Coffee makers are a technology, right? And most of us need our daily brew. My el' cheapo died

Coffee makers are a technology, right? And most of us need our daily brew. My el' cheapo died
this morning and I'm looking for something better, without going overboard. Been looking at this
Hamilton. Seems pretty solid at $49. What does Jow Forums use?

Attached: Nectar of the Gods.png (1166x686, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jeffwerner.ca/blog/2013/02/bialetti-showdown/)
ggccoffee.com/aluminum-vs-stainless-steel-moka-pot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Using a bezerra machine. Expensive, but makes really good coffee.

Attached: bezzera-bz09pm.jpg (700x700, 80K)

Don't know how I fucked up that screenshot. Here we go.

Attached: NotG2.png (1160x666, 280K)

Fuck, I wouldn't know how to use it. And I can't go expensive right now. Just need something durable.

I have a coffee maker, but nowadays I prefer a french press. It tastes better and is also cheaper. Only disadvantage is, if you want a large quantity.

>2018
>drinking coffee
Switch to tea and you won’t miss hot bean water. Hot leaf water much better.

I use a Keurig with a reusable K-Cup. It's effectively a single shot drip coffee machine, which is perfect since I only make one 12oz mug a day.

Yeah, i need a lot to fill my Stanley 2 Quart monster. I got it for half price.

Don't get one with a glass carafe. The only way to keep it warm will end up burning the brewed coffee. Get one with a metal thermal carafe. It will keep the coffee warm much longer without burning it.

>using coffee aka badamphetamine
heh

Whatever your brew method, I recommend getting a nice grinder and buying whole beans instead of pre-ground coffee.

Attached: yamsy5_4.jpg (1000x1000, 67K)

This, tastes much better.

literally brainlet
>12 cup capacity
pic related

Attached: 1426875680671.jpg (400x371, 48K)

This shit for the first coffee of the morning. It's fast and easy to use, which is important when I'm still half-asleep.

If I want more coffee later in the day I use a french press and a manual burr grinder.

Attached: 81IEdFHcYfL._SY606_.jpg (438x606, 30K)

Does anyone else find themselves drinking like one mug the entire day
Like a regular mug of coffee but you drink half then it gos cold then you sip on that cold goodness for a while
Anyone?

I agree with . A thermal carafe is the way to go.

My daily coffee is made with a a Technivorm Moccamaster. I grind with a Capresso burr grinder (which isn't great, but I think a good value). The Moccamaster is way out of your price range, OP, but I'd recommend you try to step it up to a Bonavita, something like a BV1900TS (I have one of those, too), which you can get for a little over $100 in the US. The coffee is excellent and nearly indistinguishable from the Moccamaster, which costs 2.5x as much.

Of course, if you are patient and don't drink tons of coffee, use the pour-over approach. It's super cheap and yields excellent results with just a little practice.

No matter what you do, just make sure you're buying good beans and grinding properly.

Attached: moccamaster.jpg (425x499, 35K)

No fucking way. I make two pots a day...I share them with my wife, but I'm drinking 75% of that.

It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just working on something, I might get into the zone and slowly sip on the same mug all day. So yes. But, I've got some meetings or conferences I'll burn through that same mug in 30 minutes to an hour.

coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon masterrace

I use a metal teaspoon and a china cup.
Works 100% of the time.

Just do cold brew. Stick ground coffee in a bottle of water, let it sit overnight (12-14 hours) and strain it in the morning. Its stronger and tastes better than hot brewed coffee.

my mom bought me pic related. It's nice. I like the coffee (but i am not a coffee nigger tbqh)

Attached: asdasd.jpg (1005x1500, 148K)

Did mommy buy her little snookums come coffee-waffee? Does her little champ need some java to keep his cute little eyes open after he gets tuckered out?

Yes :-)

> Haha, look at that loser who has a mother!

This but good.

Attached: images.crateandbarrel.com.jpg (625x625, 57K)

>Haha, look at that loser who is salty about his mother

Best thing ever.

I am not a loser :-(
Mom always says i am a winner

is not .

These seem all right, but it seems like they're prone to burning, and once that happens the metallic aftertaste never goes away. Is that your experience? Is there a way to properly deal with it if the metal on the inside has been discolored from burning?

is still salty as fuck about his mother, he's the type to white knight his mom even when the slight against her is indirect at best.

haha casuals!!!1

Attached: images.crateandbarrel.com.jpg (625x625, 56K)

Metal can't burn. I don't know what you are talking about. It's possible to burn the coffee in those things, but not the metal no matter how hot your stove gets. It actually takes some skill to use them correctly, you need to pull it off the heat before your water runs dry.

Yeah, yeah, I don't mean the metal has burned. But every time I come across a Moka pot that's not brand spanking new, someone has overheated it at some point, the metal is discolored, and there's a shitty metallic taste to the coffee it makes. So once that happens, is it irreversible?

It's pretty much not possible to "overheat" the inside of a moka pot from the outside. You could leave that shit on your stove all day and nothing would happen.

The only thing that's possible is if it has some shitty coating on the metal that gets affected by the heat, even then unlikely. If that were the case, you could strip the coating to the bare metal and it should be fine.

Metal can't "burn," not possible, pal.

Maybe it's corrosion.

What's more likely is the person making the coffee has no clue how to use the moka pot properly and is just burning the coffee. It's not as simple as fill it and put it on the stove. You need to listen to the water it and pull it off at the right point to avoid burning the coffee.

Not likely unless this guy is using a moka pot from the 1930s or something.

Maybe the heat could act as a catalyst to corrode the metal and whatever is used to galvanise it.

I dunno about coffee maker materials though...

Attached: 1493080371493.png (240x304, 15K)

Dude. I get that metal can't burn and already pointed that out. People use the word "burned" for coffee that hasn't technically burned, either, and no one gets confused.

I've made coffee myself, taking care not to overheat the coffee, and if the pot is one that has previously been overheated, the bad taste is still there. If it's a new pot, no problem. You might be right that there's a coating that's been damaged by the overheating.

It seems like the metal has oxidized due to the extreme heat or something.

I'm not him but
Do you really even love your mother if you wouldn't though? Aren't you just subterranean scum at that point? Not defending the only woman who gave you everything? Pretty pathetic desu

My concern is now the use of "salty" in proximity to "mother", and I can't stop thinking of whether mothers, in general, taste salty when you lick them.

>Maybe the heat could act as a catalyst to corrode the metal and whatever is used to galvanise it.
No.
>It seems like the metal has oxidized due to the extreme heat or something.
No.

Stainless steel doesn't work this way. You can't "overheat" a moka pot. The problem isn't with the pot, it's with the people making the coffee. Moka pots are deceptively simple. Using them may seem straightforward, but actually requires some degree of skill to do it properly. It's far more likely that the guy making the coffee is a retard than some weird chemical shit going on with the metal.

Hey, your mom's a fat cunt. Whatchu gonna do bout it? Come on, defend her honor, faggot.

Most Moka pots are made of aluminum, not stainless steel. Just found this post (jeffwerner.ca/blog/2013/02/bialetti-showdown/) comparing the two, and which confirms my feeling that the aluminum model leaves a metallic taste.

>It's far more likely that the guy making the coffee is a retard than some weird chemical shit going on with the metal.
What is he doing wrong then?
And what effect is it having on the pot?

Attached: 1523496155008.png (741x568, 29K)

Also here: ggccoffee.com/aluminum-vs-stainless-steel-moka-pot/

> One significant aspect of aluminum pots many people don’t like is that at high heat aluminum imparts some metallic “tastes” into the coffee produced. It’s clear the aluminum levels that leech out of the moka pot is safe for human consumption but the flavor is impacted negatively. Stainless steel will not do that.

> To combat the flavor distortion common practice is to never fully wash your aluminum moka pot with abrasives and soap. Instead immediate rinsing of the moka pot under hot water and non-abrasive cloths are best because this removes the coffee and grind from the pot but leaves the coffee oils on the metal surface to seal the pot.

>Most Moka pots are made of aluminum
Well then that's retarded as fuck. You should only buy stainless steel for cooking.

The coffee's good but those capsules are *absolutely proprietary*

>What is he doing wrong then?
He's leaving the pot on for way too long. If you can hear the water running out, it's far too late.
>And what effect is it having on the pot?
None.

>Expensive, but makes really good coffee.
That's like saying an expensive camera makes good photographs.

Then how is the water being affected then?
Why is the coffee taste being affected?

Lol I bet you're white. Go fetch your plate of tendies out the oven now and give mummy a hug

It's not the water that's being affected, its the coffee in the water that is being overbrewed. Coffee particles are absorbed into the water, but they can be "burned" by being exposed to heat for too long. The way coffee extraction works is that the different flavors are extracted at different points during the brew. From sour to bitter. So if you underbrew your coffee, it will taste sour because you didn't allow the bitter flavors time to be extracted. If you brew your coffee too long, it will become increasingly bitter to the point where it tastes "burned." Brewing coffee is literally chemistry, do some research and you will see.

It's just slang bro

>Lol I bet you're white.
Thanks for letting me know I don't need to waste time interacting with you.

You all sound like a bunch of niggers

t. somali who thinks hes arab

>drinking filthy bean sludge for an unhealthy caffeine overdose every morning that will kick your dick at 2pm
>when you could be sipping pleasantly tasting leaf water and live to be 150

I bought a Keurig machine at a yard sale for $5, cleaned out the innards with vinegar and water, and basically, I only use it to dispense hot water for tea.

GET WOKE COFFEE-CASUALS

Attached: 26A20AF9-D5DF-4F65-87E7-87861DCAE810.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>Tea nigger
No thanks. Have fun sipping on your boiled grass.

It's ok Peter. Go play with your nintendo switch, while Jamal fucks the love of your life, and then Tyrone fucks your mom ;)

Not even white you subhuman nigger.

>being insecure enough about your skin color that you have to lie about it to strangers on internet anime forum

There's nothing to be insecure about so long as you aren't a nigger.

making drinkable espresso isn't rocket science. the most critical part is having good tools. after that it's a simple flow chart that a literal monkey can follow. by your own example if a photographer were given a shitty 3.0 megapixel point and click from 2003 and a modern high end studio camera setup and told to replicate the exact same scene using both tools, then OBVIOUSLY the more superior tools would produce the superior photograph.

glass is fine if you don't OD on caffeine all day.
I only make 4 cups of coffee and drink 3 of them. The last cup is all dregs and bean dust that settled and gets thrown out.
I don't need a huge pot of coffee on all day.
It's easier to clean, too.

use an aeropress and stop being a pleb

>aeropress
>not for plebs

>niggerpress
Get out of here.

>aeropress
Yeah, it will be compatible with your anal semen pump.

You can't really get a better drip than this.
Scaa certified and everything.

Attached: 51TSts52zZL._SL1000_.jpg (664x1000, 42K)

>coffee casuals gonna casual
Enjoy your milky bean soup in a mug that gives you toxic farts and wet, elderly diarrhea within any given 48-hour window of time, while my “boiled grass” strengthens my gut and let’s me live long enough to see you die at 50 from colon cancer

Attached: 5E52DF7C-2324-459C-927A-726F2AFB8510.png (627x500, 164K)

Metal can burn, you can get it so hot the gain structure changes to be brittle and useless. Of course at that point it would have flowed over your stove top.

Don't listen to these armchair experts buddy, I know what you mean.

>Enjoy your milky bean soup in a mug that gives you toxic farts and wet, elderly diarrhea within any given 48-hour window of time
I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe if you have some sort of subhuman digestive system. Does milk fuck with you too?

I put milk in my tea sometimes. You can do that, you know. But I wouldn’t expect a nu-boomie following the footsteps of a previous terrible generation of people (who are already dropping like flies by now) to know anything worthwhile, given that your body has been permanently taken sexual hostage by coffee.

I can also see you aren’t denying my arguments, so you must be on the toilet right now shitting a lung, setting off the smoke alarms. Please shit both lungs and make my victory faster.

Attached: ACA5A504-CDA4-4B92-A3D3-3240C7B3F8F6.png (250x350, 95K)

What the fuck are you talking about, you are just making shit up for why coffee is bad. None of what you said is true.

I think he's just fucking on you for fun.

You just got baited.

You got the wrong guy.

Whoops, sorry.

Since your brain is deteriorating like Swiss cheese from the coffee crash statistically happening by now, I’ll spell it out for you:

This argument is no longer about coffee. It is now about YOU, and how pathetic you are. Seeing you offer no valid counter arguments besides “nuh-uh!” only works in my favor. I can smell you shitting your major organs inside out as your strain and cry on the toilet. The toilet is overflowing, your muscles are weak, and you dropped your phone on the undigested puddle of coffee sludge on the ground.

Drink tea. It is good for you.

Attached: 5704A800-DA82-4511-82DA-7945F3343763.jpg (1125x839, 296K)

If annoying faggots like you drink tea, it seems like a good reason to stay away from it.

you're focusing on the wrong things.

it's about the grinder & beans anons.

once you buy that, moka pot or the hamilton beach will be fine.

>Drink tea
Sorry, I'm a man.

Attached: j4d6t.jpg (460x578, 49K)

>Implying you weren't the target all along.

Whoops. Sorry, wrong guy.

>he's never had good tea

coffee is great, but damn i feel bad for you.

>He thinks he's the wrong guy, just as planned

I guess “being a man” means drinking hot bitter bean gruel and letting it wreak havoc within you until you die on the toilet.

Or maybe it’s about the commitment that makes you the “man”. Not sure why you’d commit yourself to this thing in particular, but for what it’s worth, I believe in the inalienable human right to die.

Attached: 5D45ED35-BC74-42EB-A976-5BA295F748F3.jpg (1025x692, 472K)

>I believe in the inalienable human right to die.
You should make use of it.

you have to clean it once in a while, you damn millenial

Attached: 1488734286933.png (271x299, 90K)

>You should make use of it.
I plan on it when I get so old, I get to have the ability to voluntarily choose to be tired of living.

You won’t have the right, because your death will be early, during your active refusal as you empty your rectum and HOPE it is only undigested coffee, and not blood and lungs.

There’s no need to be angry at me, user. You were brought up by frustrated parents who hated you, and a dying coffee bean industry that pretended to love you. Give tea a chance.

Attached: 07A8D7BA-C98A-4EE3-8E7F-3D973C35EB4B.gif (344x282, 172K)

>as you empty your rectum
There's your mistake. Only a rookie would expel his lungs before his body has reabsorbed them.