Where do you draw the line on piracy?

Where do you draw the line on piracy?
What DON'T YOU pirate?

Attached: photostudio_1532281164795.png (589x731, 136K)

this ad would be much more effective today than it was back in the early 2000s

yep

effective as in getting more people to pirate, sure

>What DON'T YOU pirate?
Books. Because fuck books. We have a videogames, ffs!

Music, but most of the music I listen to is already made available for cheap or even free by its author. Otherwise I try to buy a physical copy.

I would pirate all the time when i didn't have income.
now i'm disabled and pay for what i need or want.

No lines. I pirate anything and everything that warrants even the slightest interest. I don't buy everything that I pirate, that's just retarded, but I will say 99% of the physical media I own is thanks to piracy.
Don't kid yourself, if you could print 3D objects with such ease, then you would pirate them too.

Sharing is kind and shouldn't be a crime. It especially shouldn't be compared to theft on the high seas.

>What DON'T YOU pirate?
free stuff. DUH!

Literally anything kek
But if it proves worthy and worth it, I'll buy it afterwards to support the author.
>inb4 BUT THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!!!1!
It's what happened with Evidence's Weather or Not album. Downloaded it """illegally""" but liked it so much I bought it

>What DON'T YOU pirate?
Anything with sane pricing and being consumer friendly.

>What DON'T YOU pirate?
GNU+Linux

Attached: 1481970798819.png (750x1334, 136K)

>free stuff.
I ironically feel more dirty when i download free music with a donation button than when i download average commercial shit.

repeat plz - ALL SOFTWARE MUST BE FREE
chorus x2 - FEEL FREE, I DONT WANNA PAY

Generally I buy books but if I think they’re overpriced I will buy second hand ones. I’ll also buy games if I want to play MP. So none of my decisions are really moral based, just preference.

Piracy is actually capitalist in practice. I give money to the companies I support and none to the ones that I don’t

>What DON'T YOU pirate?
Software that doesn't have DRM that I can purchase on physical media, and only if it's less than $50. I also donate $20-30 to free (gratis) software projects that I like. I pirate everything else.

Attached: 1529449708797.gif (500x281, 552K)

I buy anime and games I want to have sequels, sometimes their soundtracks. Nothing else.

Attached: 1529989320718.jpg (1500x1500, 781K)

Blame the corporatism supplanting capitalism and a lack of consumer rights in regards to ownership of digital content.

Shit like humble indie bundle. I'll buy it ONCE to support the devs but pirate it if I lose the game for whatever reason.

Ever since youtube and soundcloud I no longer have a reason to pirate music. Its literally a waste of time and bandwidth. I don't mind the occasional ads.

got gimpbucks?

I agree but a lot of content comes with a usage license. When you buy an album you're buying the right to listen to the music. You are not buying the right to share it, copy it, distribute it, etc.

Its fucked up but that's how the laws of the world work.

Even in a purely capitalist society you would still get people selling licenses to content rather than exclusive right to the content itself. Contract law, bro.

So you are saying I can download whatever I want with no repercussions if we switch to communism?

Shh let me pretend it's Trump and we have a chance at fixing it so I can go to sleep. The megacorps already own my soul.

No, you don't get to have a bourgeoise toy aka an overpowered commuter under communism.

>Where do you draw the line on piracy
Well, personally I think piracy is always wrong. I would never engage in such an act. However, based on the context, I have a feeling you are not actually referring to piracy, but are instead referring to the unauthorized duplication of digital media. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with copying something. However, if I really like something and want to support the content creator, I will find a way to give them my money.

I ride a bicycle for environmental and health reasons reasons. What you described sounds better to me than what we have now.

mandatory tandem bicycling, porky

>porky
Such blatant projection. I'm chronically underweight because I burn a large number of calories regularly and have a hard time eating enough food to compensate. Is being fat really so bad that you feel the need to accuse other people of being fat to hide your own insecurity?

good thing I only download FLACs and exes then.

>purely capitalist society
>law

Attached: 4ca1.png (562x409, 108K)

I also meant this to be a joke so don't get angry.

i pirate everything, though i usually buy music and games i like in physical form later

If it's capable of being converted to 1s and 0s, I will pirate it.

Nah its all good. One of my cousins is a dyed-in-the-wool communist. I have no rage left. Plus I've been coming to this site since about 2006-ish.

That sucks. Have you ever been checked out for having an overactive thyroid? Get some blood tests, bro. Check out the Ray Peat forums and look up the root cause protocol. You want a slightly fast metabolism but you don't want it so fast that its literally impossible to put on weight.
rAlso try eating things that are rich in saturated fat. Stay away from PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acids). So yes to bacon but no to peanut or canola oil. Yes to coconut oil and GRASS-FED butter but no to margarine.

And don't think that because you're thin you can't clog your arteries. You still need to eat well.

I don't pirate butts.

I always pirate stuff. I also reverse engineer and crack software for personal use.

Antivirus :)

I wouldn't download a car.

Just you wait faggot.

Attached: pirate ASS.gif (420x236, 500K)

Does stalin gets ressurecred if i share for free enough of the goods produced by the hollywood capitalists pigs ?

Pic related is a guy fyi