Is this the official Jow Forums anime?

is this the official Jow Forums anime?

Attached: Lains-Second-Navi.png (831x621, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Anniversary_Macintosh
youtube.com/watch?v=o-cwuTmqz8c
wareriver.com/izzysanime/lain_apple.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GPnWdR6Q_g0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you love her user?

Attached: eot.png (1024x1024, 137K)

watching it, and it might very well be. Late 90's is the best time ever for humanity. Peak of civilization.

it's a great anime user, a lot of mindfucks but its good

Yes.

Attached: 1492373712171.jpg (1521x1107, 268K)

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT TIME HAHAHA

And both the cyberia mix and the soundtrack are fantastic

Lain is utterly shit from a tech perspective. It has some pretty cool stuff regarding philosophy and reality, but I think people only like it because it was their first """serious""" anime.

Prove me wrong, faggots.

can't enjoy lain anymore because of all the depressed trannies using her as avatar

Attached: 395197247.jpg (288x252, 27K)

who in their right mind saw lain as their first anime, kys faggot

come to think of it, agent Smith in the Matrix actually says the same thing.

> mobile phones but not smartphones
> no social networks
> free flow of information
> no fucking normies and no fucking memes

fucking legit though.

dude I've seen PLENTY of anime and I still think it's pretty good. Part of it has grown a bit old, but still.

I did. It's the only anime I've seen to completion.

this isnt Jow Forums realted but, i recommend y'all watch devilman crybaby

Attached: 1511988095528.png (2814x3980, 1.33M)

>completion
>10 episodes

kek

THE BEST FUCKING IMAGE LMAO

thats pretty odd desu, and id put my money on it being extremely rare among those whov'e seen lain.

oh my god im at work and i need to download this.

I was never into anime to begin with, but my then gf insisted that I watch some and she picked out Lain for me because she thought I'd like it. We also watched Deathnote afterwards and some other one with some weirdo highschool girl that ends up slashing the "main" character, but I fell off both of these.

How does somebody become this impressionable?

By lurking Jow Forums and not being aware that it is satire, obviously.

The music is very cyberpunk-like sometimes

>macshit
>Jow Forums

if you look at the culture of the time you see that zenith as well, not just anime, but music, movies, computer games

Smith almost breaks the 4th wall for a second, almost looks at the camera when he says the word "prison"

Attached: prison.png (1439x899, 1.32M)

First movie was nice, they crashed with the other two cash grabs and then they dig deeper when they cut their dicks for attention.

thats a nice image board with cool css, but it's pretty slow compared to lain or arisu

This little bullshit cult plagiarized Rewrite and got someone to off themselves. It even doxxed people that tried to reveal it's jewery.

Tsuki is a tranny tho, and Systemspace is a total joke... :/

>is this the official Jow Forums anime?
SEL and Love Live are the official animes of Jow Forums

Attached: maki3.jpg (720x1008, 722K)

>nico nico nii

BUT ITS NOT EVEN TECHNOLOGY RELATED YA NIGGER

Attached: download.jpg (205x192, 13K)

I watched the first like 5 episodes some time ago and it was boring af

>originally inspired by Apple computers of the time
>actually just a denpa series that uses technology for flavor
More Jow Forums than you can ever imagine.

Attached: 1510386115904.jpg (784x588, 67K)

ima have sex with maki

Attached: 001.jpg (3280x2460, 1.18M)

I cannot endorse idolshit in good conscience

What is that post it

I watched LL! because of Makiposters.
It was a good choice.
I guess browsing Jow Forums wasn't for nothing.

The computer? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Anniversary_Macintosh
>released in 1997
>lain aired in 1998

just watched ep1 and thats exactly what i thought of when Lain was using her NAVi

Yes

Attached: 1452561798951.jpg (1024x576, 100K)

/thread.

WHAT'S DENPA? DENPA???? ARE YOU A DARPZ?

Here's an actual list of Jow Forums's official onemoos of choice:
Lain, yes.
GASARAKI.
Armitage III (TV or Polymatrix, NOT Dual-Matrix).
AKIRA.
Texhnolyze.
Ninja Senshi Tobikage.
Generator Gawl.
Patlabor (TV and first two movies, third movie is an absolute garbage and should be avoided like a plague).
Unironically Laputa.
Psycho Pass.
Layzner.
Persona 5 anime ("Day Breakers" pilot + ongoing TV).
Only ORIGINAL BSSM (first season and R, not S or any other garbage beyond that).
Urotsukidouji (NOT Urotsuki).
Knight Ramune series (mainly "Knight Ramune & 40" + "40 & Fire" TV series/OVAs)
Photon.
Iria Zeiram anime.
Cybercity Oedo 808.
Only ORIGINAL Guyver (OVA).
Only ORIGINAL Birdy The Mighty (OVA).
EAT-MAN '98 (original TV series can actually be completely ignored and you can go straight at the sequel since it's drastically different and much better, it's like with Jojo's first seasons)
Darkside Blues.
Fang of The Sun Dougram.
ENTIRETY of VOTOMS (best watched IMMEDIATELY after completing Dougram).
Only ORIGINAL Neon Genesis Evangelion TV run (movies and other material should be completely avoided, including remakes) or/and RahXephon.
Only Blu-Ray remasters of original SDF Macross and Macross 7 back-to-back in one continuous sit (everything else can be completely ignored, even Macross 7 OVAs/Specials, though it's not bad to add them if you know the right order of viewing).
Southern Cross.
Hi No Tori 2772.
Only original first Gundam (a.k.a. 0079) OR Shin Kidou Senki Gundam Wing TV series (or both back-to-back). Everything else can seriously be ignored with no hesitation.
ONLY Bubblegum Crysis 2040 (original OVAs are fine, but not necessary, and everything else that relates to this franchise is trash. 2040 is best offering).
Cowboy Bebop.
Aachi & Ssipak (WARNING: lots of typical and very unorthodox Korean "humor", not for everyone, definite "acquired taste").
Wonderful Days (another significant Korean anime, though done in 3D)
Appleseed.
Unironically Nausicaa.
Dr.SLUMP.

New Game.
Love Live
Nichijou.
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
GochiUsa.
Kiniro Mosaic.

Those are my Jow Forumscore anime.

Attached: 3cd2fca8a214ee51b7532f839c8918509c8576b6800b82d58a7f62c937756032.jpg (794x960, 67K)

how much assembly/c/lisp code is in SEL. Should i learn them to get references, or its more about philosophy?
i respect you and you

yea nico is the best

Attached: 1525455246698.jpg (480x557, 23K)

good point though
the fruit parade fuck up everything
reclaim

honestly, Jow Forums's anime is love live
SEL fits lainchan way more

Jow Forums, why are they so good?

Attached: image.jpg (480x484, 30K)

If you're already a fat fa/g/got you really shouldn't be perma-virgining yourself by watching anime. Ironic Weebs get away with it by looking somewhat good, but anyone on Jow Forums is not doing themselves a favor will their riced desktop and anime girl wallpaper.

What if I'm not fat, not a virgin, don't have anime attributes like wallpapers, figurines and other crap, but genuinely enjoy anime as a media more pleasant, expressive and vibrant that movies and tv series?

>3DPD

what about ghost in the shell (not live action movie)?

>mac

Attached: lain spooked.gif (500x357, 498K)

can i get a quick rundown on that cult
also do people unironically dox themselves to register

Attached: t.webm (500x357, 26K)

some kind of anime suicide cult. 6.5k members before it got shut down. How it worked was a big 24 hour clock would count down to 0, unless someone new joined, causing it to reset. The idea was that when the clock ran out they'd all kill themselves and go to cyberpunk anime world. I believe it was ran by some guy named Tsuki.

Attached: EYE dont try to understand.png (1280x760, 255K)

It used to be, but we live in nu-Jow Forums now.

>3D
>not being a wizard

Attached: varg idiot.png (1100x534, 606K)

>no BPS
shit list

Key the Metal Idol.

THIS. THIS SO MUCH. Cyberia Mix is literally god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-cwuTmqz8c

Attached: good very fuck song metal.jpg (303x99, 14K)

Based and redpilled.

>utterly shit from a tech perspective
can you elaborate? For an anime I think it's as realistic as we can hope for. There's a lot of underlying meanings and references to historical events in the tech world and the beginning of the internet etc. Also we see Lain programming using real languages.

You're forgetting Battle Programmer Shirase.

This looks pretty comfy. I'm joining.

Pseudo sudo-intellectual garbage that was overhyped and over-advertised way out of proportion. Original movie is fine/tolerable, but TV series are absolute-effing-TRASH. Armitage III is 100500 times better by each and every aspect. If you have to know Cyberpunk equivalents, Armitage III is Gibson's Sprawl, hands down. And GITS is a fucking Blade Runner. You decide what's better, but GITS is a fucking kiddie shitshow for toddlers in comparison to Armitage III.
What makes GITS even worse, in all honesty, is that it's creator did WAAAY better works before it, in form of Patlabor for example. Patlabor easily >>>>> GITS by story/scenario structure, character development, and overall quality. The ONLY "good" thing that has ever came out of GITS TV, is SAC's very first Opening. That's all. Everything else in it is utter garbage. And don't you even deafmute me, you shitheads. GITS is a "Mister Robot" of cyberpunk-themed anime. Trash. Just trash.

I'm not forgetting anything, there's was not enough space, that's all. Fucking 2000 signs limit.

I'm grabbing Armitage III, it had better be good.

wareriver.com/izzysanime/lain_apple.html

For full story Dual-Matrix can be watched, but it's garbage. You'll lose nothing if you don't experience it.
As for original, Poly-matrix is same as TV OVA (yes, OVA made for TV), since it's basically a heavily altered and cut movie build from edited TV episodes, but if you want best experience it's best to watch TV only. However, Poly-matrix has quite well done 'murican dubbing with Kiefer-fucking-Sutherland back in the days when he wasn't MGS V-garbage shit, so it can be done too. You'll lose on a lot of content that way, however. It's for you to decide.
I personally prefer to watch TV OVA, then Poly-matrix with Kiefer dub, then Dual-Matrix just once for completion. There's also a manga.

Lol cry about it

>idolshit
nico nico kill youself

This but unironically
I never watched lain and thought it was a boy because of all the stupid fags that use lain as a name or avatar on discord and shit. god i hate discord and steam and everything that people use with avatars. fags.

>why does nobody talk to me

New Game has C++ Programmers
(Gay-me Devs)

Attached: New Game C++.jpg (1061x720, 123K)

C++ master-race

Attached: New Game C++.jpg (1179x810, 164K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error540.png (1108x623, 518K)

Lain is a kami of information and communication, it's only a coincidence that computers use that a lot.

>Appleshiet but no patlabor

Shame

How about Macross plus?
You put laputa on the list so i'd say it fits.
youtube.com/watch?v=GPnWdR6Q_g0

Attached: 10532032.png (447x340, 211K)

Patlabor is one of the first listed

school days

Attached: snapshot_18.05_[2016.07.29_06.35.12].png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

for me it's akarin

Attached: a413f842a36dde6044495f329b58992e.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

No.

These are though.

Attached: 1437822929749.jpg (4655x1056, 1.78M)

>no one has posted Stella no Mahou
tragic

Attached: 1527974885019.png (2560x1440, 703K)

Seems legit.

Ergoproxy have a good scenario, but for me, the history got fucked up halfway through and I stopped watchin

New game is not on the list. There is coding and Jow Forums stuff all over it.

>66877560
What anime was it?

what anime is that?
newfag here

boku no pico

Blame! would be good too.

Kill yourself, at least read the fucking thread.
Lurk 2 years before posting again.

Jow Forums had really good taste.

fuck off you fat cunt

That one episode of Haruhi.

lain
it's birthday was this month so you can watch it and feel special I guess.

Attached: smug lain.jpg (960x686, 46K)