It really feels like "Culture" died in 2012...

It really feels like "Culture" died in 2012. I can't think of a single interesting moment that has happened in the last 6 years. I am rewatching old Howard stern interviews and am just filled with nostalgia it seems everyone collectively can point to this past 6 years being the worst years usually it's the older generation whining about how good things used to be but this time around it's everyone saying things are shit now

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Let me guess, mid twenties? This happens to everyone

>I can't think of a single interesting moment that has happened in the last 6 years.
Uhhh... a reality tv star getting elected president?

Attached: hipster-lincoln.jpg (375x474, 47K)

I agree to be honest culture is awful now

bababooey

Anything else ? Anything at all ?

>I can't think of a single interesting moment that has happened in the last 6 years.
Trump getting elected bro

The most important thing in the century

You're just depressed. Just know that some people thought there weren't any interesting in the past 6 years back in 2012 and crawl back to your hole.

Attached: orson.jpg (500x616, 51K)

Wait till you're old enough to be nostalgic for your late teens to late twenties

He said "important" not "positive".

youre wrong, it died on september 11th, 2001

I somewhat agree with you, but watching old Craig Ferguson clips online and listening to Earwolf podcasts helps me feel better.

I’m really scared the election is going to impact the podcasts in some way, I haven’t gotten to 2016 yet in most of the shows I’m going through but hopefully they don’t have comedians acting as trump or anything.

>culture
>citing howard stern
brainlet detected.

STOP

embarrassing post

Culture ended in 2007 after the release of Crank That (Soulja Boy)

at least the memes are better now. none of that rage comic stuff :>)

>this is how all the elderly feel
>imagine growing up in the 40s-50s when radio was only form of electronic entertainment
>imagine reaction to 60s hippies and free love movement compared to idea of "man provides and works, woman raises children and keeps the home"
>imagine seeing T.V. changing presidential elections by influencing people to vote based on appearance rather that substance of speeches

Every generation has a nostalgia for their youth.

In 10 years, zoomers will look back on 2010-2020s and think it was an epoch... a height of culture.
By then, everyone will probably have VR headsets and not interacting IRL anymore (not even for school). AI, machine learning, and robotic automation will have replaced 45% of the workforce leaving no work opportunities for the next generation.

Condescending boomer

>September 11th, 2001
>optimistic culture dies

>iphones enter marketplace on June 29, 2007
>remaining culture becomes infected with cancer

>Disney buys Lucasfilm on Oct 30, 2012
>culture officially dies

>2012

I think you mean 2007.

60s culture was pure cancer except for some decent music and movies. 70s culture was slightly better with a lot of good music and quality movies. 80s was cocaine corporate cancer and a continuation of the systemic destruction of the nuclear family and the middle class... music was ok and movies were solid. 90s was the optimistic era colored by race relation issues (which never went away during those prior decades) but it seemed like maybe shit was starting to stabilize. Not a fan of the grunge movement or shit-hop but these genres are light years ahead of what plays on radios now. 90s movies were the last decade that retained some heart and soul. 2000+ a further slip into the abyss

>Howard Stern
>culture

Americans, everyone

Traditional culture did kind of die, I think mumble rapping was a evolution and I feel like a lot more white people listen to awesome metal like Behemoth is a good sign there is some taste out there.

Movies are just not as good because TV is so much better and streaming services are straining talent too thin.

The traditional arts like opera are still out there. As far as pop culture, that shit is all online now, memes ARE our pop culture now.

>All this reddit spacing

Attached: 465679809.png (320x490, 126K)