Say something nice about it

Say something nice about it

I'll start
>It always puts a nice wallpaper on my login screen

Attached: Windows-10-Logo.jpg (464x261, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ab1a753-9a63-4273-8ba4-0d0748cc9ac0/folder-attributescustomization-lost-on-copy-or-move-in-windows-10-1607-anniversary-update?forum=win10itprogeneral
superuser.com/questions/1129829/folder-attributes-lost-on-copy-or-move-in-windows-10-1607-anniversary-update
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it has a Linux subsystem

>w10 ltsb
it just works
>normal w10
it's shit, nothing works and breaks by itself

Poo

>>normal w10
>it's shit, nothing works and breaks by itself
not my experience

it's super stable and installs drivers immediately.
if you have reputable hardware,
you can not go wrong with drivers.

Attached: 1510402705545.jpg (867x1084, 161K)

The only thing it has over 7 is that drivers get installed automatically.

you can uninstall it and wipe drive :^)

You can do on 7 too.

Attached: Device Installation Settings.png (640x468, 36K)

OOTB it doesn't.

>that infuriating feeling when Windows 10 overwrites your brand new driver with an older version
>the only way to stop it from happening is to stop it from ALL automatic driver updates

Default is disabled only if you disable Windows Update during the initial setup. If you let it enabled, then that option is also enabled. At least on Ultimate.
Though really you should install your drivers manually, directly from the manufacturer's website, not via WU. I think that option should be disabled.

I don't really care what YOU think is best.
I like it when you install an OS and everything just werks, which Windows 7 does not, and as I said, is an advantage of 10 over it.

makes win 7 feel like heaven

But that setting is enabled by default on 7 too.

That's not even a good thing. It's convenient, sure. But the fucking auto updates every time I turn on my computer. Having a fucking blue prompt that forces you to "Click this button to be sent to the update screen", then have to wait for that to load just to close it, so you can continue on your merry fucking day, without installing an update I don't even fucking want!

...I'm not sure if it trying to get me to upgrade the drivers, but this prompting to upgrade shit, upgrades that download themselves then shut off your computer whenever it feels like it to install them, nee to go away! My HDD with Windows10 on it is causing problems on boot too, so I might just get a reason to get rid of it! For now, the games exclusive to Win10 keep me there!

>install 7
>no lan, no 3.0 drivers, gpu fucked
>install lan driver
>still doesn't download correct drivers for everything else (chipset etc.)

>install 10
>just werks

Why are you missing the point this much? I'm not even shilling 10, and I literally just said that this is the ONE advantage it has over 7. Stop being such a pedantic whiny fag.

Worked for me.

Perhaps! some people like the auto update features. But for those of us that don't, there needs to be an off button, without having to scour the registry for ways to turn it off, only for the registry to be restored if I ever do choose to upgrade!

Why would I care about what others think? I'm going to base an opinion of something on what I want.

Just because you like an aspect about something, doesn't mean that it's good. So you don't have to care about what others think, it's just not a good thing about windows that it's all forced!

Better support for 144hz monitors
Free native mail client

Windows 10 ltsb with all the bs disabled or ripped out of it isn't bad.

I like it better than 7

Everything works for me on 7, including USB3 ports, LAN and GPU. Maybe you should learn how to use a computer.

I find I'm booting into win10 more and more and using linux less

Except for this:
social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ab1a753-9a63-4273-8ba4-0d0748cc9ac0/folder-attributescustomization-lost-on-copy-or-move-in-windows-10-1607-anniversary-update?forum=win10itprogeneral
superuser.com/questions/1129829/folder-attributes-lost-on-copy-or-move-in-windows-10-1607-anniversary-update

Attached: GIF.gif (1100x600, 751K)

Sure, it might not be good for others, but its a feature I like and find good, and as I said, I'm not going to change my mind on this because someone told me to.

It works fine after manually installing the drivers.
Is your reading comprehension really that fucking shit?
Also, as far as I know, the Windows 7 iso's from MS don't even ship with USB 3.0 drivers, so you're probably full of shit.

fluent design

>Say something nice about it
I'm sorry, but that's too much to ask.

You can either install them manually or let WU install them for you if you are a brainlet (which you are).

Inb4 femanon (male) loses his shit

Whcih part of it?

Attached: BLACKED.png (2560x1440, 1.54M)

>no lan
>l-let windows update find them!

Attached: hurr durr.jpg (274x321, 26K)

7 had the LAN driver on every computer I installed it on.

>girl here btw xD don't be mean to me >.

Well it didn't on the 5 that I installed it on :^)

Why are you quoting me dumbass?

It always worked on every PC I've installed it on.

Really shows you the MALE inferiority. Can't even quote properly on a cantonese image board, kek

>>install 10
>>just werks
This but unironically. Thank goodness windows 7 is on its last legs.

One good thing is, whenever I click on the menu button, I can start typing what I want to search for straight away without the menu being frozen for 15-30 second while the online search features.

Attached: all-lies-lies-i-tell-you.jpg (400x400, 99K)

Well, it didn't for me. Anything else to add?

I wasn't being ironic.

literally who?

Has ShareX

The search in W10 truly is a marvelous thing.

It worked for me. Always. So you don't know how to use a PC.

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>lan doesn't work ootb
>y-y-you don't know how to use a pc!
Are you really this dense? You should install a Linux distro, you'd fit right in with their mentality.

I filtered him too

Linux also works perfectly.

Didn't they fix that a while ago?

XD

...If only you could just install cinnamon!

Is it some tripfag or something? I've forced anonymity for months now.

It Just Works™

No. It's been fixed a couple of months ago in 1803, but not in LTSB.

virtual desktops are nice. Only took MS like 20 years after they became standard on Unix, congrats.

Also, that you can tell apps to use a dark theme.

On another note, Notepad is underrated. I've written quite a few Python scripts with it. It works.

n++

Or just use Sublime Text, Atom, Limetext (if that's ready yet)!

It has a surprising number of shills for it on Jow Forums. Why don't mods delete these obvious shill threads? Is MS paying the new guy? Perhaps plausibly a troll?

...I do like the new remote desktop app though.

D3D12
Dark themes

Fucking piece of shit, the precision touchpad trick for the non-supported hardware isn't working anymore.

I struggle to say something nice without thinking of drawbacks.

For example

>gee thanks, we have dark mode now -- but it's incomplete

>I like the fullscreen start menu with live tiles -- but most of the time, live tiles don't even work, their cache is broken, they're barely customisable if at all etc

>nice new Settings center, but it's so incomplete

>nice Fluent design, but it's barely completely applied anywhere (mostly in niche apps like Paint 3D)

>nice Groove music app -- too bad it has so few features and it broke the tags on half of my music collection

Ok, I'll say this: I like the native Night light mode, because I don't have to install any app to have that.

Attached: signify-bat-friendly-streetlights-2.jpg (1000x667, 63K)

It caused a massive uptick in my business since it breaks so often.

t. person who fixes computers for a living

>app

Attached: apps.png (400x400, 303K)

The best operating system created to the date.
I'm not being sarcastic.

There are still a few remaining traces of windows 2000 in it.

That's the very nicest thing I can say about that piece of shit

Its new Nightlight feature is like having a built in version of f.lux

Same shit happens to me. I have to make sure i put desktop shortcuts cuz i wont find them through the useless search function

> it always puts something nice in a login screen
i agree with this
>also seems somewhat more stable despite the 1709 and 1803 updates

POST IT

DELETE THIS NOW

Attached: reee.jpg (800x522, 29K)

wow win10 literally unusable

uhhhhh

DX12?

meme api kek

>Free native mail client
Didn't you have email before? Like GMail or something?