What do you do if you can't sleep?

What do you do if you can't sleep?

Attached: 368511463_443b3b3b54.jpg (500x334, 91K)

anything but try to sleep

Stay awake.

while(1) { sleep(1); }

go for a jog

melatonin

wack it

I go to sleep anyway and I avoid fucking up my melatonin chemistry.

how do you wake up from this

Masturbate or watch youtube videos til i fall alseep

can't wake up

Drink, cry, repeat until sleep

SAAVE MEEE

I got a girlfriend recently and I finally get good sleep.

Read a book. No computer. Sometimes I go outside until I get cold, and then I fall asleep. Also remove all sources of light in your room, especially blue shit.

Wear blue light blocking glasses if you must use your computer prior to sleep.

Take a nap

Fucking nightmare. If you only sleep for 1s over and over again, you have no chance for REM sleep, which means your body would kernel panic and exit the program.

Attached: hank_hill_fist_of_the_north_star.jpg (1200x1200, 227K)

Read for a bit and jack off

I can't sleep at night, I toss and turn
Listenin' for the telephone
But when I get your call I'm all choked up

warm shower into fresh bed sheets

Read or jackit

exit(1);

Attached: asdfghjkl.gif (160x130, 7K)

remember something embarrasing, try not to do so for 3 hours, sleep for an hour, then wake up before my alarm needing to piss, try to ignore it for 10 minutes, give up, go piss, then go on Jow Forums until my alarm goes off.

Attached: 1499102823207.jpg (549x534, 28K)

I usually jist stay awake and supplement my sleep deprivation with caffeine at work the next day.
"no sleep is the Bone of my Sword
Tiredness is my Body and caffeine is my Blood.
I have created over a Thousand scripts,
Unknown to my boss,
Nor known to coworkers .
Have withstood hypertension to create many production systems
Yet those Hands will never hold a woman.
So, as I Pray--
Unlimited Caffeine Works"

Just get a fixed schedule and try to deviate from it as less as possible. If you need to get up at 7am during your weeks. Get up at 7am on the weekends, too.
You will get to sleep easily then.

konoplin, son

Try waking up before 7am and not looking at computer screens after 10pm

Why is it that you only see Windows users with multiple monitors?

take a nap

Masturbate, watch a monotone lecture video. Repeat until fall asleep

close my office door

I watch a couple of Dr. Katz episodes

>remember something embarrasing
kill me

Attached: 1496146372667.jpg (768x768, 418K)

Fap. Then sleep.

The same things I do when I can sleep user, I rarely fucking sleep. Fucking sucks.

Try to convince you'reself that rest is the next best thing to sleep, and relax.

Attached: Qtπ.png (500x691, 217K)

Not him but
>I go to sleep anyway
That's not how it works. I literally /cannot/ fall asleep at a reasonable time unless I'm physically exhausted, which is almost never the case because I'm a programmer who works from home. Instead I stay up pretty much all night then fall asleep around the time I should be waking up. My schedule allows for that but it makes me even more of a social hermit than I would otherwise be.

There's no point lying in bed with my eyes closed but still wide awake for literally hours. I just get up and do something until I'm actually tired. Which would be fine but that "until" is always far too long.

Go to a gym or for a jog

in my case that do the reverse, even when i shower in the morning, i still cant sleep at night...weird stuff...

Attached: 1532301510379.jpg (402x480, 22K)

digitalnoesis.org/sleep

Behavior modification is your best bet. If you are drinking caffeine you should quit. I always tell people if you sleep like a baby, fine, have the caffeine. If you don't, that's one of the first things to quit.

Maintaining a good sleep schedule is critical also.

You WILL sleep better if you improve your behavior about sleep, just don't expect it to be overnight. Bad habits take a long time to learn, and they can take a long time to unlearn.

fapping wakes me up.

It knocks you out but inhibits your body from entering REM sleep, making your sleep less efficient.

how did that help you sleep? I find someone in my bed makes me sleep worse..

That's how I am. If I take a vacation,I rapidly slip into a pattern of going to sleep later and later,with the horrible inability to sleep beyond 6:00. I've been getting up for work at 3:30 for so long, I cannot sleep after the sun comes up.Thus,I end up more exhausted from a vacation,than I would be from working.

Rub one out to broadcast girlfriend

>fapping wakes me up.

what?
how?

supplement with tryptophan and use melatonin as needed

not sure why. i know a lot of people talk about getting tired after a fap or sex but I've always found it wakes me up.

ctrl-c

Sex tires me out,bopping the bologna,does not.Bonus info: I always fart loudly after sex.

Fapityfapfap

Fap

I can sleep. The problem is I have no time to sleep.

I'm one of those people. It's probably because of my shit diet and low caloric intake.

I don't even remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. No matter what I do I only get about 4 hours of it.

Prometazin

Britbong here
How the fuck do I go to sleep during this heatwave with no A/C

Attached: boom.jpg (800x323, 70K)

do you feel rested when you wake up? some people only need a small amount of hours.

are you drinking caffeine?

get a window AC unit? they are cheap.

Buy an ac you retard
Why the fuck don't you have even a window unit?

I have the same problem with caffeine. It just makes me sleepy, especially hot cappuccinos.

take doxylamine succinate

literally always works and has way less risk than taking any other type of sleep drug (benzos, z-drugs, etc)

Not him but I never feel rested when I get up. No matter if I've gotten four hours of sleep or fourteen, whether I drink caffeine or not, what my sleeping schedule looks like, what bed I'm sleeping on, or whether I'm active or sedentary. I don't think I've ever known what it feels like to be energetic instead of exhausted.

Die after roughly 3 days.

warm shower doesn't help... it does the opposite.
take a cold shower instead.

glorious 20$ thrift store AC. Inefficient and only 700 watts but its all cool.

Attached: JPEG_20180723_181052.jpg (3120x4160, 1.42M)

You should see a sleep medicine doctor and see if you have sleep apnea

americans....

I don't
It's always above 30C here fuck this heatwave
My shit body wasn't designed for this

Attached: 0b8.gif (320x287, 2.36M)

what? not wanting to sweat my balls off?

this

>even when i shower in the morning, i still cant sleep at night...weird stuff...
go see the doctor

Attached: Leon+Nikita.webm (576x320, 2.26M)

I take more lorazepam. I'm already in quite a trouble since 5mg is like half the strip and I have to make due with 250 pills for 2 months.

I'm not saying every home should have central heating and air, though that is a true statement.
I'm saying you should have a small AC unit for unusually hot weather, which has to happen at least once a year or so, to keep yourself from being so uncomfortable

The real question is how do you stay awake?

I find that no matter what I do, whether it's something productive or something entertaining I still get tired out extremely quickly and can barely stay awake for the 16 hours most people stay awake in. I can barely do above 9 hours awake and most days I'm awake for 6-7 hours on average.

I don't have any major health issues, I can still function just fine when I am awake, I just find its way too easy for me to fall asleep.

>fapping wakes me up
Same here.

sleep some more

I take diphenhydramine 100-150mg, put in some earplugs, and lay down on my egyptian cotton sheets with 100% goose down pillows.

browse Jow Forums while snuggled into your bed.

Masturbate.

This or Seinfeld

>Piss
>get to bed
>fap
Then i have the need of go back And piss again

Attached: 1532102488050.jpg (650x650, 337K)

Kekked audibly.

Im going to change everyone's life who reads this.

1) go to bed at sunset, wake up at sunrise. its easiest during the summer because of the long days, but during the winter, its impossible, so a good benchmark i 8:30PM to 4:30AM sleep. wake up, work out, have unreal energy the rest of the day.

2) install a blue light removal program like flux. blue light is the same frequency as the blue sky which you have been programmed over evolution to naturally prevent the release of melatonin when it hits your eyes. Flux will allow you to use computers without the screen screwing with your natural sleep cycle

3) stop drinking liquid cancer aka soda/energy drinks

fpbp

Also,it helps that my gay nigger bf slowly fans me with an ostrich feather.

>working out gives you more energy
I've never had this experience. Exercise makes me want to sit in a chair and not move for hours.

>I sleep 18 hours a day
>There's nothing wrong with me

Attached: 1444362014440.jpg (530x600, 68K)

Sitting on my bed while stroking my family and hoping the temperatures decrease. They actually increase.
>TFW 27°

Attached: DSC_0013.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

you probably do exercise like twice a year

If I can't sleep I usually just try to study some more if I'm able to maintain concentration.
If not, I just read manga in bed until I eventually nod-off.

Jow Forumsbro here trying to become less of a brainlet. Let me help you

- 30 to 60 mins before you want to go to bed you should dim most lights.
- Read before you go to sleep.
- Eat healthy
- No caffeine after 15:00
- Go to sleep on set times
- Meditate.
- CBD oil
- Magnesium

Attached: tenor.gif (220x192, 237K)

This was true when I was completely sedentary, and it was also true when I worked out three times a week. It didn't change when I kept to a regular exercise routine. I still hated it, and I didn't feel any more alert or awake or energetic during the regular course of my day. I don't get people like you who enjoy and are energized by being fucking exhausted.

Because *nix users don't do any work past ricing their shitty distro install.

Get your affairs in order ASAP.
RIP in peace, user... ;_;7

are you a stalker because that's exactly my daily routine right now

Attached: 71wwmPHv4ML._SL1100_.jpg (822x1100, 175K)

you probably eat like shit

always something with you fags isn't it.
>"you don't exercise!"
>"you don't exercise ENOUGH!"
>"you need to eat differently!"
>"no really keep doing it, it'll work!"
>six months later, still tired, still hate working out
>"well idk, you must be doing something else wrong, it's impossible for exercise to not feel good!"

You shouldn't feel that tired with the Endorphin high unless you're eating like shit and have no energy left or you don't do regular exercise.
So you're probably lying.

this shit gives you weird dream, I don't recommend it