Why haven't you switched to Dvorak yet?

Why haven't you switched to Dvorak yet?

Attached: MVIMG_20180722_225633.jpg (4032x2487, 2M)

because I'm used to qwerty and see no reason to change.

Attached: platelets giving (you)s.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

>ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+w, ctrl+t, ctrl+r
Ohhhh fuck
Now you should switch to colemak

because it feels unnatural and fucks up key combinations and default bindings

I switched caps lock and ctrl. Honestly that's all the change I need right now.

Attached: keyboard.jpg (5320x2296, 2.21M)

But I have, like four years ago. I still use qwerty too though on my work laptop (muh vim binds).

>used more than once every two minutes.
fast keybindings are a joke

you can meme people - they will be unable to use your phone/computer, you will also find that it is extremely easy to pickup.

>Why haven't you switched to Dvorak yet?
Bwahahahahahah.

Oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder

Because there is no fucking need

ITT: we learn that Jow Forums is no longer full of edgy pirates and is now full of conformist cucks

> in b4 carpel tunnel

Because I switched to Colemak!

It's not about how often you press them. It's about what happens when you press C-w or C-q by mistake. The rest wouldn't matter to me I guess.

Fug, I wanted to quote instead.

user it is the superior layout.

user of dvorak here. took about a month to switch and get back up to my regular thing speed. I feel and see no benefit from switching, only negatives like a computer not configured for dvorak (and that you can't add dvorak to) is hard as fuck to use. Never change from qwerty. It's here to stay.

no you are completely wrong here bro. it exists for a reason. use your noggin you complete dumb ass.

Colemak user here. Took me two months to get used to it. I don't think my speed increased significantly but I feel much comfier when typing. Ditch qwerty, it's shit.

You should have go to colemak

>carpel

We have this thread every fucking day.

Because I'm not an EOP and it's absolute shit for every other language.
I type in four languages regularly, QUERTY is more versatile.

Because is equaly bad in all of them.

t. English, Spanish, French and Dutch speaker.

Try colemak, QWERTY and dvorak put too much strain in your left pinkie.

Because I'm actually left handed so doing more typing with my left hand is probably slightly more efficient than the more equally distributed Dvorak layout.

>workman with QMK's LM() that switches to qwerty when I press ctrl

Anyone try out the norman layout?

Attached: norman_layout.png (940x359, 116K)

>I dont use qwerty anywhere else in life, like work computers

Why can you noobs only touch type one key layout?
Wrote this entire anecdote with qwerty on OP picture

just type some shit everyweek on learned layouts and you will be fine

Because there is literally no point besides being an autistic hipster faggot who uses shitty things simply because they're unpopular.

What exactly does QMK expect for the (layer,mod) values? Using (_QWERTY, KC_LCTRL) gives an error.

yeah it wasn't documented well. I found a guy asking the same thing and it expects the MOD_BIT value. ctrl is 0x01

Literally no reason to switch to colemak or dvorak from qwerty.

So it should be >LM(_QWERTY,0x01) then?

yep

We have jobs and use other computers besides ours all the time and the cognitive cost of switching isnt worth it

because I write in 5 different languages on daily basis

>falling for the home row meme
i only use my left pinky for ctrl and shift

here are the rest of them if you need.
found in tmk_core/common/action_code.h

Attached: mods.png (162x202, 4K)

Thanks m8. Though for some reason LM() just sticks to the other layer. At the moment I have different layouts on layers and switch between them using DF(layer). Not sure if it expects a persistent default layer or something.

Because I've switched to Workman.

Attached: nuh8kgdfdg211.png (2043x663, 152K)

you scared the shit out of me i am using the exact same keyboard now.

Its common to say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" It would apply in this scenario

Attached: hm.png (372x300, 35K)

Because I type other language more frequently than English and I don't see the benefit.

Attached: 106key.jpg (6000x4000, 2.48M)

my understanding is it has a default layer and "activates" another layer over it with MO(), TG(), etc.
Switching the default layer works when you want to change layouts while keeping the other layer keys. for example I switch to a qwerty layer for gaming and would like to still be able to use raise/lower

Because it's shit

/thread

>2018
>not using Malling-Hansen Writing Ball

Attached: typewriterball2-thumb-300x336-53833.jpg (300x336, 22K)

Because Colemak is superior

muscle memory doesn't work like that

I tried it and liked it, but no one else uses it and you look like a fucking retard hunting and pecking qwerty on a public/someone else's machine

>learn dvorak
>go to work
>every computer is in qwerty
Only fat neckbeard autists pick up different keyboard setups for the sake of being different

To be fair it takes like three clicks to change keyboards in W10

>completely missing the point
So I should change all the keyboards that are in my workplace?

Not him, but I can seamlessly switch between the programmer Dvorak layout and QWERTY.

at 20wpm? congratulations

Because I'm don't like to take black dicks up my ass.

Because I literally type 150 WPM on QWERTY and switching is not worth the time investment.

Also because I can't switch every keyboard I encounter because I'm not autistic.

I type at 90 WPM on Dvorak and ~85 on QWERTY. Not crazy fast but certainly above average. Not everyone is a brainlet like you user.

Is there a good layout for mobile phones? I always feel like qwerty isn't the best solutions ...

Do it faggot.

sure, I believe you

Well I use Vim Spacemacs and Vim and both are made with QWERTY in mind

On a linux machine the command to switch keyboard layouts is
>setxkbmap dvorak
>setxkbmap us
which you can alias to anything you like. On Windows, you just add the new layout and switch between them with SHIFT + CTRL, literally pressing 2 keys. Is that too much for you guys?

Yeah, that's what I want to do. Walk around aliasing people's machines. You'll understand when you're employed.

>Walk around aliasing people's machines
or just write 2 words, 15 characters:
>setxkbmap dvorak
Also, I am employed, I just work on my company-issued laptop.

Why fix what isn't broken and why be autistic about it and suggest everyone else should?

Stop pretending like you have a job. You're on fucking Jow Forums, more specifically, Jow Forums.

Because it's uncomfortable for my left hand which gets overworked typing vowels without getting much of a chance to stretch my fingers. It also fucks up keyboard shortcuts for most oldschool roguelikes.

I perfer colemak when I'm typing long texts, otherwise I still use qwerty

t. jobless

Because key placement doesn't matter. I use what I'm used to, which is QWERTY.
Stop being a pretentious moron. You belong in the trash.