You DO know the "inner speech" study that started all this was a crock of shit, right? As in...

you DO know the "inner speech" study that started all this was a crock of shit, right? As in, it's an abject failure of logic and critical thinking to pull out the result that everyone has been running with

I won't bitch about the npc meme because there wouldn't be any point, it's obviously caught on big and will run its course

I just want to make sure that you're aware that the study was just giving a few people pagers, buzzing them ~10 random times, and asking them to report what was going on in their head at that exact time. Give that testing scheme a good hard think and tell me if you can extract the results that lead to thr headlines and thread titles you've seen.

Attached: IMG_3717.jpg (359x435, 39K)

cunt

Attached: 1528325034165.jpg (700x1041, 167K)

back in your cuckshed sven

Define random times and define exact time

>you DO know the "inner speech" study that started all this
lol that's not what started it, silly npc.

>no_fun.jpg

Have your (You) faggot.

I don't remember the study itself being flawed though I remember people complaining it was poorly designed. The objection I found more credible was that inner monologue is not a criteria for consciousness. Gross picture btw.

You're making the very NPC mistake of assuming any of this is actually based off of a study. Bullshit studies are what NPCs refer to to justify niggers behaving badly and the like.

Why do niggers rape so much?

t. NPC

i don't know how they randomized the timing and really can't be bothered to look it up, but how exactly is that relevant? the sample group size, number of samples taken, and self-reporting method are what matter in terms of the "meaning" everyone has been pulling from the results

Anybody have that nigger screenshot from reddit about the nigger that didn't figure out how to have inner dialogue til he in his 20s or 30s

you DO know frogs don't actually look like this

Attached: awd.png (1280x1280, 431K)

the inner speech study is LITERALLY what kicked off the npc meme, how fucking new are you?

like i said, i'm not trying to kill the meme or something, just want to (((correct the record)))

more so reinvigorated it. Its been here for a few years, /x/ stuff from what I recall

It doesn't matter. Now, we can use a short term for philosophical zombies without it being psy-oped yet. Go an hero right now.

>people have never referred to others as brainless automatons before this, ever.
ok kid, redditor, bot, shill, sjw

This is what legit autism looks like.

absolutely bullshit, i've been here since late 2006 and it started with that stupid study
yeah because that's the same thing

does since4pass not work any more or something

>yeah because that's the same thing
It is. Are those compliments to you? If so, I've got some news for you, quest-giver..

Attached: 1539446294368.png (680x550, 95K)

> i've been here since late 2006 and it started with that stupid study
you know it's possible to miss things? It wasn't super big, but you can see it previously.

npc is the same thing as "sheeple," but that's not the meme. the current state of ~25% of all threads in the catalog being the meme started with the study headlines, and don't play retarded by acting like that's not the case.

op got his feelings hurt, just figured out internal dialogue, and is now searching for closure to rationalize his wasted life. Kek

>self-reporting
how else would it work brainlet?

I used to use it earlier on, not with the npc picture, but it definitely existed.

It's just a new skin to an old idea. You can palette swap memes all day, it doesnt create new ones.

not going to split hairs with you, zoom out: you're saying 10 random pings each to 30 people and asking them what's going on in their head can be extrapolated to "75% of the population never experiences inner speech"?

That's exactly what an NPC would say.

Its an old concept given a new term that resonates with people. All good memes expose deep truths and concepts in ways even a brainlet can digest.

Attached: p0uwjgo51no11.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

>you DO know the "inner speech" study that started all this was a crock of shit, right?
sounds like something an NPC would be scripted to say

Attached: product-section-05.jpg (1920x780, 230K)

same category of propaganda as the NPC meme, so I'll repost my thoughts on that from another thread.

the NPC meme is a good example of what I'll call a psychosocial "atomization" strategy, for lack of a better word. it takes advantage of
the social insecurities that most people living in modern society have. they do not want to be called NPCs because it obviously implies they can be replaced, that they are like everyone else and possess no remarkable traits.
this direct, explicit cue reinforces their desire for a sense of individuality and identity. this, somewhat paradoxically, makes them vulnerable to implicit and indirect messages. finding your own identity is hard, but mass media conveniently provides a set of archetypes you can base your personality around. the desire for individuality is at odds with the desire to be part of something greater and have the protection of a group.

The NPC ''meme'' has nothing to do with the inner speech study.
Fuck off, NPC.

it's very much the same, in fact.

that's why the NPC meme took off that hard
the one pushing it are NPC too but they don't want to be one so hard that they go with the idea without questioning the foundation of their thought

Attached: 1537580920791.gif (330x225, 840K)

it's blown up because people where that study was spammed THINK there's now a scientific basis for "i'm the only real person here, look at all these mindless sheeple," so they took that and ran with it.

Nobody believes in the inner speech study. They're just claiming they do because it generates easy keks from dumb faggots like you.

The NPC meme was there before that story but yeah I did notice an increase from it after that story. I personally didn't even bother to read it because I thought it was bullshit pseudoscience. We're at the point where the reason the meme is so popular is because its making a lot of annoying people unusually more upset than normal.

Attached: 1531962155763m.jpg (1024x765, 64K)

>the one pushing it are NPC too
>NPC too
Speak for yourself, NPC.

Attached: thisfuckinguy.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

There is no point in the study where there is any mention of people being NPCs. People were calling eachother NPCs for years

When the study was posted, the usual people who call people NPCs went ''oh shit, this is what I've been talking about'' and it got people mad. The people getting mad started getting mocked and someone posted an NPC Wojak. That's the full story.
The fucking study had nothing to do with it, the study just got some NPCs mad because they never read the study and assumed the study was making fun of their tiny NPC brains.

The “NPC” meme has nothing to do with an inner voice or pictures or feelings as such, but rather what and how those things are comprised. It’s about Kaczynskian over-socialization of the inner-world, in modern society.

same type of propaganda.

Listen nigger, have you ever been talking to people and noticed how easy it was convincing them when telling them what they want to hear then putting your twist on it? I think I might be part Jewish but most people seem incredibly easy to persuade. Why do you think stupid things get popular, why do you think society accepts things that will inherently destroy it? It's because most people lack critical thinking, there is a mental hierarchy in our species, accept it.

It's blown up because NPCs got hyper defensive over not having internal monologues. Even if the study is bunk, it caused the non humans to reveal themselves.

>Kaczynskian over-socialization of the inner-world, in modern society.
Man, I got to re-read this because I didn't quite get it.

>Listen nigger, have you ever been talking to people and noticed how easy it was convincing them when telling them what they want to hear then putting your twist on it?

not op, but I haven't. i'm not a very persuasive speaker.

OP is an NPC who will deny this because ''uh the study that was posted here a week ago wasn't good!!!!''

NPC meme is used for everyone who is not a right-wing
Even though inner speech made NPC meme first a thing, it does not make someone NPC if you lack of inner speech, just dumber
It's strawman for everyone who is still mainstream liberal and Jews are behind it to divide society even more
It could have been a great meme if people were just not using it as a strawman for every argument
NPCs ruined everything

Incorrect. It grew because it proved effective against people. There was such an abnormally adverse reaction to the NPC meme that it became an instant success as a grief tactic. The fact that it actually deals with topics such as epistemology and the nature of thought, reason, logic, and will only serve to give it legs. The NPC is an incredibly powerful symbol, and that is the foundation of all great memes.

a huge amount of advertizing takes advantage of both -- "you'll be unique and cool, but you'll still fit in."

the fact is that humans are tribal and social and will tend to do things that they notice others do, but can and will jump groups for these movements. So while your view of an individual may show them as chaotic and acting of free will, you'll zoom out to look at population behaviors and see big, whirling currents of similar behavior, like particles in a stream. Couple that with the fact that yeah, there are lots of really fucking stupid people in the FIRST world, not even counting third world insects, and yeah, it's going to be really easy to fall into the trap of thinking that most people are just brainless drones.

Attached: IMG_3552.jpg (225x225, 28K)

You are a NPC
NPCs love to circlejerk

t. NPC

Just try telling people things they want to hear then start pulling them away from it, towards truth, let them think for themselves while you begin to push your information at them.

"The truth is like a lion, set it free and it will defend itself" - Nasim Aghdam

The real reason it blew up is because someone attached a face to it. The NPC ''meme'' is older than Jow Forums. It never had a face until someone made a Wojak, and it instantly blew up.

Attached: 0VXuPse.png (912x869, 184K)

you see when your only argument devolve to naming somone a derogatory name who doesn possess a proper definition you're exactly doing what you reproach the NPC to do
you are an npc
or you just want to believe the idea so hard to feel special for once and part of something bigger than you

The NPC meme is old, it just got popularized with the study user.

get me an absolute timestamp on that post and i'll start to believe you. still doesn't mean the study (and subsequent wojak) isn't the reason for the recent explosion.

Nah, you just consider everyone who is not socially rejective an NPC, because you are self-centered and want to be accepted by other people
Only NPCs really are the people who only have duty and no personal needs

Attached: bfd873e11fb4b52953e03470330d8e40.jpg (600x900, 120K)

>Implying all studies in the field of Psychology aren’t dubious and subjective at best

Attached: EC6C56B3-3950-4573-A1A0-93B90B787901.jpg (500x486, 42K)

i'm beginning to be on that page, need an absolute timestamp on the post in though

You're not even making sense, you retarded leaf. You aren't even asking people what they mean by ''NPC'' and you're strawmanning them.
For all you know I mean ''someone who acts like a video game NPC'' when I call someone an NPC, instead you construct some retarded strawman about me wanting to believe I am special and part of something bigger.
What the fuck do you think we are talking about here? Do you seriously think I think I am Neo from Matrix and NPCs are literal NPCs? Are you fucking retarded?

Try asking what someone thinks before you strawman them.

This post is 2015+
They talk about Trump

I don't care what you believe in. You're fucking retarded. Absolutely no one is talking about that stupid study. You might be the last retard on Jow Forums still talking about it.

The study was shilled here two weeks ago or something
Something like 20 threads about inner speech

i don't know if it can be called advertising. most people would never realize the intent. if you can recognize advertising for what it is, then it's relatively benign. you understand that it's not an objective source and take it with a grain of salt. to the average person, the NPC meme has nothing to do with video games, politics, facebook, etc.

No one cares and OP is the last person talking about it. None of the threads about NPCs up right now make any mention of a stupid debunked study that has nothing to do with the old NPC meme or makes any mention of NPCs.

>You aren't even asking people what they mean by ''NPC'' and you're strawmanning them.
you mean everyone have his definition of the word and one should ask before assuming what the buzzword mean ? And i am the one making no sense ?
you sound young and you sound like someone who want to believe
there's better cause than this one
there's only one reason why this meme is pushed that hard because (((someone))) need the population divided and polarized to the point where no dialogs is possible anymore
i do think that history will remember both camp as the same
useful idiot,sheeple,npc call it what you want

>I won't bitch about the npc meme because there wouldn't be any point, it's obviously caught on big and will run its course
literally bitching about it.
you're not going to be able to control the narrative on this one, fag. it's too late.

>Just try telling people things they want to hear then start pulling them away from it,

seems a little obvious

You sound like a faggot, which you are.
If you want to see what makes dialogue impossible, look in the mirror and then kill yourself.

You've made a strawman where everyone who uses terms you don't like thinks they're Neo from Matrix, and instead of talking to them you sperg out and go on rants about how jews caused you to be a retarded sperg who divides people and refuses to talk like a normal human being.

imagine being this assblasted and retarded. lmao

no, don't think i haven't noticed that nobody is talking about it; that's why i was motivated to make this thread -- half the catalog is brainless npc shit, and it absolutely blew up because of the study. the op is a PSA to remind people how they got to where they are.

Yet most people don't have the brain capacity to pull it off.

Whatever, most people have conceptualised NPC based on that study

*beep boop*
DOES NOT COMPUTE
*wrrrrrrrktzz*
WARNING, WARNING, SYSTEM OVERHEATING
*pop sizzle*
SHUTing dooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww...
*tzzt*

>don't assume the definition of my buzzword REEEEEEEEE
you sound like a SJW with a stupider cause
>You've made a strawman where everyone who uses terms you don't like thinks they're Neo from Matrix, and instead of talking to them you sperg out and go on rants about how jews caused you to be a retarded sperg who divides people and refuses to talk like a normal human being.
i don't even understand the point you try to make but whatever you sound more and more disconnected you should calm down buddy anger is bad for the health

Maybe try reading the NPC threads, you stupid faggot. None of them are talking about an unrelated ''study.'' The vast majority of those threads are twitter threads where people talk about how to fuck with liberals on twitter.

You trying to debunk that study has nothing to do with the NPC meme. Go debunk it on your blog while all the grown-ups here continue doing what they like doing.

i simply prefer not to. i don't like talking to people as if they're stupid.

I can't believe people saved this as something worth repeating. It's literally some socially awkward fuck nugget unable to read humans, the right time and place to talk about things getting shown politely how inept his dumbass is at dealing with other human beings with this place being an outlet he can find justification for why other people are bad and he good. I don't even know why there needs to be a justification for the NPC meme at this point people get butthurt without one.

>

Attached: A310E87E-4647-4DD9-BA4B-61226C18A49F.png (755x1742, 186K)

it's tough to differentiate between people who are appreciating it for what it is (just "sheeple" with a wojak) and people who actually think they've uncovered some glitch in the matrix

There doesn't need to be a justification, but we also don't need a bunch of severely autistic people trying to EPIC OWN people who post memes by trying to debunk retarded unrelated studies.
Just notice how how the retard went from ''the meme is bad because stupid study wasn't good'' to ''NPC meme is bad because people think they uncovered a glitch in the matrix.''

These retards can't wrap their head around the idea that someone might just be making fun of normies and calling them NPCs because they act like NPCs.

Wrong. I've asked multiple people about this and there are a lot of people that have no inner monologue. It was both surprising and rather frightening.

Attached: 1523355403461.png (680x352, 359K)

This guys defense is that the people in the study must have been lying. As we cannot scientifically prove if they were lying or not, Which is stupid because they had no reason to lie, as they were being asked questions that were neither good or bad. No stigma attached, as opposed to asking someone if they are virgin. No one has attacked the validity of the study. Also, we have tons of evidence from previous physiologists who have written about this phenomenon, but never did their own studies to find just how common or uncommon it was. We also have anecdotal evidence from other people that have posted here, reddit, and multiple other online sites saying they only think with emotion as well. Regardless of all this, even if the study was inaccurate,(Which no one but you is debating) the sample size is irrelevant. The main thing to take away from this is that people like this DO exist.
>Can't scientifically prove which people have no inner monologue because self-reporting is flawed
You're saying every psychological study that relies on human feedback is invalid.

So people really do hear voices in their heads! That explains a lot. The only peace and quiet I ever find is inside my own head. With even that invaded by voices it explains why all you fags are so batshit crazy.

Only an idiot wouldn't want to be responsible for getting tons of people on their side of everything.

you DO know the "inner speech" study that started all this was a crock of shit, right? As in, it's an abject failure of logic and critical thinking to pull out the result that everyone has been running with

I won't bitch about the npc meme because there wouldn't be any point, it's obviously caught on big and will run its course

I just want to make sure that you're aware that the study was just giving a few people pagers, buzzing them ~10 random times, and asking them to report what was going on in their head at that exact time. Give that testing scheme a good hard think and tell me if you can extract the results that lead to thr headlines and thread titles you've seen.

Attached: 1539264273186(1).png (374x229, 29K)

I think the meme triggered a bit of self-awareness among the people who often tout solipsist or "the universe is a simulation" type rhetoric, like maybe they never considered that they themselves might be filler material.

Typical NPC response, all the worlds greatest inventors, scientists, and leaders have talked about an inner train of thought.

my position is and was:
if you're using the npc meme because you think that study uncovered a chunk of the population that are thoughtless drones, you're a retard and should be aware of what you're doing. (And yes, based on the way the meme blew up after the study, it's a reasonable assumption to make that some posters think that way.)

if you're conscientiously running with a meme because it gets people fucking rustled and pisses off twitter administration, godspeed and have fun

your newfag is showing insane just stfu at this point people have been polite with you but you're a fucking deranged crazy ass mentally ill mofo if you don't get it
yes the meme issued of a thread about the fucking study the study itself was discussed before the fucking meme took off you could know cause you're an obviously whoring under age newfag cocksucker
there is no we here
and you think you are way more clever then you are in reality
close your fucking internet and open a book asap before you're a lost cause

How do you form sentences without an inner voice? Do you just type out whatever the robot in your head commands you to without any sort of analysis?

i don't really want people on my side if they can't de-program themselves without a condescending psychological massage.

>yes the meme issued of a thread about the fucking study the study
False
Stop posting, newfag :^)

>I take what's a " philosophical zombie" for 500 Alex

Attached: lemmings.jpg (1152x648, 130K)

if(man.offended == offended. TRUE)
Run == DamageControl.exe

Attached: 1539616150443.jpg (220x229, 19K)

There's literally no point. Retards are just going to spam the same shit at you. I know it's frustrating from a factual point of view, but just try to enjoy it from an ironic stance. At least it makes the media and activist types angry.

You should read the article that sparked the meme to become widespread, that way you'll look like you know what you're talking about.