Why haven't you learned how to touch type on a Colemak keyboard yet, user?

Why haven't you learned how to touch type on a Colemak keyboard yet, user?

Attached: Colemak_fingers[1].png (730x243, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

colemak.com/FAQ
wiki.neo-layout.org/wiki/Grafiken
colemak.com/Learn
mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because I don't suck cock for a living

it fucks up the vim movement controls and i can't deal

List three (3) valid reasons about why you use Colemak.

Would require retraining my muscle memory which is too much work for a few autism points

here are three (3) reasons:

>Ergonomic and comfortable – Your fingers on QWERTY move 2.2x more than on Colemak. QWERTY has 16x more same hand row jumping than Colemak. There are 35x more words you can type using only the home row on Colemak.
>Easy to learn – Allows easy transition from QWERTY. Only 2 keys move between hands. Many common shortcuts (including Ctrl+Z/X/C/V) remain the same. Typing lessons available.
>Fast – Most of the typing is done on the strongest and fastest fingers. Low same-finger ratio.

Any more silly questions you have will be answered here: colemak.com/FAQ

I'm used to typing the QWERTY format and nothing else.

Why use colemak when maltron keyboards exist? Surely you aren't poorfags, Jow Forums?

I can already type at 120wpm on qwerty I'm typing at the speed of thought already nigga there is no point.

Dvorak is better
/thard

Attached: 1500174567456.jpg (358x381, 37K)

Because Workman is superior

Dvorak hand alternation > Colemak finger rolls.

Retaining some qwerty placements in the name of some vague sense of compatibility is also retarded.

I did, then after a year I switched layouts yet again because apparently I'm a spastic who's more interested in trying a million different flavor-of the-month options than settling down and letting my typing speed fully recover.

I dont know for english, but for latin languages it sucks hard.

You need something else to focus in. Try to learn something new or join an ooen source project or whatever.

No it isn't

Obviously I have. Don't tell me there are actually retards on this board who haven't switched yet!

Attached: joker_drinks_ocean_water_by_mollyhaleismyfriend-dc9jhin.png (600x599, 355K)

You shouldn't be typing in anything other than God's language

Fuck off friendzoned incel

What's the best way to learn this and does learning it fuck up QWERTY for you?

I'm thinking of that Youtube fag trying to learn to ride a carnival prank bicycle with the steering reversed and after it finally "clicked" he found himself utterly unable to ride a normal bike.

Currently one handed typing on qwerty

Fight me faggot

Attached: 1359857298149.png (300x291, 87K)

But OP, I switched in 2015!

I use QWERTY since I'm 5 years old, I don't think I can change all of this mental structure from scratch. Also, I never disliked to move my fingers around the keyboard; it's like doing a physical exercise.

You type pretty well for a 5 year old

But I like to move my hand really fast and the keyboard goes like klaklaklaklak and I feel like a computer genius.

Because workman is superior.

Because my first language isn't English and Colemak isn't optimized for it.
Qwerty wins because is standard.

> implying he doesn't customize his layout to his needs

it's quite simple to edit the XOrg file that defines a keyboard layout, or even roll your own. I'm using my own dvp-eu variation of the dvorak programmer layout. I have "àòùì" on the third level of the home row (left side), "áóéúí" as fourth level and "ÀÒÈÙÌ" + "ÁÓÉÚÍ" as third and fourth level with caps. Plus, I have added some greek letter such as αμρλπτσ and other letter (ñβ). It's not finished yet, but it was funny, and now I have the best comfy keyboard

The same should be possible with a colemak by the way

I don't know, but for my first language (italian) the dvorak ootb is quite comfortable and definitely better than querty. See my other comment
customization is a thing even for keyboards.

> muh dvorak
This was a thread about colemak, but dvorak is better anyway

>Layout so great that a modification that reorders buttons (Mod-DH) is more popular and objectively better to use.

I'll stick with workman.

Attached: nuh8kgdfdg211.png (2043x663, 152K)

>You shouldn't be typing in anything other than God's language
Hebrew?

Italian words end with vowels, so you'll hit space with your right thumb 99% of the time, and this is unbalanced.
Plus, I rely on quick glances for fast typing, so, changing the layout isn't just a mere conf file, but I have to move the physical keys too.

Forse dovremo inventare una tastiera ottimizzata per gli italiani; così shitpostiamo su diochan al doppio della velocità.

There was absolutely no statistical analysis or any application of the scientific method at all behind its design. The layout basically amounts to what one random guy thought looked good. I'll admit it's better than purposefully keeping the most commonly used keys as far apart as possible to avoid typewriter jams, and putting the letters necessary to spell "typewriter" on the top row for demonstration purposes, but not by much.

Attached: crushed.png (210x379, 49K)

Indeed, for the italian language the dvorak isn't as balaced as it is with english, but isn't as bad as the italian qwerty. Hell, even the us qwerty is better for italian than the italian one.

> Forse dovremo inventare una tastiera ottimizzata per gli italiani
Decisamente! Controllare le sequenze di lettere più usate e cercare di mettere il tutto insieme per avere una tastiera bilanciata! Mi sa che ci proverò a tempo perso

Miss me with this gay shit, OP.

Se ti va metti i risultati su diochan in /tecnologia/, tanto praticamente non ci posta nessuno lì.

What if I'm a translator?

Because i use a far superior layout :^)
wiki.neo-layout.org/wiki/Grafiken

Attached: neo-druckvorlage.png (1000x355, 132K)

it literally spells asht right at you.

colemak.com/Learn

Didn't someone make an improved colemak?

Attached: kanna.jpg (400x282, 24K)

because you can't type ä, ö and ü on colemak without alt-codes.

so stupid it hurts... it's like wanting to become lefty when playing guitar

you guys have clearly never worked, amirite?

This made me consider. I'll look more into it when I get home. Thanks user.

fake & gay

Attached: 1511044951344.jpg (408x408, 122K)

Because I don't have autism.

I went straight to the superior layout: carpalx.

mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/

QGMLWB master race. Not even joking.

Becuase there is no reason for me to not touch type in QWERTY keyboard.