Anything similar but at a much reduced price?

Anything similar but at a much reduced price?

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-095057.png (1440x2560, 510K)

Powerline

Attached: 31ru+JOh2EL._SL500_AC_SS350_[2].jpg (350x350, 12K)

Your phone has wifi built in.

never change Jow Forums

something shit like this

Attached: raspberry-pi-nano-wifi-dongle-3-800x609[1].jpg (800x609, 25K)

How's the connection and speed? Never used anything like it... Currently have cox 300mps download speed

I think my wiring is very old for that
Not as fast as I would like

pcie to minipcie wifi adapter
intel wifi card

If you have coaxial, use MoCA 2.0

If you NEED to use wireless, you need a decent wireless card, cheap options wont suffice for more than 20-30 feet, and if you have hard walls in the way, good luck.

The computer is about 10ft from the modem/router so coverage of distance is unnecessary, I just (gf) don't want any long wires

Run ethernet through the wall.

Apartment, not allowed from the property manager, can't even hang up portraits except with that weird tape clips

Well what sort of throughput do you want?

Also, what is your router?

Just wireless cause we are moving to a house by the end of the year so temporary... It's an arris combo

Okay, usb wifi adapters are cheaper.

>Wi-fi
>On a desktop computer
Get the fuck out of here.

Slap your gf and install some fucking wires. Get a longer wire and you can run them along the skirting board or something.

Again, what sort of throughput do you want, give me numbers.

Do you want 50mbps? Do you want 500mbps? Do you want 1gbps?

And again, EXACTLY what router are you using, without knowing if it's 802.11N, 802.11AC, 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, etc.

50mbps if he lives in america.

Attached: 1526567185950.jpg (740x740, 433K)

sure

Attached: 2018-07-21 14_58_35.png (351x202, 15K)

My cox gives me 300 and my router is arris 2472g

10ft is nothing, route it along the very bottom of the wall and put some sort of cover over it that's either a similar cover to the wall or black shielding or something.

Attached: IMG_20180725_103542.jpg (1280x720, 447K)

With a nicer 2x2 wifi card (like the one in the OP) you should manage full 300mbps assuming there is no wireless spectrum interference in your area.

Your router is 3x3, I have a 2x2 access point, and a 2x2 phone (galaxy Note8) and I can get 400-500mbps throughput from 5-10 feet.

Attached: 2018-06-30 18.22.20.jpg (1149x403, 65K)

Despite its reputation, I've found that newer powerline adapters can work well with older wiring. Try a set and return it if it doesn't work.

They're very easily fucked with, if you have a high current device on the same line, so if you have a circuit with a microwave on it, everytime that microwave runs, your powerline adapter will lose connectivity.

Same with hair dryers and similar.

I have a small window AC (9000 btu) on the same circuit and connectivity is still maintained even when it kicks on. Go figure.

I did a speed test when I connected via ethernet and was getting 750-900mps

then you have 1gbps, not 300mbps.

But on my cox bill it says 300??

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-111418.png (1440x2560, 284K)

Well they're delivering 3x that

Capitalism ho?

Don’t bother with USB shit if you want to utilize your connection. 802.11ac at high bandwidth is not reliable on USB stuff. Either it doesn’t go any higher than 75-150mbps or it just flat out fails after a short period of time. I had two adapters that gave me around 250mbps but then died shortly in like a month, I assume from getting too hot from the heavy usage.

I use the Asus kit that is just a PCIE bracket adapter to miniPCIE with an Intel 7260AC laptop chip and it flawlessly gives me 350mbps. It was like $30, can’t remember the exact model number of the package. PCE-55BT? Or some shit.

Whatever you do, don’t use USB stuff for high bandwidth, no matter what the retards say. It just flat out doesn’t work, it’s all cheap shit that will never give you the performance you need. Just spend $15 more on a PCIE card.

>home automation
$30
>TV +TV Tax
$121
>rental model
>unlimited DATA PLAN
$60

>300 Mbps internet+internet fees
$81

Found the retarded boomer

tfw have to use shitty usb adapters because only have old pci slots. oh well at least they get the job done.
is what im using now, considering i get 5mbit speeds from ISP anyways im not missing out on much.

Fuck that, i pay less than $100 for TV, Phone, and 1gbps internet.

Attached: 2018-07-17 09_19_09.png (1214x1686, 683K)

OP, have you heard of eBay?
I got the model obove that for $25.

cox is shit, so I assume that it's like many of the us based ones where they won't sell you anything over 20mbit unless you have a tv plan.

With Verizon it's actually cheaper to have TV and phone than JUST internet.

For standalone 1gbps is $140/month for an existing customer
but pair that with TV and phone? Suddenly it's $85.

Wrong, you don’t. Don’t know what shithole you live in, but that’s not the case anywhere near me in either states I’ve lived in.

My dirty Mexican father uses it to watch fox news to root for trump and his sports and old movies

>gigabit connection
>Maxed out (940/880)

Attached: 1527441589183.jpg (524x380, 37K)

>mexican
>root for trump
Uh... what?

In reality they provision you 1024/1024 mbps, but the ONT only has an ethernet handoff, and the max TCP/IP overhead of 5.5% gives you 945mbps, so they just call it 940/880 so people don't get upset when they aren't getting the full 945/945.

In reality, you generally get the max.

Does she also force you to piss standing down and to shave your entire body?

*Sitting down kek
Also interesting you put I first... You "both" came to that conclusion. You poor soul

That's what I say!! Doesn't help the fact that he's been drinking two twelve packs of beer a day since 15 years ago. Got fired twice for drinking on the job and blamed Obama for losing it

I sit down after sex to pee cause my erection points too high... We also have a big toilet

as if you'd notice the ~65mbps upload difference and the 5mbps download difference.

Then how the fuck can you sit and pee down. It would be easier to lean like superman to aim down. If you can pee with erection while sitting you can pee while standing.

I lean forward

It’s easier to position your dicc if you’re sitting down because you can lean without having to maintain retard balance. You have to lean forward like michael Jackson to get the same ease while standing.

So lean forward while standing, faggot. Or you (gf) decided this is the best way. Grow some spine and balls. Stop putting pussy on a pedestal.

I blast piss so the few times I've stood and leaned it was like a fire hose

Are you americans so numb to getting assraped by corporations left and right that you basically just bend over nowadays?

This American is.
I suppose there are some benefits to living in a good city. 50/5 @ $95 here.

Are you retarded?

It's not actually capped at that you loon, it's just their advertised speed.

Pic related

Attached: 2017-06-05 17_47_39-.png (303x100, 6K)

Yeah bro blast that shit, let em hear the fire hose

I only ever used much crappier USB antennas and I can say it improves your signal. I'm not dealing with speeds as high as yours so I can't speak for that. But I've went from 1 bar to almost full or full bars of signal.

My house is old as fuck, like naked copper wrapped around porcelain spools old. 10 year old linksys adapters work fine regardless of what other appliances are doing.

I use a pci-e 1x to mini pci-e and use a laptop's network card. You can pick up 802.11 ac cards for 20-30.

How's this?

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-123115.png (1440x2560, 397K)

These 300 mbit n adapters for $3 or a $16 1600 ac + n adapter off ali will do okay.

If your signal is shit and you can't get an antenna on every device (eg smartphone, smart appliances) use a $9-15 ish xiaomi repeater stick 2 or plug. Worked fine for multiple relative's houses.

if you live in the us, they either lock you to 30 unless you bundle or they do where if you don't take tv it's suddenly twice as much.

cable companies would rather you have tv and never use it just to half truth to shareholders.

This, USB shit is fucking trash, there is a reason it’s cheap. Rule of thumb is:

Want good speeds/stability? PCIE/M.2.
Do you simply just want your device to have the ability to use wireless? USB.

Probably okay? Almost 50% on top of what a card costs on ali, though.

> USB shit is fucking trash
No, it works well.

> there is a reason it’s cheap
Production volume?

You realize there aren't too many people who even have a desktop nowadays, and will your ac cards even sell before they're obsolete by the next faster WLAN standard?

Meanwhile USB also can be sold to the other 98% of the possible customer base and even takes up less shelf / container space.

USB WLAN is shit due to lack of thermal dissipation.

Yeah I'm using a cheap USB antenna from eBay (

Why do you want to create a lot of heat and dissipate it?

It's not like you are allowed to put much energy into your transmission anyhow [well, in most nations anyhow].

Good luck with sustained wireless throughput above 50mbps without decent heat dissipation.

Yea, no problem at all, that shit even works on 300mbit sticks never mind the 1200ac ones.

Are you just taking random guesses why USB surely doesn't work?

>tfw 6/3 for $70 in a monopoly zone
>next step up is 9/3 for $120

Attached: lTaLdTTAe0xXA4JJ2zj2I8ip3jpaCsjgw4.jpg (400x545, 28K)

i said sustained, not your pussy ass speedtest bullshit, go download a 100GB torrent at sustained 200-300mbps on anything USB.

I bought some cheapo tp-link card, works fine but the antennas it comes with are garbage. I replaced them both with some hueg ones(also from tp-link)ones and now I have nice, stable and fast connection, never had any problems even when playing online.

never buy manlet dongles, they have range of 5cm around it and even slightest obstacle or just plugging it on your pc's back usb port reduces it by half.

Attached: u_10119361.jpg (1000x887, 72K)

300mbps over air? Do you have your pc right next to the router?

i've gotten 930mbps over the air with a macbook pro.

How? My max is 2.5MBps over 5Ghz network and I always assumed router is the bottleneck. I have WRT1200AC, is that shit tier router or what?

>WRT1200AC
That's a 2x2 router and will generally max out around 400-500mbps even in optimal conditions, and more than likely it'll max out closer to 200mbps.

930mbps was achieved using a 4x4 access point and the Macbook pro uses a 3x3 wifi card.

Pic related all tests were done over wifi.

Attached: c4071432d2f1594afa2ec322505d65d8.jpg (600x968, 77K)

500ft of cat5e is half that price
rj45 plugs are cents a piece

i got a rosewill or something or other for like 20 bux user

lmfao why are you lying

have the 175 mpbs plan and no tv plan .

intel 9260 into an m.2 slot, £20.
1.73 Gb/s throughput if you have something that can use 160mhz bandwidth

How's this one?

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-154223.png (1440x2560, 778K)

It doesn’t though. The device eventually will become damaged often because of the heat from sustained transfer at that rate. Laptop cards can handle it much better, they don’t have that problem. There’s a reason USB wlan is so cheap. It probably gets the advertised speed but it simply does not work as well as an internal card.

Refurb but it will probably be okay.

>with heatsink technology
kek

Have you ever felt one of those adapters while copying something at 250mbps? It gets pretty hot to the touch dude. If I touched the chipset with my bare skin under the plastic I imagine it’d probably burn me.

Is that a meme?

Just stop memeing.

Attached: 180035-n0.jpg (700x410, 47K)

pci wifi cards are inferior to usb wifi cards in every way. pci wifi cards encourage you to use long antennae wires, which degrade signal quality. usb wifi cards encourage you to use long usb cables, which do not degrade quality due to being a digital signal.

if i sat down peeing with a boner my erection would jam into the toilet bowl

how small is your dick?

1/10 made me reply

pci is trash. its for stupid people who think its better. if you knew anything about radio communications youd realize pci is garbage, and usb is superior in every way. but youre a simpleton, so keep buying the bad shit, faggot. just please stop spreading misinformation

7"

Attached: sad_image.gif (640x442, 16K)

>usb, held far away from the computer, has shit heat dissipation

>pci, inside your computer, right next to your fucking gpu, runs much cooler

youre retarded

no you havent

Save your allowance you cheap faggot.

My income goes to the down payment on our house, rent in the apartment, utilities, food, my father and mother live with us and they require nurses while we work... Basically every bit helps and looking for something this week and not looking to save for next month