/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

For small questions, problems & simple support

Attached: 1532503531599.png (625x773, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=9222
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC7dF9qfBMXrSlaaFFDvV_Yg
lukesmith.xyz/rss.xml
static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en/us/archive/disk_failures.pdf
egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC7dF9qfBMXrSlaaFFDvV_Yg#.xml
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/odbc/reference/what-is-odbc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jow Forums recently my windows 10 install has stopped being able to update
it just does "checking for updates" forever
I googled it & the only thing I found was to stop the update service, go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all files in "DataStore" and "Download" folder.
then start the service again
however this solution does not fix it, it still checks for updates forever and eventually stops
pic related

Attached: updateimg.png (713x186, 10K)

Reposting this but is there any way I can unlock an old phone I forgot the password to? A lot of my information is on there so I need to get it back without a factory reset

Just give it back, Tyrone

If it isnt encrypted plug it up to a computer and pull the data off of it.
If its encrypted just give it back

how do i change volume in i3? my keyboard volume keys aren't working

Try aroma file manager or something similar (also reposted). I have started using backups 3 years ago so idk what the current tool for this is.

what phone is it? you didnt even tell the most important part

What are these?

Attached: 1stax.jpg (2048x1536, 1.55M)

are all x264 decoders the same? As in, do some produce better quality than others just based on the file and no third party filters?

matched transistors, thermally coupled under heatshrink

So it's 2 transistors held together by heatshrink?

yes

What's the best way of using an android phone (galaxy s6) as a pc webcam? I've seen to uee skype/discord, but my upload is shit. I've tried an ip webcam app, but the quality is always pretty bad compared to my phone just normally capturing video. is it possible to get raw camera data from phone through usb?

Attached: chrome_2018-06-10_14-52-40.png (668x906, 968K)

x264 is an encoder library, what you mean is H264
There is only one decoding standard, so they're all the same.

Encoders on the other hand can have some differences.
They all produce valid files, but quality can be different on how well optimized they are.

I'm stuck in a loop here anons.
>have an old email
>got memed into storing all my passwords in LastPass online a few years ago
>scrambled my email password and whenever I needed it I'd open up LastPass
>signed up on LastPass with said old email
>try logging into my lastpass after a year or so
>password was right
>but they want me to re verify using my old email since it's been so long
>can't log into my old email in the first place since the PW is scrambled
>basically I can't log into my email because my password is stored on a program that wants me to sign into said email
>try using the "forgot password" thing on Google
>put in all the correct dates and shit for when I made it, put in the phone number I had tied to it
>Google still doesn't think it's mine
What do I even do?
Yes, I know I was a dumbass.

Guys, I've got a small automation task to do. Pneumatic cylinder activates (using a relay), goes out, goes back and another relay activates a heater for a specific time.
It's a very small industrial application.

I could do the task using Arduino (make a Moore state machine and implement some mosfets and optocouplers for sensors).

Should I use a PlC instead?
I know they are expensive and currently I don't possess knowledge or gear to program them (I would need to pay it).

>cloud based password safe
Whoever thought using something like this was a good idea.

Try the offline cache. lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=9222
Otherwise write their support.

I meant PLC*

Thank you. the heatshrink on mine has opened at the top it that normal (nothing look's burnt)?

can someone make me a visual worm game with java

I'm trying to convert some MP3's into a bin/cue format and mount them an audio CD but all the programs I've used (ImgBurn, PowerISO, UltraISO) just generate files that give me an error saying "Unknown or corrupt image file!" when I try to mount them.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

what's your budget?

It's an lg aristo

Very recently got into FORTRAN in order to use mars-GRAM. The documentation hasn't been touched since 2014 and these commands don't seem right.

Attached: whyisntitdeadyet.png (819x922, 120K)

4 what, potatoes?

god no, im not THAT rich

Attached: 1520992738122.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I am using gnus in emacs and am adding rss feeds but when I try to add a youtube rss feed like this one youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC7dF9qfBMXrSlaaFFDvV_Yg
it says it cant find a rss feed.

It will work with a feed like this though

lukesmith.xyz/rss.xml

I am using G R to add a feed

Attached: animeThinkpad.png (480x480, 226K)

Are some eGPU cases better than others or are they all the same

add "#.rss" to the end of the url lul

Architecture question:
I'm building a simple REST interface with Tornado to query and perform some calculations on data stored on a mongo database.
The router routes to handler classes that are stored in separate files and check what method was used,
My question is should I just put all the code there, or should I call to function defined elsewhere ?

class ApiHandler1(web.RequestHandler):

def post(self):
Should I call PostFunction(data) with PostFunction defined in another file or do the data manipulation within the handler class

def put(self):

def get(self):

Jow Forumsentoomen, how much should I really worry about low HDD temps? My house is quite cold (11ºC last I checked a few hours ago) and my HDDs were operating in the 15-19 ºC (59-66.2 ºF) range. One of them threw a really loud shitfit when I turned my PC on this morning, and all SMART diagnostics show they're fine. Could the cold be fucking my drives up? I've covered my HDD rack with some paper and temps have risen by ~5 ºC. Please advise. Yes, I can turn the heater on if the need arises, but still.

static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en/us/archive/disk_failures.pdf

Attached: ICE.jpg (800x600, 237K)

Make a new recovery email for gmail, or a phone. Use that. That's what I did. Next time use Firefox sync.

i mean #.xml

i can't talk on discord, i can't play most games, as if ports were blocked.on windows 8.

i completely turned off the firewall, switched from wired to wireless, made sure there is no antivirus running,changed DNSs; other people in the house using the same connection have no problems.

how the fuck do i even begin to solve this shit? google was not helping.

I want to be good at technology but I don't get hardware...I'm good with software but I always fail CompTIA 901 idk..I hate myself

Above 0°C and under 50°C.
Ideal temp is 20-30°C.

egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/
Just avoid chinkshit

Is there a command in windows to remove all empty directories from a subdirectory??

That did not work. am I doing it wrog I entered:
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC7dF9qfBMXrSlaaFFDvV_Yg#.xml

Is there a way to make a gmail+youtube account without a phone number? Or should I just fucking give them my phone number.

Attached: 1523007874492.jpg (198x276, 24K)

It shouldn't be an issue if it hasn't shrunk completly at the top, as long as its a close fit around the transistors, ensuring that they touch each other.

update network drivers
update to w10

Seems like this command did it

for /d %f in (*) do rd "%f"

Get a burner

I hate my job and want to get into IT.

I live in the UK and have a BHons in Music Technology,
how do I achieve this?

ffmpeg -i Test.MKV -vf subtitles=Test.MKV Subs.MKV

Want to copy Test.MKV with the subtitles. Problem with Test is the subs are something you have to enable, I need them just on the picture with no option to turn them off. It works for other things but for this file I get this error.

>Could not find codec parameters for stream 2 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified size
>Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

Not 100% sure but i recall having to bind my volume keys though the config.
It's on the arch wiki I think.

what ODBC does?

seems like they are image based subtitles, try using -filter_complex "[0:v:0][0:2]overlay" instead of the subtitles filter

What's the standard procedure when at check out? Can I just use cash?
I hate that everything now requires a phone.

Attached: 1524141452013.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

>removes all security just to check if some meme instant messenger works properly
You're retarded. Check if your router is blocking domains, and reinstall the OS now that there's a good chance it has additional malware.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/odbc/reference/what-is-odbc

is pic related correct or should i use stage3? I don't understand the difference

Attached: image.png (474x78, 7K)

What the hell is this?
>AMD64
>minimal
I assume a Linux distro's minimal installer?

Oh yes. It's gentoo. I was being a brainlet here.

Can I create a randomizer in OpenOffice Calc?
What I want it to do is pick 6 items without repeats from a list with the press of a button.

Alternatively, is there a different program I could do this with?

Attached: passimian thinking.png (725x800, 219K)

This week we got into Graphs in Java and on Monday I've got an exam on them. I have no idea what's happening. Help.

Attached: me_studying_graphs.jpg (1024x577, 94K)

Gentoo is shit and dosent come with the filesystem on the iso. You are also required to have stage3 on your bootable medium. You have to install gentoo then install lstage 3, its asinine i know.
Or
Just use a better os

>Graph theory is hard
ok

Graph theory is simple, solving graph problems for the first time is not... :(

I'm coming for some likely lame ass tech support but it's my problem.
Few days ago my win10 started bluescreening. Usually different errors. I let it try to run a disk scan and blue screened during that. Let it try again and it wanted to try auto repair after 36% scanned and then came back it couldn't repair anything. My harddrive is about 7 years old so I assume it's just dying.

If I get a new drive, get an OS and connect my old drive in, I should be able to recover the one, 28gb folder I have with all the stuff I need. Right? I'm not great with hard ware so this is me trying my best.

Im about to get video drivers for my zbook. should I get the ones from hp or jewvidia? they both seem to have the same verison number the hp one is twice the file size

Do you have another computer around right now?

Yeah but it's a return my dad uses, not great. Though suppose it should work for recovery shouldn't it?

Yes, all you need is a USB and internet.

I'm trying to make a vector library but the rotations are fucking me up. say i have a vector at (2, 2), it's heading is pi/4 rad. If I change the heading to pi/2 rad, it should be at (0, 2) but instead I get (1.7319121124709868e-16, 2.8284271247461903). My question is, how should I handle the rounding error?

How much of an electricity cost increase would there be if I used a low power GPU 12-14 hours per day?

The 1050ti draws 75W at max under full load, but for this case let's assume about 70% GPU usage with spikes to 100% rarely.

USA, Florida, by the way.

Why internet, unless you mean to just look up stuff on how-to do it. I get usb to store the stuff though.

Half way through my second year as a CS major, and haven't learnt jack shit, each unit has only gone into the very basics of a language then moved on.
Taking this into """my own""" hands, looking for some other resources to drain all of my spare time into.
As far as recommendations go, what are some staples / must-reads? I hope to spend hundreds of hours hitting the books before the end of the year, but I have no idea what's good & what's shit.

You will need internet to download stuff to recover your data.
Linux Mint Cinnamon for example.

You dont need to install Linux but it will let you go through your files.

user from the last thread with the files not showing up for a second when accessing folders problem here.
I've adjusted the power settings to not turn off the harddrive, run disc disk check and drive health report with everything saying its normal and its still happening.
Should've said I have two disc drives and its only happening with my data drive with my documents ect on it

how do i remove the stupid ethernet boxes from my task manager

Attached: Taskmgr_2018-07-25_15-39-24.png (241x671, 12K)

Disable the adapters linked to them.

does qbittorrent contain spywares/ip sniffers? is deluge better than it?

Does the amount of stuff in my freezer affect how much energy it uses? Assuming everything has had a chance to come down to whatever temperature the freezer is at obviously.

My assumption is that it wouldn't make a difference since the freezer just has to compensate for whatever heat seeps through the insulation and the stuff inside it wouldn't really affect that, but not sure if I'm not accounting for something.

what's a good place to git gud at intermediate SQL? I've begun to use over and cool joins but I need practice.

Neither is very good. qBittorrent's performance is shit and Deluge's interface kinda sucks and its default Classic mode will eat 10% of your CPU doing nothing, (it works fine in daemon mode, though.)
If you're not really big into torrenting then Deluge would be fine for the occasional download, though.

It's open source so in theory it shouldn't, I mean it's a well known enough piece of software that you'd think they'd catch that kinda stuff.

As for which is better I've seen benefits and downsides to both really. I find the biggest downside for me is that qBit has relatively high memory usage if you set disk caching to auto, and if you don't let it allocate a lot of memory to disk caching it will just not seed very well at all. Also if you start it up and it can't find a file you were seeding (because it was moved or deleted or whatever) it will immediately start redownloading it without prompting which can be annoying, especially if you are using private trackers and are worried about your ratio or something.

I've found it to be one of the better options after uTorrent started getting blacklisted though, and have been using it since then well enough. Though my choice to use it had more to do with the fact that it was the easiest client to automatically migrate to (the Deluge auto migration script didn't work for me)

What I've always been taught by my dad, and it seems logical, is it is better to keep it full, even if it's jugs of water that you freeze because a cold item keeps it's temp better than air does. So a freezer that is full will need to be on less.

What are the differences between Python 3.6 and Python 3.7? I'm learning from learnpythonthehardway.org/python and it says it is teaching 3.6. Should I just download 3.6 and avoid 3.7 for now?

There's no difference for a beginner. Learn the newest thing always especially at first, don't be outdated that's how you'll become irrelevant.

I believe it uses slightly less electricity when full. Air can freely move making it a somewhat good medium of heat transfer through convective currents. You also have less cold air mass to lose each time you open the freezer.

I want to buy a purple LED bulb on eBay, but I want it to be precisely 415 nm purple. How do I verify the bulb I get is 415 nm and not lower?

Attached: 1531128744802.jpg (512x336, 41K)

>qbittorrent
It does not.
>deluge
It does not

If you need a no features frilless torrent client then use transmission. If you want a built in search client to scrape all the torrent sites then use qbittorrent. If you want rss use deluge.

The %appdata%\Mozilla folder that I had saved still has Imgur's old design.
Is there a way to track down which part of the browser handles that?

I remember reading that you could put Youtube's old layout by just messing around with the Developer Tools' Storage Menu.
The thing is that I don't want to forget that I have this, clean my cookies by accident and go back to the horrible current design that the page uses, so I want to back it up.

The new layout is ugly and slow, just like Youtube's.
Can someone please help me?

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x708, 1.04M)

Attached: 1508250308171ss.jpg (124x120, 18K)

theres a chance it is handled via cookies totally, in which case a grease monkey script to automatically create the proper cookie would be enough to make the site serve you the legacy layout

How do I become good with technology?

take 30mg instant release adderall every 6 hours

Attached: 1517677582886.jpg (522x756, 39K)

What's a good non-gaymen ATX case ~50$ that has a filter and a slot for a CD drive?

Attached: 1528574722939.jpg (230x230, 18K)

>newegg.com
Search Filters
>price:$50
>form factor: ATX
>5.25inch slots:1

HAF-X

Is it a good idea to buy refurbed PC parts from China off of Newegg?

Not at all.

Attached: Jackpot.png (839x23, 2K)

build your own out of aluminium and wood. If you don't like the way wood looks, paint it.

Why not? Does Newegg not have a good return policy?

Corsair 100R