Is the 8700 non k worth getting if I save $160 by not getting the k model ?

Is the 8700 non k worth getting if I save $160 by not getting the k model ?

Attached: 19-117-826-Z01.jpg (640x480, 28K)

You can save even more with non-z motherboard and stock cooler. Go for it. Overclock is a meme used to sell shitty hardware.

No, get a Ryzen. The 8700K is only worth it you are into "esports" and care about the last 10 % FPS.

You posted this yesterday fuck off

2600x is pretty good value.

>Is the 8700 non k worth getting if I save $160 by not getting the k model ?
There was a time when you'd have to be crazy not to get the overclockable "K" model as Intel left so much processing performance on the table.
However, now, with turbo boost, and the fact that each iterative generation of Intel processor has less headroom for overclocking, the time for non-overclockable CPUs in gaming is pretty much here.

Go for it. Cheap out on motherboard too while you're at it. However a decent CPU cooler might be a good idea as it will help thermal dissipation which will help you have more turbo boost available.

I'm really looking forward to 8600 based business workstations being under $300 in a few years.

Ofc, OC is the biggest meme of them all

This. Running 35% hotter for 7% more performance is a meme

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

The main advantage now between Intel and Ryzen is higher clock speed with the unlocked CPU.

If you buy a locked, then where's the advantage? A cheaper Ryzen 2600X will beat or match a locked 8700

Lol no a 2600x doesnt beat a 8700 at anything

Ryzen is always a good value, the 2600 suffices for gayms, the 2700(x) is nice for rendering. Get the x if you plan to use the stock cooler.
OC is always a "meme" unless you care for the last 10 %. Also its not worth with shitty GPUs in lowend or midrange systems.

Absolutely this

OC is not always a meme you tech-less poorfags. Coffee Lake in particular overclocks extremely well and quite frankly they underclock them out of the factory during their binning process.

When you can get roughly ~20% performance increase without touching voltages, its worth it if you give a shit about your task.

Just keep in mind that it fucking throttles on stock cooler.

Ah, where are the times of cheap xeons on desktop boards?

Attached: 12562236.png (234x216, 10K)

That'll be 12,000 dollars please

If each patch shaves off a percent here and there, it adds up. No end in sight for the security flaws. Who knows what it will be like in a few years time. I wouldn't be able to purchase such a current CPU from Intel personally. AMD is not perfect on the security front, but at least their processors don't have as many holes as swiss cheese.

Did someone say.......swiss cheese

Attached: 1529191815508.jpg (600x600, 24K)

4 patches around 1-2% each... imagine 10 patches that's anywhere from 10%-20% thats a lot if you look at how it adds up. were already at 4-8% and Intel has no new architecture... 10nm process wont come till 2020... yeah its looking bad for intel. AMD is getting a new arch 2019 with 7nm process...

Version 1: approx. 5% performance reduction, Version 2 the same until what, version 20? The cpu will get slower and slower!

LITERALLY BULLDOZER PERFORMANCE IN THE FUTURE AHAHAHAHAHAH

Lol imagine being so insecure about a purchase that you actually think this

I wonder how long until they make a new arch, probably saving it for 10nm as once they make a new arch they lose their clock speed advantage. It's been years since they made a new arch.

NOOOOO

Attached: 1502488836418.jpg (267x297, 24K)

Stock coolers don't matter!

NOOOOOOOO THE AMD CHADS ARE WINNING

Sure, neither the horse semen under the IHS

How many vulnerabilities do Intel CPUs have now? I've lost count. They might as well just shipped us CPUs with bullet holes in them ffs.

Security doesn't matter either

The people that still choose Intel: - People who don't know better - People in denial - People who can't accept change - People who hate that "something" whatever regardless