pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: g0gmv1a.jpg (700x525, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6CthKB
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
pcpartpicker.com/list/q3MBTB
youtube.com/watch?v=ijSSeXzwRXY&t=0s
amazon.es/gp/product/B00ALK46WC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=CdeMZuQDIR8
amazon.es/gp/product/B00D5FC636/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=a-oPiYJFcl4
digitalstorm.com/
bowser-custompc.us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is already a new thread

>recommending vega
Shit OP

Sorry Vega h8er shill.

>giving balanced recommendations
What's wrong with that? Only thing missing really is the 8400 absolute budget recommendation.

Attached: 1528175168621.png (1845x1371, 746K)

Hello poorfag here,

Is it wise to buy pc components part by part over a span of time, say by the end of the year?

Right now id like to buy the case first and the gpu last. I also saw a cheap second hand auros ultra that was barely used as the owner said he prefers shilltel and decided to switch.

I also saw some cheap preowned ram online as well.

The only brand new parts ill likely buy is the gpu, psu and cpu. I already have pleanty of storage from my old devices

If /pcbg/ approves, which order should i buy my parts?

If you're not in a rush then it's not a bad idea. Gives the option of hitting up sales and secondhand bargains.

>OC'ed vega is almost always worse than stock 1070ti
Thanks for agreeing that vega is shit with your post

My thoughts exactly! I feel better now about my decision

It depends on the game

Attached: Vega56.png (1200x945, 80K)

>4 out of 9 is almost always
What did he mean by this?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6CthKB
How's my build /g ?
Looking at a mini itx for 1080p ultra
>Dat small white cube aesthetic
>Being a leaf sux
Fucking incompetent pm

Attached: FB_IMG_1530325911742.jpg (602x533, 26K)

>mini itx
>amd gpu
Probably gonna melt if you turn it on

Given the fact it breaths from directly outside the case, the GPU would get more air than most ATX enclosures.
Pretty solid build. Always a toss up between a 580 and a 1060 6gb, the 1060 would be better on power consumption but I guess the 580 gives access to freesync which would be handy for stupid high ultra settings. Pair either one with a 1080p@75hz monitor would be a good match.

Should I go for the Samsung b die ram for ryzen or is that just an autism requirement?
Is it worth the wait for the b450 boards coming out soon too?

Attached: 1529602946859.png (554x400, 305K)

>Should I go for the Samsung b die ram for ryzen or is that just an autism requirement?
It's not an absolute requirement and any 3000mhz CL16 will be plenty fast for the most part, but B-die is a good option for the $20-30 premium if you can adjust other prices. I'd buy B-die, but it's not be all end all.
>Is it worth the wait for the b450 boards coming out soon too?
If you were to omit the aftermarket cooler and upgrade your 2600 to a 2600X, the native PBO support on the B450 would be worthwhile in my opinion.

Looking good but I'd save up for a SE-AM4 NH-U12S or NH-D15 and a B-Die kit, the SG13 has slightly more airflow but you might want a smaller PSU
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk

I didn't notice it and wrote the same thing. We'll come back to this one later

The nh d15 is a huge cooler tho, not sure if it would even fit
Is the nh u12s better than the nh d9L ?

Attached: 1531514103516.jpg (835x773, 333K)

> sticky recommends vega 56 but not the 64 for 1440p gaming

Why though?

the motherboard im looking to get has DDR4-1866 / 2133 / 2400 / 2666 / 2933 / 3200 memory types, which one should i get? i was gonna get 2800 but it doesnt seem to be on the list

The 64 is a myth

ha ha, shit, now I'm even more confused

Yes a lot better and it comes with the AM4 mounting kit

Because the full 56 compute units on the 56 aren't fully utilised, let alone another 8.only other thing separating the 56 and 64 is the bios imposing a 300w limit.

Reposting from last thread. Is windows 10 pro good for a brainlet gaymer like myself? Another question if I get an OEM will W10 be permanently attached to my motherboard forever and if so can I remove it if I wanted to? Also if I ever want to use another OS will I be fucked? Ty

bump mcbumpface

Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities

Are rx570's worth it used from ebay? they go for around 200$

>Which order should i buy my parts?
Case, mobo, cpu, ram, psu, gpu

If I have a old shitty 120gb SSD, would it be worth it to upgrade to a Samsung 860 EVO NVME m.2?

Probably not.

bump

So I am in a bit of dilemma
Should I build a brand new ryzen build around the 2400g and use the igpu for gaming.
Or get a used dell workstation t3500 with Xeon processor and buy a new GTX 1050 ti.
Both ways cost exactly the same for me.

Attached: _kasumi_pokemon_pokemon_anime_and_pokemon_classic_anime_drawn_by_toku_ke7416613_81882e96bad206ca7edc (670x985, 384K)

Is ryzen some vodo magic or something?
It sounds too good to be true what's the catch?

>buy pic related (xms3 2000 12gb kit)
>Install, setup
>PC reboots on windows splash screen
>pcpartpicker.com/list/q3MBTB
I've tried it with and without my OC, also just installing without setting up bios. Evga website only has a few 2000mhz listed as compatible and xms3 is not one of them.
Am i fucked? I've never had an issue with ram being incompatible unless it was the wrong dimm. Pls help

>what's the catch?
Ryzen needs fast memory to perform well.

You can get away with slower and /attempt/ to OC.

Sure but you still need fast memory, doesn't matter if you try to OC standard 3200 CL16 or buy expensive CL14 b-die.

>delicious X58
Sorry I can't help you bro, but I wish you luck

Xeon + 1050 Ti will perform better during gaming but 2400G on B450 is better for future upgrades. Pick your poison.

if you go xeon that better be a LOW PROFILE 1050 ti

Daily reminder 1050 3GB exists and has more coarz than the 2GB but only 96 bit memory width.

consider RAM prices too
Ryzen without fast RAM is a deliberate bottleneck

Does Samsung have international warranty regarding their SSDs? I'm going to the States soon and would love to get some from there and flip them back home. Should get me enough in profits to buy a next gen GPU.

Daily reminder Nvidia is anti-consumer garbage

I have the 2600x with ram at 3000mhz. Is that ok?

Yea, you'll likely just have to experiment with tightening the timings.

Ryzen without b-die is not worth it

lies. Buildzoid found you don't need B-die.
youtube.com/watch?v=ijSSeXzwRXY&t=0s

E-die comes close, but is only 4 GB per DIMM.
The B-die RAM @ 3333 MHz is still 10% ahead in GPU score of the non-B-die RAM @ 3000 MHz, all other factors equal.
If the price difference between B-die and non-B-die makes up less than 10% of your build, it seems worth it to me.
t. armchair overclocker

>300w

Ty. It's a very nice board, I just wish I could use my faster ram

Forgot pic.
Also I've updated to latest bios so that's not it

Attached: 20-145-326-03.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Only way ryzen can compete with intel is by adding b-die.

First of all, I know I'm retarded and I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Now, I have a question. I want to upgrade my GPU and get a new one. My current setup is pic related, with amazon.es/gp/product/B00ALK46WC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as the PSU.
I was planning to get a gtx 1070 or even 1070 Ti.
I know the CPU might do some bottleneck, but I don't care cause I plan to slowly upgrade everything anyway.
My main question is, can the motherboard support the 1070? Is the PSU enough or whould I need another one?
I know a new gen might come out ''soon'', so I plan to wait for the prices to drop a bit. Should I then get a 1070 + a new power supply?
Or say fuck it and go for a new gen of more or less the same price?
The budget is of around 550€, could go up to 600 if I had to.
I'm focusing on the GPU cause it seems is not enough for the last games. Even those that are CPU heavy (I play mainly RTS) seem to be too much for the gpu to handle them.

Attached: 642624413.png (827x616, 39K)

The PSU is shit. Still, a 1070(Ti) should be fine with 500W PSU. Mobo will support it although I suppose it will bottleneck the GPU if it's PCI-E 2.0 only.
>Or say fuck it and go for a new gen of more or less the same price?
Depends on whether you need more than what you have, really. But currently it's a good time to upgrade.
RAM and SSD prices have come down a bit and are stable. CPUs, especially AMD, are currently very competitively priced.
GPU prices are almost back to MSRP and with the 1180 around the corner when Nvidia missjudged the market and now has too large GPU stock expect sales.
If you have the money, something like 2600X + 1070Ti until september should be a good buy.

i5 8400 is garbage unless you spend extra money on a Z370 board.
Ryzen 5 2600 is better for the money.
youtube.com/watch?v=CdeMZuQDIR8

>2600 is better for the money
joke of the day

Nah some b360 boards allow you to tighten timings at 2666 which makes it viable.

B360 boards are what holds back the 8400. Watch the video.

>Mobo will support it although I suppose it will bottleneck the GPU if it's PCI-E 2.0 only.
I don't know how to check it. This is the motheaboard amazon.es/gp/product/B00D5FC636/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My plan was to replace GPU and PSU around black Friday, expecting slightly cheaper prices. Then motherboard and probably CPU, around January.
Then a new monitor and 16GB of RAM later that year.
> until september should be a good buy.
You mean it would be unwise/worse to buy after September? Why?

>i5 8400 is garbage unless you spend extra money on a Z370 board.
He specifically said that it's most likely due to some issue with his mobo and literally the first comment is from HWU confirming exactly that.
It's a faulty mobo and that vid proves nothing, good job not watching your own video.

z boards are like $20-30 more and 3200 ram $5 more anyways. 8400 btfos 2600 either way

Daily reminder Nvidia fine wine is now.

>I don't know how to check it.
By READING. 99% of peoples problems could be so easily be solved if they'd just opne their eyes and read what's in front of them
>1 x PCIe 3.0 x16
How did I figure that out? I search for PCI in the product description, like 60 seconds worth of time.
>unwise/worse to buy after September?
This concerns the GPU only. 1180 will arrive probably in september and is most likely going to be more expensive than the 1080Ti but also better.
This is a wild guess, prices may go down or go up but if Nvidia sells this at like $900 imo many people will opt for 1070Ti or 1080, buy up Nvidias exceed stock and force prices up.

Which mobo is better for my i7 8700 ( non k ):

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G

OR

ASUS PRIME Z370-A

>buying 8700 non k
>buying a Z370 for it
kek

I built a PC last week and the CPU temp is sitting at 47-53° idle. Should I be worried? It's 32C/90F outside so I expect higher temps but I'm not sure if this is normal. It's a 2600X with the Wraith Spire stock cooler.

Attached: 1525961818406.jpg (367x446, 41K)

Daily reminder the 1050Ti is garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=a-oPiYJFcl4

Cheapest z370 honestly

Remember when 16GB of ddr4 sets were like ~$85? Is the price inflation also the cause of crypto miners? I ask this because the price didn't inflate for 6 months after the crypto miners blew up the price of graphics cards.

Attached: jay jat the jet plane.png (361x320, 91K)

>good GPU is garbage because miners fucked up the price
Tell me where Nvidia has touched you.

Oh look. B450 boards are available.

Too bad they are all shit except expensive msi's.

Should i get a b360 board then? TUF B360 PLUS GAMING or TUF B360 PRO GAMING

still better performance the B360 and H370

no

Why not they are cheaper? Or H370 board?

Since you are going with high end cpu it would be a waste getting b360. Just spend a little more for a cheap z370 that can run your ram at 3200.
B450 doesnt offer anything more for a midrange cpu 2600/x that b350 doesnt offer. The point was to make it handle 2700/x and next gen but it cant.

>TUF
>Why not they are cheaper?
They are cheaper for a reason, they are shit, but they are still more expensive than non RGB fiesta mobos.
100% Asus has at least one mobo with the exact same layout, VRM and cooling without gaymen features for at least 10% cheaper.

How about Asus prime Z370-P? Will my i7 8700 reach turbo speed? I read that this mobo has bad vrm.

>8700
>Z370
LOL

Oh come on now, every user gives me different advice.........

Get the maximus hero or aorus gaming 7 or taichi if you don't dig rgb

I think almost any z370 will let it hit turbo speed. The thing that will hold it back is the cooler. As long as you have an aftermarket one you can get boost clock regardless of the board

My video card keeps shutting down during load. It doesn't overheat so I think it's a power issue. Is there a way to stress test a PSU just to make sure? I don't have another computer available to test the parts.

Do you have any idea about the chipsets and what they do? No? I suggest you look into that.

I have the same with the stock cooler

Thats high. Whats your temps under load? Probably lost the lottery desu senpai.

i just want to buy something from cyberpower but their towers look like
shit mostly. what do i do?

Attached: 1532548384103.jpg (490x437, 63K)

Is there a reason to not build your own? What deal do you think is so great?

im lazy and dont want to spend all day ordering parts. plus they do have good deals sometimes

If you don't want to build your own then settle for one of those prebuilt systems, pay up and live with it.

Buy from a different prebuilt maker. Cyberpower and ibuypower are garbage.
Look at Digital Storm, and Bowser.
digitalstorm.com/
bowser-custompc.us/

Or hell, Dell has a decent prebuilt Inspiron Gaming tower in both Intel and AMD flavors.

>tfw no hamster cage PC case

It hurts bros...

Temperature peaked at 66° after 15 minutes of running the AIDA64 benchmark. Am I gonna have to try to RMA this thing or are these temps acceptable? Please keep in mind it's an outrageously hot summer day.

Attached: AIDA64.jpg (1086x421, 98K)

For comparison: I have a 1600 + NH-U14S in a R5 case with 3 in 1 out fan config, it's ridiculously hot and normal usage, youtube etc. it's running between 36-46°C.
Though I need to clean the dust filters again. Considering you're on stock cooler and have the 2600X those temps may be normal. What's your case and fan config?

I have a be quiet Pure Base 600 case with just the stock fans, 1 in and 1 out. The case comes with an integrated fan controller switch on the outside of the case which is set to max.

thanks ill check it out