What is Jow Forums's television of choice? Thinking of getting the Samsung NU8000? Anyone else use this?

What is Jow Forums's television of choice? Thinking of getting the Samsung NU8000? Anyone else use this?

Attached: Screenshot_20180725-202127~01.png (1080x989, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-led-mu6290-series-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr/6028900.p?skuId=6028900
bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-led-x720e-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/5875600.p?skuId=5875600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I recently sold my Sony X930E. I'm going to buy an LG C8 OLED around Black Friday when the price drops. I can't deal with LCD's shitty blacks any more.

Hisense is currently the best quality/reputation for the money. It's the AMD of televisions.

I'm wondering if 4k is worth it in general.

it's pretty good from what I've read
well, how much do you use your TV and how much 4K content do you have? For example a true 4K PC is still very expensive and if there are 4K movies and shows there are most of the time expensive and/or not truly 4K

I use my TV as a monitor and all I do with my computer is shitpost on Jow Forums, watch tv shows/movies and occasionally do work-related stuff. That's like 4 hours a day, minimum.

Currently I have no 4k content, but I have like 10TBs of extra HDD space and access to 4k content.

since it's your main device for entertainment and work a better screen could be worth it
the resolution is a big benefit, but you also should look out for things like HDR that will make the picture even better
but to be fair I'm pulling most of this out of my ass and I have rarely seen 4K HDR content, so I have to evaluate if it's worth it or not myself too

On a related note, could a 4k TV be worth it if I want to edit photos? I know an actual monitor would be worth it but the price of a TV is a better band for the buck.

I'm not the guy you responded to but my biggest beef with 4k is the storage space. I don't want to HOLD ON to 10 movies that take up an entire drive when I hardly watch them.

I'm afraid if I actually see a 4k movie all the way through I will never be able to look at 1080p the same and will HAVE to start rebuilding my collection in 4k.

enjoy the burn in cuck

Attached: OLEDisafailedtechnology2.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Obviously I'll have to do research on this as well. It is a significant investment, I mean if I'm buying a new TV (current one's 42"@1080p), I'm gonna go according to THX recommendations, which means 65" 4k OLED. It's gonna set me back like $2000 at a minimum.

for editing your main focus should be on color accuracy, and yeah 4K can be benefit for that too

You're right about that. The main issue I would face with a TV would be the color accuracy. It probably wouldn't be accurate even if it's calibrated.

Would he really be able to edit on a tv size screen?.

I would assume you want to be as close to the screen as possible to see the actual pixels but if you're close enough to a tv to see the pixels then you're going to be swinging your head all over the place in order to see each part of the picture/screen unless you want to do a shitload of dragging of the working area to your current eyeball fixed location.

lg b8

I'm not retarded, so I won't have any. Enjoy never seeing black.

I'm the guy he replied to. Yeah, the storage space thing is a bitch, but it's exactly the same situation when HD video rolled out: the required space for content rose by a factor of ten. I just checked, the situation is pretty much identical now, as HDD prices have fallen by a factor of ten since then as well.

>2009 -> 2018
>1.5TB drives ($270) -> 10TB drives ($350)
>1080p movies -> 2160p movies
>8GB files -> 75GB files

Hoarding cutting edge material has always been expensive.

There is no point in cutting edge anymore though. Noting released in the past decade, currently being released or about to be released matters. 4k is a meme as is 8k and whatever consumer retardation is about to be a (((real game changer.))) No one is interested in seeing zits on actors faces. The uncanny valley has been reached. Its clearly time to abandon cutting edge as HD is arguably superior visual aesthetic.

>Noting released in the past decade, currently being released or about to be released matters. 4k is a meme as is 8k and whatever consumer retardation is about to be a (((real game changer.)))
You sound like a poorfag. You're painfull wrong too.
>1) the difference between 1080p and 2160p is the difference between your current monitor and the digital movie projector at the cinema
If you're saying there isn't a tangible difference, you need new glasses.
>2) 8k is going to be the game changer for VR
That's self-explanatory.

Sony X900F

Attached: 1442030280195.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Was looking at the X830F.

>t. Consumer whore.

Attached: such-insight-wow.jpg (566x357, 99K)

Worth it if you watch lots of 4k movies or videos.

This
Your retarded.

>retarded
You are free to point out where I'm wrong. No, wait, your post is an emotional response.

looks like a good buy

surprised it can do 1440p@120hz with 240hz BFI

>implying your post wasn't consumer sentiment induced via advertising
>and/or
>t. teenager living in parent's house with a bedroom that shares a thin wall with sister's forcing movies to be watched with eyeballs no more then 6' from a kinotastic 4k screen.
>could also t. poorfag that purchases affordable trendy land fill fodder to brag about
Which is t. is it?

I don't own any TV at the moment. I have a 27" 1440p monitor and considering a 4K 32" upgrade.

Currently using an AF8. Can’t really get better than this.

is rtings.com a good TV review site?

I just bought a Funai for $400. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good brand.

It's amazing how many tvs are now 4K and WIFI ENABELED! Fucking 4K is such a meme. Of course the store had some beautiful 4K videos playing, but it's not like blurays or basic cable are in 4K. I probably saved at least $1,000 by getting a regular HD tv.

4K is a meme, and only exists because HDR is the real improvement.

AFFORDABLE MICROLED TV WHEN

tcl

I guess 2022 at the very least

TCL Xess X2 easily.

the price/performance ratio is insane,

in germany it is available for 899€ and the quality you get is insane, 103% dci-p3 quantum dot color reproduction and 192 zone dimming zones

Hisense is trash

Panasonic > Sony/Samsung > LG/TCL for top 5

FUNAI is a good budget brand (they are the OEM for Philips, Sanyo and Magnavox), stay the fuck away from Emerson, Hisense & low end Vizio or LG sets because they cut corners.

I had some kind of 55" LG 4K HDR TV with an IPS panel fall into my lap a few months ago and it's pretty alright.
Picture quality is great, though it obviously struggles with black levels in a dimly lit room as a consequence of not being an OLED panel. Having Netflix built into it is very convenient.

The Hisense U9A is the best LCD TV that money can buy. It has FALD with 1056 zones, which is more than any TV in history. Their mid-range stuff is okay for the price too.

Doesn't Samsung have issues with ripped BD because some weird reason?
Think I've read something..

Anyone have the Samsung Q6F?

Have a 50 inch middle class LED TV Samsung from 2016. I don't need anything more. Who needs OLED if Outer Limits and Stargate SG1 looks shit in 480p anyway? I guess when this TV breaks in 10 years I get OLED for up to 1K.

I wouldn't buy non 4K unless you are (really) poor and would only have 100-200 €. Then I would just get a monitor.

I use my TV as a large screen. Its not connected to any TV network and will never be. I download my content or stream it. Currently at 16 TB total capacity, if its completely full I will get a 12 TB, but I wish there would be just a 20 TB Ironwolf. I would spend 500 € for one.

Attached: Al'Kesh (20.07.2018).jpg (3840x2160, 3.02M)

i’m on my third 615 because the last two had terrible uniformity and i still haven’t gotten one that doesn’t suck

the worst part is i paid less than $600 for it and there isn’t a single alternative that isn’t either a significant downgrade or almost twice the price

Attached: 1F1D4D78-5459-4572-9FDC-DA500F18B101.jpg (1242x914, 899K)

>samshit
enjoy your defective panel

>samsung

Attached: 88.jpg (474x457, 23K)

I’m deciding between this or the Vizio P series. Is Vizio reliable?

>a tv

Attached: consu.png (197x511, 93K)

What's the cheapest 4k true hdr that I could buy? Just looking to play my Xbox one x and ps4 pro in the highest quality it can give

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-led-mu6290-series-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr/6028900.p?skuId=6028900

Anything in the 55"?

Sony are really good. But do go in and check what they have before you buy.
bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-led-x720e-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/5875600.p?skuId=5875600

600 bit much, was thinking 400

You can cheap out if you want a shitty TV but if you want something that will last over a decade then get something good. Otherwise get a shit samsung.

Does the Sony have 120hz?

Attached: Screenshot_20180726-144143.png (1440x2560, 475K)

Why is there so much hate for Samsung’s?

Attached: Screenshot_20180726-145922.png (1440x2560, 479K)

user why is there a dildo on the bed?

>pick shit model
>act surprised
The NU8000 doesn’t have these issues

Definitely getting this on black Friday

Attached: Screenshot_20180726-151259.png (1440x2560, 520K)

chinkshit trash

no, if you want reliable there is only sony

televisions are disposable items now

If you don't need 4K, a used Kuro. You won't find a better 1080p picture
If you need 4K, a Sony. Don't be fucking cheap when buying something you use frequently. Build quality + color accuracy matter

Attached: pioneer-kuro-fbig.jpg (3145x1745, 727K)

I would just get the Sony 9xx or A8 series today, plasmas are like a 64 core bulldozer it could be nice to have but they are missing certain critical features like freesync that would put them in the untouchable league.

Motion on plasma is crisp as fuck but frame skips and frame dips are jarring and will give you a kind of motion sickness if you can't maintain a steady frame pacing, the screens have inherent memory and does a global instead of a rolling refresh so you absolutely need good equipment to feed in (like mpv with video-sync), 3rd person gaming with 360 camera pans will give you motion sickness quickly without staying above the frame cap or using adaptive-sync so be aware of the downsides.