Convince me not to buy this

Convince me not to buy this.
I'm coming from a microatx fractal case with an i5-6600k. It's honestly great for just sitting on my desk but I really would like a more portable system.
I'm bringing over the ram and the GPU.

Attached: Screenshot_20180724_090612.jpg (1080x720, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1627-core-i5-8400-vs-ryzen-5-2600/
pcpartpicker.com/product/Z922FT/asus-strix-x470-i-gaming-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-strix-x470-i-gaming
caselabs-store.com/mercury-s3-case-customizable/
caselabs-store.com/bullet-bh2-mitx-case-customizable/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes sir buy ryzen very good

> Not to buy
Actually really good parts, have fun

Is there any good reason for a 600W power supply?

It's either 600w or 450w. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. I always have a big GPU (have 980ti, plan on 1180ti down the road)

>2tb 2.5" 5400rpm spinning rust

$600 for an upgrade that allows you to do... what?
That's a very inefficient use of your money.

Yeah I'm having trouble finding a decent 2.5" 1tb+ hdd

>seagate firecuda

CPU upgrade.
Allow me to play my PC between living room and office more easily. Will bring it to friends houses more often.

>$600 for a sidegrade
Top lel.

get an ssd you bitch

Crucial MX500 comes in 2tb.

Looks like a big waste of money to me. You know you can just get smaller micro atx case right?

If you can throw away $600 for a sidegrade surely you can affort a 2TB SSD.

wait one year for Zen 2

2600x is a decent 10-20% above an i5-6600k in gaming, at least. My i5 only hits 4.4ghz anyway.
Forgot to mention that I have an SSD for my main drive I'm bringing over too. 256gb.
Buying an SSD that big seems like a waste of money

So.. is the Node 804 microatx case not small enough to be portable for you?

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1440x957, 203K)

Honestly I'm yet to find a good small matx case.

Not necessary, he can always upgrade later on because AMD actually cares about its customers instead of forcing them for each terrible new arch a new terrible socket like Intel

*downgrade

>2600x is a decent 10-20% above an i5-6600k in gaming
It's a decent 10-20% in heavily multithreaded applications, which games aren't.

I'm not really interested in the square box style of case. Looks annoying to build in and not that friendly to carry around

I looked at the benchmark's myself faggot, yes in games it outperforms it by a decent margin. Waiting until Zen 2 though might be the better idea.

>I looked at the benchmark's myself faggot
Show us those magical benchmarks then.

>seagate

Because you could buy this.

Attached: casesblack.jpg (1392x680, 106K)

If you can't carry a tiny cube once in awhile you should probably spend some of that $600 on some protein powder and drop the onions beverages.

You've got bigger problems.

>putting something into greentext with no further elaboration

Still waiting for those benchmarks, OP.

Who said anything about can't? I just want a console sized PC. Doesn't seem unreasonable.

You're just going to be disappointed, consoles use 1/4 the power and still have overheating problems in those small cases. Putting a PC in that form factor just means all your hardware is stressed it's whole life and your shitty seagate HD dies after a year because it's running 45'c all the time instead of 30'c.

It beats the 8400 in almost every game. If it performs this well against a six core 8th gen Intel part it will easily best my 4 core Skylake. I don't see how that sounds unreasonable

Forgot
techspot.com/review/1627-core-i5-8400-vs-ryzen-5-2600/

No RAM.

You must be retarded. Your link shows it losing or being equal in every benchmark with FASTER RAM. The only times it is faster is when it's using the fastest RAM you can get for it.

You JUST said in this thread you are using your OLD RAM, which means you will not get a better result!

>would like a more portable system.
>still buying desktop

If all you want is portability and performance increase isnt really important, then why not just get a smallrr case, mobo and power supply?

Oh and also the times it's using the 3400mhz DDR4 and winning it's also OVERCLOCKED and being compared to a STOCK i5 using 2666mhz DDR4.

Did you actually read anything or did you just look at fucking bars?

>I'm bringing over the RAM
It's gskill RAM at 2400 out of the box. I can OC it to 2666 perfectly fine on my shitty msi mobo right now. I can most likely get it to 2900 on a better mobo, as well as a 2600x reaching 4.2ghz out of the box.
I'm seriously interested in the gigabyte aero laptop, but I wanna wait another gen or two before considering that. When 6 core 45w laptop CPUs can reach 4.5ghz without throttling I'll probably drop my desktop.
I have matx. I want a mini itx desktop. If i have to buy a new mobo it's not going to be a dead socket.
The overclocked 2600 is representative of out of the box 2600x performance numbnuts.

>FASTER RAM
that's because even the dirty cheap AMD motherboard/chipset supports overclocking of the CPU and the RAM
but all of the budget intel motherboards do not.
in fact, that intel shitty board doesn't even support raid.
even if you get the same shitty ram a similarly priced motherboard and no cooler,
the AMD setup has more potential out of the box.
useless kike posters

>Oh and also the times it's using the 3400mhz DDR4 and winning it's also OVERCLOCKED and being compared to a STOCK i5 using 2666mhz DDR4.
cry moar because those shitty intel motherboards can't into overclocking.
you like getting cucked? Pick intel.
same price and same performance with less features.

>I can most likely get it to 2900 on a better mobo

NOTHING to do with your mobo. Memory controller has been in the CPU for over the last 10 years.

>as well as a 2600x reaching 4.2ghz out of the box.

It does not run 4.2ghz across 6 cores stock. Thats the max boost for individual cores.

It would also be slower or at best on-par with your 4.4ghz i5 in most games, given the same memory speed.

Ryzen 7 or bust
Seriously, you're going poorfag with no Threadripper, at least go Ryzen 7

>you like getting cucked
ooohhh... and here's the best.
Buy now, get EOL'd in a couple months!
Did you know that the amazing intel roadmap considers legacy your 6 month CPU+chipset?
Buy now, and get 0% of security updates for every upcoming intel security flaw.

Not bad, but...

Get the 2700 or 2700X. Wait for it to go on sale or buy from another enthusiast/used if you must, but its likely worth the upgrade across the board.

If you want better quality and stability especially in mITX, get X470 instead of B450 powered. I suggest... pcpartpicker.com/product/Z922FT/asus-strix-x470-i-gaming-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-strix-x470-i-gaming

There's also an AsRock X470 miTX if you like them for some reason, but definitely take the mobo upgrade.

Is that HDD your only drive/system drive for this build? Bad idea on your selection there. You want a SSD. There are only 3 or 4 worthwhile options, to make it simple. Samsung 970 or 960 EVO is a NVMe (PCI-E speed) M.2 drive, so doesn't take up hardly any room. At 250 or 500gb they're reasonably affordable as well and way faster than any SATA drive. If you want a 2.5" drive, they'll be SATA which are still worthwhile. Use either as a system drive if you don't get a M.2 and/or as storage. Brands are Samsung 860 EVO and Crucial MX500, with the Samsung preferred but the Crucial follows close, especially if you get a really good deal on it. If you need a large capacity HDD (ie 2TB or greater and don't want to pay SSD prices for that size etc) I would urge you to look at Western Digital or HGST instead of Seagate. If its only for storage that's one thing, but running a system from a 5400rpm HDD alone is a recipe for SLOOOOOOWness.

PSU is a good option - I would also look into SFX-L if you have the room for them. Corsair, EVGA and maybe Silverstone make good SFX type PSUs.

Case - Honestly not sure about that

>NOTHING to do with your mobo. Memory controller has been in the CPU for over the last 10 years.
update motherboard firmware.
memory can run faster,
more kits are compatible.
>NOTHING to do with your mobo.

Yes, because spd configurations and subtimings are set correctly.

I can set 3000mhz DDR3 on my $130 mobo but it doesn't mean it'll ever work, it's just means it'll configure the CPU to run at those speeds and it won't post because the IMC can't handle it.

tl;dr

OP the fact of the matter is that if you are buying
a coputer in the current market you must be desperate

>corsair
get a seasonic

Oh and about the case, what's your primary feature in selecting the one you did? Because there are lot of unique high end mITX cases ot there that allow MUCH better cooling and overall performance/features than most mITX traditional/HTPC/thin cases, without being much biggesr. is an exampel.

Also , if you want portable and best of the best...

caselabs-store.com/mercury-s3-case-customizable/

or

caselabs-store.com/bullet-bh2-mitx-case-customizable/

Both highly recommended.

Not sure Seasonic has a SFX or SFX-L form factor PSU. If they were going ATX it would be a good option though.

>Ryzen X
No, this is just trash consuming 50% more power for an extremely low performance gain. Buy 2600 or 2700.

not sure about 2600X, but I know 2700X has some real benefits to performance especially for those not manually overclocking the fuck out of it. PB2 makes it somewhat "set it and forget it" with X, whereas on normal 2700 you can get the same performance but you have to fuck around with it and tweak, know wha you're doing etc...

The [H]ardOCP review discusses this kind of thing and they have real reviews instead of the pussying out that we see on many youtube reviewers these days making it into a glorified ad. I think some of the other long running enthusiast sites agree too, like Overclock.net.

>The overclocked 2600 is representative of out of the box 2600x performance numbnuts.

You know, if you Google "4.2ghz 2600x", you get a ton of results of people asking if it's safe to overclock their 2600x to 4.2ghz, if their motherboard VRMs can handle it etc.

It only runs at 4.0ghz when you load all the cores.

2600X has a less than 10% performance gain over 2600, while 2700 uses as much power as 2600 and is better than 2600X. 2700X in comparison has bigger performance increase over the base, as opposed to 2600. It's still not worth the power increase (for me).
I recently started caring only about power efficiency while retaining good performance, and I honestly always thought overclocking is retarded anyways. But I have nothing against 2700X, I just think 2600X is a terrible buy when 2600 and 2700 exist.

Power delivery is based on motherboard dufus

The biggest feature is the long GPU length/separation from the rest of the case

What does power delivery have to do with fucking anything in my post

Do you think the 5w the DDR4 needs to function at 3ghz or whatever puts any load on the motherboard at all? Are you fucking stupid as well?

All right, well there are a few other options out there I'd look into. Those CaseLabs cases I linked (the Bullet being less expensive and damn portable - it even has an option to add (removable) handles!) both have long GPU support, as well as ATX PSU support and capable of handlng taller CPU coolers.

Besides CaseLabs, I'd also look into the NCASE M1 , GHOST S1, and DrZaber's SENTRY.

Enjoy!