This is the best FOSS game devs can do

This is the best FOSS game devs can do.
But can you blame them, art and music are classic professions where people know their worth.

Attached: Freedoom_0.10_MAP07.png (1024x768, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9JUPwQbDg7E?t=653
youtu.be/XptlVErsL-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>art and music are classic professions where people know their worth.
zozzle'd

Denial much?

graphics and music will be soon automated, have fun getting deprecated artfag

>But can you blame them
For what?

>art and music are classic professions
Neither is a profession, fucking teen.

the only gamedev profession that will ever be automated is programming

Try getting a job as such a professional.

art and music cost money

>muh graphics
youtu.be/9JUPwQbDg7E?t=653

Freedoom is pretty cool, Warsow is better though.

The game is 15 years old and just aims to create an open Doom game, a game which is more likely older than you. If you really want to shit on FOSS games at least try something newer like OpenArena

>graphics and music
kek, the only thing being automated here is programming

I thought the cup was called warsow and they were playing quake 3 arena with skins.

>automating programming
>automating the process of automating computing
the absolue state of artfags

Attached: 1509032305860.png (657x539, 110K)

the movement is inspired by quakeword / cpma.
the engine is based on quake 2

Attached: quake_logo.jpg (500x354, 21K)

I work at microsoft.
Yes retard, compilers already do a great job optimizing your shit code better than the best assembly programmers.

Looks like basically Doom with some very slight graphical changes. How is this a criticism of FOSS? If you don't like this game, you're basically saying that you don't like early 90s Id Software, not that you don't like FOSS.

Doom hurts zoomer feelings.

I do like 90s Id Software, but I don't like 2018s FOSS that's as good as 90s Id Software.

it's from 2003

Attached: tux.jpg (521x550, 25K)

My dad works for Super Nintendo and he says you're a faggot.

The point is that you will still have to program no matter how much automation and abstraction you add. You will eliminate all needs for programming only once you create general artificial intelligence that will do all the work for you and you can fucking bet all art will be fully automated way fucking earlier. We already have algorithms that can compose music and create pictures. Again, have fun getting deprecated artfag.

>compose music and create pictures
Based on....... readily available music. Fantastic, the best software in the world is a shoddy copycat.
Meanwhile, we have entire books of design patterns and thousands of libraries ready to be used to write generic code. Just need a pajeet to set the general direction.

Er..... Point still stands.

>poor MBA thinks Pajeets can do anything

Attached: Picard_with_hair.jpg (200x278, 11K)

There's a high-position indian in the best IT companies. Also, there's nothing difficult about writing code that works. It's code that works fast that's hard.

I'd rather see the art design side of things get automated. Would probably make some interesting stuff

The unreal engine is foss

all attempts at getting computers to do creative things have resulted in them creating things that are utterly uninteresting and meaningless

>very slight graphical changes
the new sounds and enemy sprites are awful

Nope.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-24 at 7.07.46 PM.png (333x486, 76K)

>art and music are classic professions where people know their worth.

You've clearly never browsed fiverr.

I have a feeling that if a programmer was told 'Program this thing so it can do your job', they either wouldn't, or they'd do such a shitty job that it would be better to keep the programmer on.

Pfft have you heard them? They can only go so far and even then, humans will never stop creating art and music just because computers can. There's already a huge amount of generated art, but because it's not impressive for a computer to do human feats, and algorithm music tends to have little humans can relate to, it will continue. Also it's [spoiler]fun, if you're good, but what would you know about that[/spoiler][spoiler] also fine art is a Jewish marketing scheme for investors to artificially inflate their wealth and have assets that appreciate, which would be rendered meaningless if we had generated art ONLY that can be printed on a whim, and just.. come on. Put more thought into it.[/spoiler]

Damn no spoilers on this board. Now I'm the retard too.

Sure, they will if you want everything to have the same artstyle and no visual identity whatsoever.

>what is godot
youtu.be/XptlVErsL-o

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-012511_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 907K)

github.com/tgstation/tgstation

Space Station 13, an online multiplayer space station simulation with a unique charm that's been in development since 2001.

Good, say best, FOSS engines will be Godot and Xenko (initially proprietary).
UE & Cry are shared but not free.

>I work at microsoft.
Now try getting an artist job in gamedev and see how artists are dime a dozen.

Good artists aren't. I work with some.

>it's just copycats!
>m-muh creativity
>proceeds to spout "uniqueness", "soul", "identity" and other memes
There is nothing exceptional about the process of creating art. "Creativity" is a meme perpetuated by people that want to feel like special snowflakes. There is no such things as creativity, every art is a remix, derivative of all the other art and experiences the artist had, which can be entirely automated. These shallow buzzwords are a symptom of a dying industry that is about to get replaced by robots.

Attached: 95f.jpg (500x545, 33K)