What was the most annoying situation you ever had related to technology?

What was the most annoying situation you ever had related to technology?

Attached: stupid.jpg (480x380, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaks.com/windows/40135/install-any-edition-of-windows-7-from-any-windows-7-dvd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anything related to mediacom and their relentless attempts to jew you out of money

this imageboard

when i just wanted to play computer but dad decided that wasnt going to happen

Thought I fucked up my dual boot installation and tried everything to fix it. It was actually some stupid SNSV BIOS setting inexplicably fucking up GRUB.

impossible captcha

Attached: plz no.gif (350x350, 1.67M)

everything involving the government and filling forms

also printing. god i hate printers

I failed four captchas in the past

Had a Windows 7 install CD that would only install Professional despite giving me the option to choose Home Premium. Had to download another ISO overnight with my shitty dial-up internet.

The blaster worm. As the family IT guy, it was never ending.

Having to use a Mac during internship (I relate with the picture)

This thread

I had to put up with OSX's shit tier window management once.

mediatek everywhere

the situation continues to exist

So you're retarded?

I was building my first desktop computer and I had assembled it just fine but was getting a weird beeping error from the motherboard on power up. It wouldn't display anything and often times the error would be different every time.
After like a week of trying to resolve the different issues it was telling me I had an idea to replace the cmos battery.
Well that did it, and it was so relieving after a week of bullshit.

Proprietary wifi drivers

Developing a cross-platform c++ application. It's just a clusterfuck of shitty libraries

>was
IS.
Working in technology business with people who had no idea of what they are doing like me posting this right now.

It's the most annoying but satisfying at the same time.

This, nothing in my adult life has come close

if it was a multi iso (actually contained the information to install different OS's) you literally have to delete one file from the root directory of the ISO that tells it was OS it should install

tweaks.com/windows/40135/install-any-edition-of-windows-7-from-any-windows-7-dvd/

>20,000 lines of code
>Mostly uncommented
>Totally undocumented
>In some archaic language
>Everyone involved in it's development has left
>All needs to be rewritten

Legacy code fucking sucks.

In what language was it and what language did you rewrite it in?
What did the code do?

idiots from the architect's office who installed Wordperfect on all their computers, despite all our other machines running Microsoft Word. then they couldn't install a driver for a laser printer and i had to work out how to do it. got it running in the end but, wow, fuck that shit.

i know that feel

Attached: captchar.png (405x630, 231K)

VB6 to C#.
>What did the code do?
What didn't it do, it was responsible for moving data around. Which really doesn't sound too hard, but the way it's written is fucking tangled mess. For instance there's one process that takes data from SQL Server then produces a CSV, simple right? Nope, it makes like half a dozen different function calls. One of those functions it calls literally doesn't do anything.

It's not just that but the way the system is architectured is fucking crazy. Live the level of integration some of these processes have with the databases they're supposed to be working with is just incredible.

Do they want you to be experienced at to rewrite the old code or can you just figure things out with your general programming knowledge and google?
I never see anyone discuss visual basic now and I doubt a noteworthy amount of people learn it these days

>Do they want you to be experienced at
Nope, literally just work it out as you go along. I was originally hired to do Python.

> I doubt a noteworthy amount of people learn it these days
That's their big issue. They've noticed that most of the people who were experienced in VB have either left entirely or have moved onto management. Most of the young devs coming in don't use VB.net let alone VB6. So upper management have suddenly dumped this uplift on me and one other person and expect it to be done in 9 months. We managed to talk them out of that and get a whole year instead....yay. A whole year to learn a language, understand the current workflows, understand how it all fits together, then redesign it, rewrite it, and finally test it.

i had to go "outside" to buy a new hard drive