How many lines of code do you write a day, Jow Forums?

How many lines of code do you write a day, Jow Forums?

Attached: dfsdf.jpg (1000x720, 74K)

probably about 5 on average

one

on avarage like 50 to 100

50ish

either spaghetti or larping

seven thousand.

Depends on what I'm doing. Today only like 100 because I've been figuring out a new thing based on legacy code. I'm assuming you're talking about lines you want to keep.

>~2B
Ut's not SI, looks out of place and doesn't fit the rest.

on average see Could be more productive, but I'm interrupted by other bullshit.

Why, it is a realistic figure.

It's kind of a high number for large existing projects. If smaller projects totally doable.

I guess the figures for the 90% of programmers are:
>100-150 lines when learning something and starting small programs
>anywhere from 25 to 75 max when working on a big project
>about 10 when fixing/optimizing/mantaining something
Dividing it in a 365 day period, between 10 and 20 new lines of code everyday.

Depending on the ticket, anywhere between 20 and 100. This is for lines that I end up keeping anyway

heavily dependent on the day, I work in security so it depends on whether or not I need to build a tool for what I'm trying to do. And 99% of the tools I build end up being proof of concepts, so they get hacked together super quickly. So on average I probably write like 10 per day, but in a single day when I need something I'll write a couple hundred.

Depends. It varies on the project I am working on, what exactly I am doing, and my current mood. Could be anywhere from 50 lines all the way of upwards of a thousand lines, but this is fairly rare as is my heightened interest on projects. Last time I wrote that much, I spent a whopping 19 hours coding non-stop. Those were some fun times.

Before people call me a liar, I'll admit that it's usually around the 20-25, but I've had some tickets where it just clicked and I go nuts on the writing

I did a single fat rail it was glorious
Wait wgat

Around 500 a day. It pays having all the API ready for you.

Around 10 - which is probably too much considering I'm maintaining a codebase that's already pretty tight and functional.

Maybe... 20-50? Some days in the hundreds? Fuggin' Android dev.

Codelet here. I was under the impression that coders were wrote a lot more lines than what I'm reading here.
This probably why Pajeet is taking your jobs guys.

100-1000

Averaged out, about 0.25

>[date.year.current]
>still evaluates devs by written number of lines
Couple of years back there was a company hiring pajeet contractors. One of them was supposed to be payed by number of written lines. Motherfucker wrote some simple program, just with every variable, keyword and operator in a new line (still a valid code). He had to be payed a shitton of cash.
Do you see, children, by counting lines is retarded?

the industry standard guess for dollars/lines of code is about 50 so if you actually average more than 10 a day you're just making mr goldberg rich and driving yourself crazy.
Aim to do a mediocre amount of work in less time and leave early

>what are style guides
obvious larp

Hi codelet. I doubt any of us are writing entire operating systems from scratch, or are in the alpha stage of some big project (I know I'm not). Maintenance and bug fixes are just little things here and there. The trick is to just be responsive - when a bug report or a design doc comes down, jump into your IDE ASAP.

Attached: 25442974_10213496173471598_4522742060773530998_n.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Those 50 lines of code have lots of knowledge and/or research behind them. That's what I would like to think because otherwise it seems like coding isn't as daunting as it sounds. It even makes me think an IQlet like me can do it.

Like 20

You can.