not the point. After some time on the grid your CMOS battery will last you a couple of hours to days, but there probably are mobo designs where there is no potential at the contacts where the battery is supposed to be, yet the CMOS is still powered when the CPU is plugged into the grid, so I am not making a universal claim here. All I say is that CR2032 can be recharged and that there definitely are mobo designs where it happens, incidentally or not.

>Max Rev Charge: 1 microampere
data.energizer.com/pdfs/cr2032.pdf