I've noticed a decent amount of Android manufacturers also avoid putting notification LEDs on their phones...

I've noticed a decent amount of Android manufacturers also avoid putting notification LEDs on their phones, or at least ones that work all the time and not just when the battery is dying.
Literally why?
It's stopping me from buying anything from LG or Motorola.

Attached: lg-nexus-4-notifications.png (1500x834, 1.49M)

They're put on only the most expensive phones as to make people buy those.

3/10 b8

Attached: 1431896428240.jpg (1296x968, 318K)

>Literally why?
It is useless, my display is always on and shows me my notification.
There is no reason for it to exist anymore.

>my display is always on and shows me my notification
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Why would I want my entire display, consisting of millions of LEDs and the single largest battery drainer on a phone, on all the time when I could simply have my phone flash a single LED periodically?

You can determine the app by the color.

>Why would I want my entire display, consisting of millions of LEDs and the single largest battery drainer on a phone, on all the time
It isn't.
This is what it looks like, battery life is pretty good on my phone too.
I doubt there is much difference in battery life.

You can only get one app though, here you can get symbols for all possible apps.

Attached: this.jpg (840x473, 14K)

>He hasn't heard of OLED
granted, they have their flaws but you should at least be aware of this now

Pretty dumb

>my entire display, consisting of millions of LEDs
That should make it rather clear that I know of OLED

You are a neet. You have shit taste.

Always on display and OLED replaced it.

You haven't, judging by how you don't even know how they work.

>judging by how you don't even know how they work
What makes you say that?

Because you automatically assume that just because one part of the OLED screen isn't black, that means the entire OLED screen is on. You're dumb.

>Pretty dumb
No, it is nearly the same but better in every way imaginable.
That is why manufacturers don't include it, it is outdated tech.

>>my entire display, consisting of millions of LEDs
>That should make it rather clear that I know of OLED
Obviously not, since you would have known about always on displays.

>Because you automatically assume that just because one part of the OLED screen isn't black, that means the entire OLED screen is on
No, you're assuming I'm assuming that, and you're dumb for assuming so.

>>No, it is nearly the same but better in every way imaginable.
With my phone I just need to see that my phone's producing a blinking light to know that I have a notification, and by the color I know the type of notification. With yours I need to see the screen and have it close enough to read.

You're complaining about how millions of LEDs are going to drain batteries. You're basically assuming that those millions of LEDs are on at the same time because you're complaining about how they're going to drain the battery. Read your fucking post again

>You're complaining about how millions of LEDs are going to drain batteries
Yes, because a display has millions of pixels. I neglected to take into account that the parts not displaying information would be black, meaning the LEDs are off. Either way it's dumb, see

You're also neglecting how ridiculously power efficient an OLED screen is. It's so power efficient that they could afford small bits of text and simple flat graphics on the background without noticeable drain on the battery life.

>With yours I need to see the screen and have it close enough to read.
You can see from far that there are notifications, this is a non issue and irrelevant for anybody besides you.

>You're also neglecting how ridiculously power efficient an OLED screen is.
No I'm not, you're neglecting the points I directed you to in this post >You can see from far that there are notifications
Maybe I can see that the screen is on, but can I tell what app the notification's from?

>Maybe I can see that the screen is on, but can I tell what app the notification's from?
You can tell from about 1 meter.
Most people carry their phones with them, the use case that you want to know where you got the notification from and are far away from it is marginal, that is why it isn't in use anymore.

>You can tell from about 1 meter
Which is pathetic.

>Which is pathetic.
But irrelevant to 99.9% of users.
Which is why producers of mobile phones don't bother including it.

I've got one for my Redmi Note 3 and it's a nice thing for poorfags who have cheap phones without always on display.

>irrelevant to 99.9% of users
I'd like a source on that statistic.

i have an iphone and i miss the notification led from my shitty old samsung

>I'd like a source on that statistic.
60% of statistics are made up.

But seriously, you are the first person I ever heard complaining about that and going from my Nexus 4 to my Pixel 2 it was a huge improvement in convenience, I can not imagine anyone willing to swap these things.

>tfw my shitty 3 year old budget Xperia has more useful features than the high end shitphones people scramble to buy these days
Looks like I'm never getting rid of this phone

Attached: 1532412265986.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

>60% of statistics are made up.
I'd like a source on that.
>I can not imagine anyone willing to swap these things.
I wouldn't give up my notification LED if you paid me.

It has been superseded by always on displays.
There is something better already, no reason to continue using outdated tech.

>I'd like a source on that.
That was the joke...

>I wouldn't give up my notification LED if you paid me.
I don't care.
All I am telling you, that something to replace it exists and very few people want it back.
That is the answer to your question.

OP is an autist.

>That was the joke...
And that was another joke...
>I don't care.
I don't care.
>All I am telling you, that something to replace it exists and very few people want it back.
All I'm telling you is that the original is extremely useful and keeping a single goddamned LED doesn't cost that much fucking money and can be used in addition to always on display, instead of it, or not at all.

>a single goddamned LED doesn't cost that much fucking money
It costs a lot of space.
Especially with the trends to bezzelless phones.

>can be used in addition to always on display, instead of it, or not at all.
Apparently nobody, but you, really cares about leds.
Phone companies cater to the broadest audience, not to some special needs.

>It costs a lot of space.
>Especially with the trends to bezzelless phones.
It's not my fault manufacturers are following dumb trends. And an SMD LED is rather tiny, just a slit for it would be better than nothing
>Apparently nobody, but you, really cares about leds.
I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that cares.
>Phone companies cater to the broadest audience, not to some special needs.
I've noticed, there hasn't been a single good phone released in practically four years.

>It's not my fault manufacturers are following dumb trends. And an SMD LED is rather tiny, just a slit for it would be better than nothing
No reason to do so if barely anyone wants it.

>I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that cares.
How large is the percentage?

>I've noticed, there hasn't been a single good phone released in practically four years.
Yeah, but not because it doesn't have LEDs.

I answered your question, what more do you want?

>No reason to do so if barely anyone wants it.
Still waiting on those stats.
>How large is the percentage?
That's a good question.
>Yeah, but not because it doesn't have LEDs.
Right, that's only part of the problem.

Nah mate, much prefer having a bright multicoloured LED that catches the eye rather than have my phone screen always on. Not like OLED has ironed out all the problems yet anyhow

>Still waiting on those stats.
Considering that you are the first person I have ever seen complaining about this significantly smaller then the number of people demanding headphone jacks.

>Right, that's only part of the problem.
No, it made them better.

Again, I answered your question, what more do you want?

Personally switching from a Nexus 4 to a Pixel 2 it was an upgrade.
The always on display is significantly more useful then the LED.

And apparently people agree with me, which is why they are ditched by manufacturers.

>Considering that you are the first person I have ever seen complaining about this significantly
Literally all that means is that you've seen more people complain about the lack of headphone jacks. It may suggest that more people care about headphone jacks than notification LEDs but that doesn't mean more people care about headphone jacks than notification LEDs.
>No, it made them better.
No, it was a severe downgrade. Nothing to gain, something important to lose.

I was a bit bummed to find out Nonia 8 didn't have one. The "glance" screen is a poor replacement for it on non-AMOLED screens.
Not every phone has an AMOLED screen though

How did you come to the point if this becoming a deciding factor? What are you even debating in this thread?
Unironically, fpbp. It seems as though you've identified yourself as their target market.

>Literally all that means is that you've seen more people complain about the lack of headphone jacks
Obviously.

> It may suggest that more people care about headphone jacks than notification LEDs but that doesn't mean more people care about headphone jacks than notification LEDs.
???

>No, it was a severe downgrade. Nothing to gain, something important to lose.
If was an upgrade for me.

>apparently people agree with me, which is why they are ditched by manufacturers.
That's some pretty shitty logic. Take the headphone jack, for example.

>Obviously
>???
In other words it says nothing about the true number of people inconvenienced by the lack of notification LEDs.

>If was an upgrade for me.
No it wasn't

My Xiaomi Mi A1 has a notification LED, and it's a cheap phone. Though it's not RGB, it's just white.

Attached: IMG_20171001_182039-e1506870248881-300x199.jpg (300x199, 7K)

There's a decent chance it is RGB. Some phones use an RGB LED but only use one color. There are programs (that may require root) that give access to the other colors.

W I L E Y F O X
I
L
E
Y
F
O
X

nigga what. my cheapo Sony and Huawei has it.

My LG Stylo 4 has a red notification LED. It's only a $250 device.

My Nexus 6 has one, but it's not enabled in the stock rom for whatever retarded reason. Fortunately, I don't run stock roms.

>mfw RGB notification light on RN3P
>Blue for FB and messenger, Yellow for snapchat, green for whatsapp,SMS and red for gmail
>Move to note 5
>White only LED

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My Galaxy s6 has it and also has an OLED screen. I love the light notification LED

The Xiaomi Redmi 4X has an RGB LED and I paid 120€ for it last year.

>You can only get one app though
I can distinguish Whatsapp/Messenger, Viber, a webcomic app, Calls/SMS/Skype
That's 4 groups, and I could set up more if I cared.