What went wrong? It was great compared to Facebook and other social media sites. Lots of customization and easy to use...

What went wrong? It was great compared to Facebook and other social media sites. Lots of customization and easy to use. Compare it to something like tumblr, which is fucking impossible to use or read conversations unless you have ADD.

Attached: myspace.png (728x380, 72K)

i was in high school when myspace was the thing. long story short, it was ruined by assholes

>open someones page
>full volume post-hardcore starts playing

myspace was written in php and using mysql
it was headed by b and c level developers who in turn, invited their d and e friends.
it started in shit and ended as you expected it, in a dumpster fire

>implying thats a bad thing
now its
>opens someones page
>oh it looks exactly the same, no creativity

this.
literally everyone had a myspace. "myspace me" was a common phrase.

It was ruined by the stupid ass modular redesigns instead of keeping the simple circa '06 look forever and just updating performance and anti annoyances.

The names say it all:
Myspace -> "My space" -> "Your own little webpage with commenting/friends functionality"
Facebook -> "Face book" -> "A directory of people with their face being the primary identifier"
Guess which one is easier to exploit for data mining / advertising? In the end, whoever can exploit data mining and advertising on the internet the best wins.

There was actually a time when Facebag was better and not the jewry shit it turned into.

Yeah that was a huge problem with it.

That and honestly it was getting worse when they tried to do auto comment features and had nothing ground breaking as it went on.

>remember me

Attached: index.png (187x186, 2K)

custom css layouts that broke many profiles with ugly colors

Big bands promoted their music and talked to their fans until they found better platforms

Everyone started deleting Tom from their friends list

Were you actually around for early FB?
Myspace was like a personal webpage collection. Facebook was an actual social network, and prior to ~2013 your feed wasn't littered with people sharing stupid political stuff and stale memes from pages. Now when you scroll it's almost entirely ads and shared videos.

And left-to-right scrolling pages, why?

btw is JT still the owner?

Yep. Remember when you could list your courses and find others in your class?

Fuckin'.... not anymore.

I 'member!

faceparty = too many pedos, became pay-to-fuck
facewhore/profilenation = too many pedos
myspace = too many pedos and shitty bands

There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile.

Funny , I heard of it but everybody at the time was using BEBO in Ireland

Zuckerberg hired Tom. Myspace was at the end just about music, FB new gossiping thing what the others shits smells like, now corporate based big bro crap.

I wonder if there's a term for a phenomenon where the innovator loses out to the copier (or refiner depending on how you spin it).

At the time of the big switch, Myspace's key selling points of customisation felt like a weakness. It felt childish and Facebook felt "professional" and mature.

>remember I had a blog in college
>sign in just to see how it looked
>account is still there, but no blog
What the fug, Jewgle deleted it.