Earn internship for a marketing research company

>earn internship for a marketing research company
>very introverted
>refuse invites for meetups and bars
>3 weeks in, have no idea what anybody's called, keep shouting "Hey man!" or something similar
Help.... me....
I feel so lost and empty on the inside. I feel cold.

Attached: 1532283376177.jpg (468x468, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U3RX6sbF14A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>refuse invites for meetups and bars
>Help.... me....
well what do you want? to know people? or to avoid people?

I don't know what i want. I felt so fuzzy and warm in high school.
I don't know the first thing about bars. Do I drink beer or whiskey? Do I order peanuts? Do I hit other people's cup before drinking?

idk, you're asking the wrong crowd
i've only ordered something from a bar like.. once, 10 years ago
i guess just get a beer, then observe what others' are doing

Christ, I think I'm going mad. I was lurking Jow Forums on my phone one time in the lobby and literally slightly overheard two colleagues talking about me and American Psycho. That I was constatnly observing everything and smiling as soon as somebody talks to me.

You can't be a high schooler forever so might as well try something else. Relax, just order whatever you want and stay with people you know. If you see another awkward dweeb try talking to him about your general surroundings.
Nobody cares and it's likely going to be a shit experience but at least you tried something different and won't be so afraid next time.

>another awkward dweeb
uuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>full time job
>but my team is located in a different state
>have no idea who anyone is in the office
>never get invited out to do anything
>been like this for six months
At least I get to travel to the other state on the company's dime.

>keep shouting "Hey man!"
ohh no NO NO NO
*inhales*
AAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAH

>ohh no NO NO NO
is this a quote from something? i feel like i've seen this a lot lately

You'll forever feel lost and empty now.

I have a friend at university. I'm OK with the whole class but me and this guy always work together.

I didn't know his name until we'd already been working together for 3 months, and I think he still has no idea what my name is

youtube.com/watch?v=U3RX6sbF14A

welcome to Jow Forums, enjoy your stay.

Is this literally who I share a board with?

reddít might suit better your needs

his laugh sounds like a pig being tortured

That's the funny part, keep watching lol

>comes to a place known for being filled with lonely people
>acts surprised
Normalfags pls go and stay go.

I mean I'm lonely sometimes too (just order a hooker lmao) but I don't actually spend gruelling days weeks and months wondering if the guy in front of me is more uncomfortable than me.

Go to the bar, order a pint of a good stout
Enjoy

Work should stay at work

What is 'good stout'? How much do I tip?
I was actually at a bar in first year college and wanted to act manly and told the bartender to kep the change but proceeded to put it in my pocket when he left it on the table AUUUURGHHH

How do you deal with getting invited out to drink if you're straight edge?
In the past, I've accompanied workmates to bars for happy time, but I'd politely tell them that I don't drink and I order a Coke or something instead. I find that this often causes me to get excluded from social events thereafter. Am I just too boring to spend time with?

Do you have something to hide? Psychopathic tendencies, schizoid behaviour, anger issues? If not, one beer will not have negative effects.

Your workmates are assholes if you get excluded for not drinking when you make the effort to show up in the first place.

However, try to go along and ''act'' drunk next time. Maybe they are excluding you because you're killing their ambiance.

No, I just don't want to bring work outside of the workplace

>bring work
What, you open up laptops and start coding or osmething? Does your workplace not have friday party day?

luck you for have a job.

.... I leave the work environment at work and that includes the people.

Good job
Now everyone thinks you're a freak and you won't get a good reference for your next job
Might as well just give up now

"not a team player"

Order something simple like a beer and quietly observe how the normies interact, they WON'T think you're weird, just that you're shy after coming to a new workplace, it's normal.
Once you've observed how they interact, what sort of jokes they're into, and how people are generally you come out of your shell and just put yourself out there.

>3 weeks in, have no idea what anybody's called
>haha, sorry I'm bad with names...
>oh that's okay user, I'm Steve

>Do I drink beer or whiskey?
What do you normally drink? If you never drink, don't feel like you have to.
>Do I order peanuts?
lolno. Never. Order something to drink. If you want a meal, order a meal. If you want an appetizer, get an appetizer. Most bars have nachos and chicken wings. You could even make conversation with the colleagues asking if their wings are good or if the nachos are better, etc.
>Do I hit other people's cup before drinking?
If so, only once. If they're all like "hey user, thanks for coming out." and then you get you drinks. "Cheers", gently tab cup, done.
If not, meh. Don't need to >hit other people's cup before drinking

So you don't take your job seriously, or?

Just be honest and tell them you never really went to a bar before. Ask them their favorite drinks. If they're decent, they'll help you out. If they use their intelligence to belittle you, as if it's impressive, avoid them.

Well for starters, don't call it straight edge.

The few times in my life I've drank some beer, I ended up horny and staring at girls toes, then spending the next few days cringing.

>I ended up horny and staring at girls toes
hahawat

I have a really strong foot fetish and just want to sniff toes there is nothing weird about that actually it's an instinctive thing

Probably troll....... but in the 1% chance it's not...
Practice makes perfect. Go out without your work friends. Grab a seat at the bar. Get a beer. Stay for a bit. Practice not staring at toes.

Dude most people on Jow Forums like feet

i don't have anything against it, but it just makes no sense to me
to me, feet at the single least sexually interesting part of the body
>it's an instinctive thing
i am interested to hear your thoughts on this, though

It's like on google haha.
I just like feet because it's dirty and nobody would do that, I like imagining the expression a girl makes when I would sniff the toe jam up my nose.

I'm there too OP. been at this internship for ten weeks just doing work, not talking to anyone because I'm a fucking loser or whatever. Now it's my last week and the rest of the tech staff wants to "go out for drinks." what the fuck I don't even know these guys hardly. I'm in fucking panic mode

Talk about seinfeld until they get bored and turn away, then just stay still for 10 minutes, slowly slide $10 to the bartender, make a *shhh* gesture and walk out the back.

In a way I know the feeling, anxiety for me is a bitch, though at least you have something of a job, figuring that out for me is hard as heeeeeeeeeell. I mean like I can't do most lower jobs(gotta start somewhere right even though I did graduate college years ago) because it requires customer service and shit and I just don't wanna fucking deal with other people.

Not knowing people's names is about the most insulting thing you can do to someone. Especially if you've been there weeks.

What do you think is more embarrassing? Avoiding using people's names when it's 100% obvious you don't remember them, or just saying "hey, you, what was you name? I'm shit at remembering names".

Believe me, it's not that difficult, try it, the more you do it the easier it gets. I've accepted I am awful at remembering names and I just ask people directly with no remorse. Much better for my nerves.

>It's like on google haha.
i don't know what you mean by that
>I just like feet because it's dirty and nobody would do that, I like imagining the expression a girl makes when I would sniff the toe jam up my nose.
this i can understand a bit, i really like the idea of playing with girls' buttholes, and i recently got a chance to do so. she didn't understand it, but let me have at it anyway, her confusion only turned me on more

Better tell Paul Allen to check out Huey Lewis and the News album while pointing at some digits.

It's not funny man, I actually like that movie. At maximum, I've said the wrong thing when speaking to my code and they thought I was talking about the office I work at.

>youtube.com/watch?v=U3RX6sbF14A
Pfhahaha literally me this entire fucking thread. Can't losers like this just get arrested for loli shit?

Being very introverted and being socially awkward are not the same thing.

Order what you want, do your own thing with confidence and maintain eye contact when you're talking, if you're unsure how to initiate small talk start with common interests (work is a good start).

I'm very introverted but have no problem making and keeping friends and being social with them at work, but once I'm out of work I spend hours alone, I wouldn't have it any other way.

How do I make smalltalk Jow Forums?

shit I didn't get digits
just get paul allen drunk and axe him a question

>h-hey Katie
>Hiiiii!
>uhh you like small talk?
>Hehee what have you got in miiind?
>uhh yeah well.... I prefer Fortran. Haha . Haha. get it?

you mean how do you write smalltalk code, or make as in how do you compile smalltalk code?

so is everyone on this board either a psychopath or a schizo or what?

>whats fortran?
thats when you show her the C

Fuck, that got me.
I'd let you fug me, with jokes like that.

what makes you say that?

>work is a good start
Most people don't like talking about work.

Aha-ha-ha-ha, what a story, user.

I knew I would get these responses, but at least they're Jow Forums related.

>I only write in C, Kevin, you know that
>Haha well you haha should C the D *shhhhNKKK*
>Now, Katie

He's going drinking with work colleagues where work is a common interest, I'm not saying bring work up interacting with random people.

You don't talk about work during an after-work beer meeting. That's a good way for people to start avoiding you, people primarily go there to unwind and not talk about work.

shit, take katie out for coffee then fuck. sounds like a 8/10 right there.

Or to talk about funny things from work like the autistic boy who stares at feet

You're an intern, so that's brought you some time to be a social awkward cunt. However, don't count on it lasting.
>be fag
>asked to bar
>don't drink
>go anyways
>order diet lemonaid
>"B-but why, user?"
>entire familly are drunkards
>traded that and smoking for a sweet tooth
>cheaper desu
>healtier too
I may be a faggot to the untrained eye, but I'm counting my shekles and heart beats. Sugar isn't healthy either, but it's health-ier than beer and smokes.

every new round of booze and then you hit the table
that way you get rid of the jew
important

Maybe if you have a shit job, I like talking about my interests and work is an interest just like it is for other people I work with.

I mean I worked in maccies flipping burgers I'd avoid talking about work too.

She is amazing as hell amd one time I saw her sitting in her office cleaning inbetween her toes with the pen she sucks on all day and putting on high heels. I felt sjivers and tightness witnessing that and couldnt stand up.

>I mean I worked in maccies flipping burgers I'd avoid talking about work too.
Epin xD

Most people don't like talking about work in a context created specifically to not talk about it.

>oh man I just GOTTA be addicted to something

might as well go full keto, you fatty. Get Jow Forums and nobody will question you're drinking habits.
don't sniff the pen if you can't take her out for coffee.

Better than me. Shy and socially awkward. But I like going to bars and watching other people doing social things.
I'm the creep in the corner. Watching from the dark.

I replaced her pen with an identical one, even down to the chew marks. It didnt smell like anything when I got home. I think she was playing with me.

If OP is too autistic to come up with small talk topics I can't see how work topics can hurt. Better than him talking about toes or something.

holy shitamoly dude get a fucking grip. where do you even work or can you at least hint at katie's last name?

I'd rather be invisible, the alternative is worse. Everyone coming to you all the fucking time to make small-talk and shit. I fucking detest being invited to places. It's gotten to the point where I don't make excuses any more I just flat out say no and don't explain why. I hate being "popular" at work, everyone needs to fuck off so I can do my job in peace and go home.

Wow, zero passion.

>marketing research
>very introverted

oh brother

Yeah, I work for money so I can do what I want. I don't give a fuck about my job or the people there, it's a means to an end.

Jesus fucking christ.
Drink beer. You're not cool enough to be drinking whiskey and I doubt you have the tolerance.
Order peanuts if you want. Don't clink anyone's glasses.

Attached: 4L_ZdyIU0NY.jpg (224x217, 12K)

Stuff like this should be learned way before you hit the working life but here are some tips.

Order a drink (beer or whatever you like).
Try to get some talk going. Talk about shit that happenend on the commute to the office (wow it was so crowded this morning, did you experience that too?). Talk about the news (did you see what *insert random country leader* did last night?). Talk about your sport (ghee I really like playing *insert sport* what do you like?). Hobby (I am really into warhammer 40k recently, did you read the books?). People will get to know you and have a chance to talk about themselves, something everyone loves).
If you dont know names in the office, ask, dont hesitate one second.

Stop thinking you are weird or autistic. Most of the strange ideas you have are other peoples thoughts too. Also, stop thinking you are a special snowflake. Even the most confident people are shy or akwards at least once in their lives. Just go out there and experience it all. In no time you will be a normie, just stop overthinking everything.

Sorry

I prefer ordering straight vodka, sitting in the corner and drinking directly from the bottle.

No one cares what you drink.

>Don't clink anyone's glasses.
That's a boomer/gen x thing. Usually its people who were born in the 70s and earlier who want to do that.

This guy does

In the netherlands we do this at least once every bar night and I am born in 1983.

that guy's a faggot

takes one to know one

This.

I've never had anyone under 30 try to clink my glass.

Ask her out you degenerate. Take her to starbucks and buy her a damn coffee and chat with her.
Don't be so down, Akari

Grab a beer. Usually one is enough to ease up a little. Either try and make some conversation (like how they got the job or what they did before that) or wait until try to have a conversation with you. You'll see that your job life will get so much better once you actually have two or three colleagues to chat with. Harsh truth is that you have to be sociable to at least some extent, otherwise all jobs you get will feel shitty no matter what. Being a full-blown weapons-grade autist will just barely get you through highschool.

Bro go out alone at first, you don't have to talk to anyone, just find a dive bar or a small venue, Downtown and order a shot and a beer, if you don't have experience with drinking just get a cheap whiskey or tequila for a shot and something non complex for a beer ( yuengling bud PBR whatever your learning to drink so start slow) pound the shot and Chase with the beer. ( Pro tip: if you're not used to taking shots inhale before you drink, this way you exhale and alcohol vapor and don't choke) now sit back and relax, no one's watching you, only you, it's all in your head. So try not to care about how your sitting or breathing or whatever. However don't play on your phone, take this.time to observe relax, watch the music, ponder you own life, whatever. Have maybe 2 more.beers but don't get sloppy . And when your ready to leave tip 20% and bounce. If you ever have only one beer tip $2. Never hit on the bartender never snap your fingers or wave cash, never tell. Do this a few times a week or.for a month till you get comfortable, you'll get a taste for what you like how to act how others act etc. Then go meet up with workers and chill, don't know what to talk about? Ask them anything, follow the flow of conversation, sometimes it's okay to.say nothing at all, just look relaxed and actually relaxed and eventually someone will talk to you. When you get up to go to the bathroom ask if any one else needs a beer, if your feeling rowdy buy a quick round of shots (tequila) . Practice buddy practice

Attached: KIMG2365.jpg (4160x2340, 1.32M)