What is the best distro for beginners that is not mainstream shit like Ubuntu, Mint or Elementary?

What is the best distro for beginners that is not mainstream shit like Ubuntu, Mint or Elementary?

I know Arch is for advanced users, my dream is to be able to use it someday, but what about Gentoo, Slackware or Debian? Are they beginner friendly?

Attached: image.jpg (401x367, 26K)

>Frogfag
>distrohipster bullshit

Use gentoo, frogposter

All distros are beginner friendly. Remember, Linux is a hobbyist OS. The very point is for it to not work so you can tinker with it and feel a sense of accomplishment every time you overcome a hurdle, so the less a distro works, the better.
If you wanted something that worked you'd use Windows.

I'm just asking a question man...

As someone who distrohopped for years, you're going to come back to one of those 3 for the ease of use and polish. Trust me.

Of the ones you listed Debian is by far the easiest. Good luck.

would OP have gotten a more substantial response had he used a more appealing picture?

Attached: 95032de118b56e53013f39ab274592b9--freddie-mercury-bulsara.jpg (736x1014, 109K)

Pepe is not just any frog, fucking redditors, he's the very symbol of Jow Forums.

It looks good, but is it beginner-friendly?

it's the best, and no

The Slackware installer is super beginner friendly.

Antergos

>my dream is to be able to use a widely used operating system
aim a little higher op

Go with Manjoro since you want to git gud at Arch or as said, Antergos. Manjoro is more stable, but is also arch based like Antergos.

I don't like it, but Ubuntu is peak beginner distro. Mint and Elementary wont catch security issues as quickly as Ubuntu and Debian.

Not necessarily true. I hopped for years as well, and haven't budged since I Install Gentoo'd. On another note, I really don't understand why everyone recommends Debian to beginners, since the default 'click here to download' iso only has free drivers, which is bound to fuck most people's shit up in some way.

Attached: 1526263320957.png (615x615, 98K)

Widely used by advanced users, my dream is to become an advanced user someday, that's aiming high to me...

How much research have you done into any of the systems you mentioned? Judging by your picture, likely none

Not much, I know what I read on Jow Forums and that's why I created this thread, to know more about them.

You read about them on Jow Forums yet you have no clue that Gentoo is considered to be an advanced distribution like arch? I find that hard to believe

Well I'm new here, that's why I'm asking for information, why do you have to be such a jerk about it? If you don't want to help, then simply don't post...

>back peddling
Clearly you're new. There are thousands of threads in the archive about this exact topic, there is a friendly Linux thread, active right now, with tons of resources for you on all of your Linux questions and many helpful anons who are in the thread to help you as well. Going to that thread instead of posting yet another
>I really want to use advanced Linux like arch, is Gentoo good for a beginner?
Would do wonders for board quality as well as your own education. Luckily for me, this isn't the friendly Linux thread so I can be as annoyed with you as I want

with you here, though Ubuntu is on my laptop

LEAVE YOU DIRTY SUMMERFAG

Attached: 58486a72849cf46a2a931338.png (900x900, 154K)

Manjaro, it's Arch based but much more beginner friendly

Holy shit, you really are mad because of some simple questions, huh? What happened? Is your wife cheating on you? Is your dick so small that you can't satisfy her? Do you even have someone?

how is the battery? what programs do you use to optimize?

It's on a 2014 MBP. Battery life is worse than OSX, but not by much, around ~30-45 mins. Only have tlp and thermald installed, no custom configuration

The first post there isn't even being rude, I was expressing disbelief in his claim. Lo and behold, I was right. If he's not going to put fuck all effort into his learning of Linux, I can put fuck all effort into being nice
This is why the windows community has a bad reputation.

Also, I gave you a number of suggestions to make your learning experience better, but because I said I was annoyed with you I'm suddenly insecure and you're attacking my relationships as if they have any relevance to this discussion. Grow up

Well yeah, if I had a second computer I'd probably just stick Mint on it or something. Or I would if they still released it with KDE... Maybe Manjaro then. I've gotten too used to i3, but I kinda miss that slick UI.

You could give kubuntu/kde neon a go. Kubuntu tends to have an older version of plasma but newer base at 18.04 current, while kde neon has a newer version of plasma but older base of 16.04 current. I personally am a big fan of kubuntu.

Lubuntu