Is this the only way to make gui and networks in c++. i dont wanna pay $500 a month

is this the only way to make gui and networks in c++. i dont wanna pay $500 a month

Attached: cutie.jpg (250x183, 4K)

its free xD

I mean you *could* use Mono and do the same thing as the .NET Framework but cross platform

Is there anything bad about it?

I've tried to learn qt a few times but their documentation sucks. I can't get off the ground with it.

This has been my issue too

wxWidgets + boost ASIO is another option if you really need multiplatform.

it's not the only way, but it's the best way. and it's free

Just make it open source faggot

wx is amazing and it has alot of popular scene builders.

>but their documentation sucks

It's literally the best thing about it you absolute brainlet.

Attached: 1515599721593.jpg (244x206, 10K)

Qt is only free if your time and effort has no value.

You're just fucking retarded. The documentation is fuxking unparalleled.

Unparalleled mess. Previous version docs everywhere because they can't possibly stick with anything more than a version. Having everything documented is not the same as good documentation

>is this the only way to make gui and networks in c++.
literally what the fuck do you mean by "make a network" in c++?

>'is this the only way to make gui in c++'
>forgetting about the superior and easy to install for c++ directly sfml library

Good thing it's both

LGPL is free.

People include massive QT libraries in their cli /unrelated projects for convenience.

Qt is good, documentation is good and it's not hard to use.
Also I make money with my Qt based app, and I never paid for that shit, noone cares unless you make millions.

>Qt is only free if your time and effort goes into making software that isn't a botnet
Ftfy

Gpl doesn't mean that you can't sell it. You just have to distribute the source

You only need to provide Qt's source if requested. If you don't directly use Qt's code in your project you don't have to opensource it. Just use prebuilt qt binaries and and slap the link to qt website somewhere and you are fine.