Are the new generation Thinkpads reliable?

Is that machine worth 800usd?
Taxes are included in price.

Attached: D5083A1C-3854-4237-B0D5-A6BAFF43BBFF.jpg (1536x1731, 775K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mensfeld.pl/2018/07/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon-6th-gen-2018-review-sad-story-of-a-potentially-great-ultrabook/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>thinkpad
>16:9

Get a 100$ t60 with a proper 4:3 monitor.

>new chinkpads
no. just get a mac in that case.

>E series
no

65nm process?
Lmfao!

That’s double the price here.

Attached: D3412711-7982-45F5-8011-78866E88DBC9.jpg (1536x1839, 853K)

>Are the new generation Thinkpads reliable?
No
My job got me an X1 Carbon
It fucking sucks
Comes with an i7 but it gets constantly throttled becuase the thing heats up to 150 celsius the moment you move your mouse
Write operations are slow as shit despite it having an SSD, probably temperature-related again
Oh yeah, and the left ctrl key keeps getting stuck unless you press it on the sweet spot
great quality control on a fucking 2.4k USD laptop
If the super high end one is this shitty I can't imagine how bad the cheaper models are

Just get a good ideapad or whatever if you don't need a super good laptop, don't buy a thinkpad just to meme. I bought a Y510p back when installgentoo wiki used to recommend it and I'm satisfied, the only problems are weight, 1366×768 screen and it's a bit cheaply built.

Lenovo shills BTFO!

The most power is actually user by the LVDS lamp in the display, which you can replace with an LED kit off aliexpress.
My battery life went from 3 hours to 4.5 by simply switching from lvds to led on my T60.

Just clean the damn heatsink and replace the thermal compound, moron.

>new thinkpads
What the fuck are you doing you dumb nigger

It's brand new, idiot
Also it's not self-servicable

Just look up a disassembly guide. The factory thermal compound on laptops is always garbage.

>just void your warranty
yeah, sure

If you're afraid about your warranty, stop whining about shitty temps.

>void warranty, get cooler temps, laptop lasts longer
>keep warranty, laptop overheats and dies exactly one day after the warranty expires

>stop expecting good quality from a premium product
cucked consumerist faggot american logic

You mean CCFL. LVDS is the physical signalling standard for the display cable.

by the time the warranty expires my company will likely issue us new laptops either way
if I tamper with it and then it breaks it'll be my fault

Put the vacuum cleaner on the holes without opening it up. Would clean out some of the dirt.

Dude, ia-ti un laptop, nu un status symbol. Ce are un asus sau lenovo de 2700 lei cu un mx150 fata de asta? Doar ca are scris ThinkPad pe el? For real now

>not buying x62 thinkpad

>E series
>i5
>256GB
>800 dollars

Pathetic, I bought my T450 when it was new for 500euros with same specs. Never buy E or L series

NO new generation thinkpad is a pieace of crap makde by Chink factory. It is not like it used to be where important component was made in Japan and reliable.

It breaks every 3 weeks, 1 day on site support is like never (takes 2 weeks for tech to come and they refused to work on my machine because my apartment is too small) My initial problem with Think pad was still unresolved and I have been dealing with it since December of 2017, it is now July 2018.

Their customer support is horrible. I have huge box full of free Thinkpad repaire parts but not matter how many time I ask, they never responds to email or send me a shipping label for return.

I will probably get charged for all the parts.

Stupid cunt chink company. I am buying dell next time, a dell work station with same config.

Retina Macbook doesn't have this problem.

Own a Carbon X1 for years and the most reliable and tough laptop I have owned.

Those issues honestly sound like a fucking dud laptop from the batch.

I sit it on my chest at night with no clothes on and have never felt the heat, never had a button stick and never had it throttle down due to not getting hot in the first place.

What exactly are you running on yours?

>buying overpriced, prone to errors chink garbage

These guys are better off starting their own assembly.

what generation X1? I've used either a first or second gen model (can't remember which one) and never had any of the issues you describe. The thermal problems typically associated with super thin laptops were minimal, the screen was good, and overall it was a quick little machine. Certainly nothing compared to my Y700, but that's also twice as thick, significantly heavier, and has half the battery life.

All around, my experience with the gen 1 X1 Carbon was very positive. It felt a lot like using my T430s, but lighter, thinner, and better screen.

Yeah they won't even take that one in for repair

What about modern X or T series?

Real talk, I just saw one E470 with an i3 and a 920mx on sale , explain to me why it could be a bad idea, I'm in need of one for study purposes

Never underasood why one would get a thinkpad, for that price you could get something with an actual good gpu in it.

It used to be build quality and great keyboard

>Own a Carbon X1 for years and the most reliable and tough laptop I have owned.
There are multiple generations, I was referring to the current one, could be that the older ones were just better
>Those issues honestly sound like a fucking dud laptop from the batch.
I don't know, everyone in my workplace has the same complaints with throttling and temperature, though their ctrl keys don't stick like mine
>What exactly are you running on yours?
Default install of Win10 that it came with plus a web browser and other every day stuff, I'm not calculating primes on it or anything. It's very noticable when it slows down, extracting archives takes longer than it should etc.

5th gen, the newest one, like stated above everyone in my workplace (who has the 5th gen X1 Carbon anyway) shares the same complaint (they got theirs earlier so chances are it's not the same batch)
guess early gens were just better

mine has lasted me for 6 years and is still going strong, in fact better than new because I put in about a 100 bucks worth of upgrades last year. also, a hinge went loose after 4 years so I replaced the entire top cover for 20 bucks. can't say all that about most other laptops.

Buy the E485, why the fuck would you buy 8th gen intel shit?

>buying from eScam
Lmaoing la viata ta.

Because it as fast as a netbook from 2006. I think you could and should do better

>Free DOS

why

u trolling or what

not really

if the idea was avoiding windows licenses why not use linux?

Idk about America, but in Eastern Europe, you can buy laptops with FreeDOS so you don't have to buy Windows with the machine, you can just pirate it yourself, it can be significantly cheaper. There used to be machines sold with Linux too, but nowadays, it's pretty much either Windows or FreeDOS, not sure why, probably DOS is easier to install than muh loonix.

> Are the new generation Thinkpads reliable?

Yes, I own a ThinkPad X270 and couldn't be more happier with it.

*sees OP image*

That's not a real ThinkPad you retard, do some research before asking stupid questions.

good price!

For 800usd u can almost afford a 4c8t 4770hq 16gb ram retina 2015 macbook pro that is better in every way

That is unfortunate Lenovo is headed downhill. I recently bought my wife a refurb T440. I5 4300U, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, and I got a KingSener extended life battery for it from aliexpress. Runs like a fucking god and gets 12Hrs battery life (even though it doesnt have the internal battery in it).

Lesson is: don't buy a brand new laptop if you are a Jow Forums ent. You should be capable of finding a good deal on a refurb one.

Yes daddy?

Attached: a.jpg (563x375, 156K)

T and P series are
L and X series aren't as strong but still better than most laptops on the market I think.
E series is budget line, so I would imagine they cut too many corners but I never tried one.

X1 isn't a real Thinkpad.
Pretty much the exact opposite.

It's a Macbook Air wannabe.
It's all about MUH THINNN!!!!! so or course it overheats and performs like shit.

That's normal

When did the X series turn to shit?

This. Holy fuck Jow Forums is so retarded sometimes.

>this sucks!
>offer fix
>n-no I won't do it

X1 was always shit.

X2xx is just made to be lighter for better portability, at the cost of durability. - which isn't what I would have done but it's an understandable choice.

>
yes

Replacing thermal compound won't fix a flawed design.
It overheats because it's too thin, nothing you can so about it except put it in the fridge like a Macbook.

WTF I was about to buy a new 6th Gen X1 now I just want to walk into traffic why you do this, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1476049138401s.jpg (217x250, 7K)

Same. Is a T470 good?

> Apt is too small.

Umm ... Wat?

HIS GU PED SHI WIH BOH SHIF KES PRESSED LAO

>they refused to work on my machine because my apartment is too small

What the fuck? Do you live in Harry Potter's closet?

I can't believe there are people in this thread who take you seriously

mensfeld.pl/2018/07/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon-6th-gen-2018-review-sad-story-of-a-potentially-great-ultrabook/
Fuck this I'm getting a different laptop, any recommendations, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1400927640184.jpg (983x758, 98K)

>netbook from 2006
why are retards on Jow Forums so clueless

X240

>take laptop manufactured from a company known for reliability and ease of parts sourcing
>put literal one-off chink basement boards inside
Who would fall for that man.

Attached: 1515062210196.png (1024x576, 533K)

Latest is 6th gen, not 5th fyi

Cumpărați un laptop dă-la xiaomi de pe AliExpress

Attached: ff3739ce2a3df5b3cf94175bac515db1c256d122ef045b5e6174e2ea5102e53a.jpg (618x810, 176K)