Try to fix friend's laptop

>try to fix friend's laptop
>replace thermal paste and clean out fan
>plug it back up
>it boots up just fine after power draining
>this happens

What do?

Attached: 20180724_162754.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

What exactly happened after you put it back together?

Congrats, you broke it even more. Looks like a cheap piece of shit. Replace it for your friend since you caused it

You broke the display ribbon cable, congratulations dumbnuts

Nothing. It booted up and showed the Windows loading screen, then it got brighter and brighter until pic related. I restarted and it's still bright as fuck.

Dunno how, I used hardwood flooring and plugged everything back in.

Did you ground yourself before opening it up?

Try reseating the screen cable.

He's gonna be grounded when his mom finds out he was playing IT and broke his classmate's computer

You broke it, what a great friend

Attached: 1517188999968.png (394x397, 326K)

Open it back up and make sure you didn't sever the display cable

These are likely it. You have your mission OP, get back in there

Try not to break it again?

Yep, just did that. Display is still flickery but that just means I have to adjust it. Thank you friends.

dubs of truth. Hail Gnu

Readjusting it did not work so I'm going to assume I fucked his cord up. I'll order another since they are cheap. Thanks.

I've had this same problem before, but I can't remember what the solution was. I'm pretty sure it didn't require a new cable though.

If you haven't damaged the cable visibly, chances are the connectors are just dirty or something.

>dubs again

Attached: 1532310380604.jpg (300x255, 28K)

>88
based dubs

Kek

I had a similar experience some months ago
>Upgrade the old Toshiba HDD in a friend's house laptop with an SSD
>Install w10 etc
>Boot system
>G,h number 3 and 8, Windows key and backspace no longer work
I didn't touch anything remotely related with the keyboard, however replacing it fixed it

U fucks are just inexperienced. You don't know how frail some of these connectors and cables are, especially on older computers. Invest in good expansive toolset, buy a good lamp you can work under, preferably with a magnifying glass. When you start feeling nervous or shaky take a break. I'd try resetting the cmos battery if it has one or check the backlight filter. Switching out the cable is a pain in the ass, hopefully you didn't damage the MB

Attached: 11331.jpg (484x509, 17K)

it keeps happening

lul reminds me of the days bricking friends PSPs claiming I knew how to store data on the batteries.

>What do?
Buy him a Thinkpad

this,plug in and hdmi to a monitor and see if it displays a signal

dubs or everyone in this thread is gei now

you gei now :^)

deny EVERYTHING