Dwm is breddy gud - did anyone go around making something to ease drag and drop of files, though?

dwm is breddy gud - did anyone go around making something to ease drag and drop of files, though?
also lol, alt + click allows a window to be moved, in a tiling wm.

Attached: dwm-20100318.png (1280x801, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chneukirchen/cwm
twitter.com/leahneukirchen
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA1dBJ3AqUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I could never get it to work, after I compile and run it, none of my keys did anything. Awesome and i3 are better

i wish package managers simply packaged the source code for this

sure, some of them do but not all of them.

i prefer calm window manager

I heard i3 is basically a clone of it, is that true? What does one offer over the other? i3 seems much more popular.

how do you know what windows you have opened, with no taskbar or titlebars? i don't understand

>open a window
>forget about it
Why do you do this? Did you not have a purpose for it in mind when you opened the window in the first place?

>tiling wm
dmw is supposed to be a dynamic window manager, supporting both tiling and floating (just like i3, spectr, franken, awesome, ...).
while they are geared towards tiling mostly, you can move around windows manually if you wish to.

this, cwm is bliss

big problem though is that when i can't use openbsd, no linux distro has an updated version.

I juggle between XFCE and i3wm, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

You could get the source and compile it yourself.
github.com/chneukirchen/cwm
btw, this is maintained by leah neukirchen, formerly called christian neukirchen twitter.com/leahneukirchen :^)

i wonder what how this was actually modified? i'm gonna try to use CVS and pull it directly from the openbsd server instead

There are patches out there to add functionality too.

I emailed the suckless founder about which laptop he uses. He uses Dell XPS 13 apparently

i3 is more popular because configuring a file and restarting is easier than editing the source + compiling.
there is a titlebar, at the top. there is a small white square indicator over the number, at the upper left corner, above the numbers (workspaces).

No problems here
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA1dBJ3AqUA

Attached: ss.2018.07.23.12:30:56.png (1366x768, 184K)

I never use the patches, is that wrong of me?

I can't get copy and paste to work in st, it only works in urxvt. I think mksh and st don't go together well

lol no tray

unreadable colored text

Why is this shit so lopsided? it doesn't look straight wtf

t.

Attached: 1514337071020.png (644x500, 66K)

ayo show me your dwm setup. I'm thinking of switching haha

>if i'm too stupid to figure it out, so is everyone else
How do you function on a day to day basis?

>alt + click
>alt

>ease drag and drop of files
what

>i3 is basically a clone of it,
not even close

you usually have 1 window [M]
tiling is for fags

>(((franken)))
kek

arc colors for dwm

static const char normbordercolor[] = "#666666";