Would this kind of room be feasible in real world? Practically and financially wise

Would this kind of room be feasible in real world? Practically and financially wise.

Attached: joakim-englander-hackerroom-mlo-joakimenglander.jpg (1920x818, 394K)

>50+ servers
>fuchuge monitors
>VR
I mean, you could get it but it would be way expensive

How far-fetched would be the use case for this room anyways? I gather one does not actually need 10 screens and 50 servers to pull off something one wouldn't do on 1 device, r-right?

If you have no intention of using them, you could buy prop servers for pretty cheap and only get one that you end up using

labgopher.com

>Would this kind of room be feasible in real world? Practically and financially wise.

Absolutely not. Only idiots that don't know what they're doing have their office inside their server room.

this, the noise and heat would be absurd

>feasible
Yes. You could build it, I guess.
>practical
No. Imagine the cooling you'd need for that shit. The cash for all of the servers, UPSes, the dangers of fire, and god forbid you spill your drink in that room or cum in the wrong direction after fapping to your cyberpunk fantasies for hours on end.

Thank you for this.

If you're going to invest in a VR headset why not just use virtual viewports in a 3D (possibly AR) space instead of monitors? Or some kind of intuitive context/viewport switching.

because resolution would be shit

Is this a solvable problem anytime soon?
What I mean is, at what resolution does it become negligible? Are we close to having that display technology (affordable by enthusiasts)?

no and no
Buy a used workstation with an appropriate gfx card if you want to have many multiple monitors that badly.

let's say you want a simulated monitor that's 27" 1440p at 2 feet distance from the "player"
you'd need a headset that has a considerably higher resolution so it can render the screen at the proper res and all the environment around it
it's way too far from what we can currently make right now

Maybe better to just float the windows themselves around at arbitrary scaled resolutions.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 39K)

that doesn't fix the issue that if you're far enough it'll start to look shitty and blurry

yes, it's called "mommy's cellar decked out with broken servers I found wlhile dumpster diving and a 'vr headset' I made myself from cardboard and two iPods"

how do you sync the ipods tho?

maybe if you run a successful website

The heat could be nice if I ever had to move more north.

user, that happens in real life too. I'm sitting at my desk instead of laying down on my bed a few meters away because I wouldn't be able to read this from there.

>How far-fetched would be the use case for this room anyways?
Not realistic. You never put large server racks against walls, it blocks the airflow. That's why you always see them lined up in rows in the middle of giant data centers.

yes, but on real life you don't need a display strapped to your face with unrealistically high resolution so stuff can look passable

Also, having monitors above your natural eyeline is bad for your neck. I'd bet if anyone had that setup, the 4 monitors on the bottom would be the most used ones.

>Unrealistically high resolution
Real life has a much higher resolution. (Molecules are much smaller than pixels.) We're just normally viewing it zoomed out and cropped.

Feet against desk pushing to tilt chair backwards master race.

NO IT WOULD BE LOUD AS HELL

a lot of that could probably be virtualized.

What I'm talking about is that in real life you'll need to be further away from stuff before it starts getting unreadable/looking like shit compared to a VR headset

I probably missed some nuance in the reply chain and thought you were giving reasons why 'moar resolution!" wasn't be the solution.

Noise sure, but the temp might be a benefit in most situations. Every data centers I've walked into have been air conditioned and comfy af. Now, besides noise, the introduction of filth would be another big concern. There is a reason why food/drinks are prohibited in these places.

they're not against walls. follow the ceiling, theres space behind them
god damn pajeet

>dozens of servers inside your office
>not killing yourself after 8 hours of fans running non stop

The chair and monitor setup is pretty realistic, power plant / railway and traffic system control rooms have setups like that (the chairs designed made for 24/7 use).

That amount of servers would cost upwards of a million dollars just to buy them, and probably like 10k a month to run. You'd need industrial grade AC. The noise in that room would be an godless mix of high pitch whines from 20mm rack PSU fans and lower pitch hums larger ones, we're talking in the range of ~60-70dB's.

Also no insurance company would insure that garbage dump, fire hazard red flags are all over. Someone already mentioned junk fucking up the hardware.

So no, it's just fantasy.

t. guy who has spent time in actual server rooms

>but the temp might be a benefit in most situations. Every data centers I've walked into have been air conditioned and comfy af.
The amount of heat the servers produce is staggering. I used to work for a company that heated the walkways in front of their building during winters with just the heat produced by the servers. The tiles wouldn't freeze even when there was -4F outside.

electric bill be off the charts

>10 monitors
>a VR headset
>about 10,000 LEDs
>a pair of fingerless gloves

ez

It depends. Do you want just the general aesthetic or all the functionality? For just the aesthetic you can buy used server racks, gut them, and string up LED lights inside. They'd be purely decorative. Otherwise you'll have poor airflow and massive electrical bills. For the monitors you could just buy one good desktop PC and a bunch of TVs and install Linux where you run 20 instances of htop. Then you add some pizza boxes, garbage, a filthy mattress, an IKEA office chair, and hang yellow tarps from the ceiling. Finding a dimly lit warehouse or basement is the hard part. Don't forget to wear your tard helmet while you smoke menthols like the LARPing nigger you are.

Attached: linux_desktop.png (909x1600, 990K)

This site should be renamed to pleasebuymysocket1366trash.com