GIMP 2.10 is truely autistic software. Splash screen is picture of mushrooms

GIMP 2.10 is truely autistic software. Splash screen is picture of mushrooms.

You can't even distinguish different tools from another because everything is black and gray. Selection tool and layers are 100x harder to use than previous versions... and 1000x harder compared to photoshop.

Your thoughts?

Attached: gimp-splash-600x352.jpg (600x352, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/releases/tag/continuous
pixls.us/software/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does it still have bell peppers?

YOU NEED TO TELL ME.

I agree desu. I really don't understand why they got rid of the colors of the buttons. It's much harder to identify the tools now.

But selecting and manipulating images and layers has always been relatively hard in gimp.

You can change the icon theme back to the old one

why the fungus so blurry tho

I have a foot fetish so fungus arouses me.

>not using PS CS6
masochist

Can you take a screenshot of the tool buttons please?

Also, aren't there keyboard shortcuts in gimp? You should all be using those instead of buttons.

The name "gimp" has always been a reference to its masochistic users.

Attached: tools.jpg (1034x604, 71K)

"It's so hard to use!"
Don't like it? Just don't let the door slam you on the ass on your way out.

>You can't even distinguish different tools from another because everything is black and gray

Attached: 1514817725813.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Thank you.

that looks terrible

It comes with multiple icon sets, just change them

What the jesus fuck
Who the fuck approved this design?

Digital slave spotted.

It's called GIMP, what did you expect?
Use krita

Old Icon Set is still selectable in the options

GIMP is only useful for resizing images really.

GIMP is a horrible piece of shit. The font selection menu in particular pisses me off to the point I want to throw something. The user who said to use and memorize keybindings is right, but unfortunately I only use GIMP now and then, and forget most of it between sessions.

>have to type out the font name

Attached: 1498775053807.png (808x805, 442K)

Since I installed Krita I only ever used GIMP to convert svg logos to large pngs.

Anyway, if you don't like something, why do you create a literal thread about it? Do I go on /ck/ to say that chorizo and bacon are disgusting? No, nobody cares about it.

And GIMP isn't "autistic software" you dumbshit

Because there's absolutely no way to customize your experience in open source software, is there?

Attached: Screenshot_20180728_121318.png (1019x527, 114K)

Are there still people without a pirated Photoshop on this planet?

disgusting

>p.photoshop btfo!

>You can't even distinguish different tools from another because everything is black and gray.
revert to the old icons :)

software is supposed to ship with sensible defaults moron

maybe the idea is the restrict "colorful" content to the image that is being edited, with the justification that most powerusers use hotkeys rather than the tool buttons anyway

>You can't even distinguish different tools from another because everything is black and gray. Selection tool and layers are 100x harder to use than previous versions
Looks like they copied photoshop huh?
I didn't try it myself yet

Yep, looks like PS CS2 to me

>create a program that no professional will use
>pander to "poweruser"
Being this delusional

A poweruser will ALWAYS adjust the program to his needs. There's never a case where default shortcuts are sufficient in all cases. Some functions may not even have shortcuts assigned, so the poweruser is supposed to do that himself.

>I don't like it, so it's universally insensible!
T. autist.
Although I also prefer old icon set.

this, new theme is ass, but you can change it back

Attached: a.png (1462x833, 102K)

>You can't even distinguish different tools from another because everything is black and gray.
Ok...

Attached: Toolbar.jpg (550x1001, 51K)

what are you getting at? "it's ok when photoshop does it"?

t.pajeet

did something nicer

Attached: Untitled-1.png (600x352, 248K)

Attached: gimp-splash.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

bullshit, i made some great animated gif with gimp

I stopped using GIMP completely because it takes three times as long to launch as photoshop does (because of fonts).

>delete text
>all of the settings reset

Attached: 1532404321916.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Fucking this. Worst feature. Also, which fucking text preferences am I supposed to use, the sidebar or the popup dialog above the text box? Because they conflict.

Use the sidebar, or settings toolbox. The popup is only for small changes like emphasis or sub/superscript.
>using windows
>using gnu on windows
pic related
made on gahnoo gimp
Pretty much this. I'm a poweruser myself and Green Is My Pepper is pleasantly flexible to my workflow. I've enhanced photos, drawn stuff, made basedish pixel graphics and other stuff. It just werks™ with me and I can just copy my .gimp-2.8/ places. (Debian Stale)
Pic related is my proudest creation so far, photos had different sizes, lightning conditions, rolls, etc, messed with them so they're colored to the train lines they represent and other autistic things.

Attached: downloadfile-1.png (1079x737, 673K)

Attached: flavor town.jpg (633x749, 199K)

I closed down the 'toolbar' where you select which tool you want to use and now I can't find the menu option to turn it back on. GIMP sucks.

yes

Hey that's pretty nice user

Windows menu -> Recently closed docks.

Cheers.

I mostly use it for cropping, resynthesizer and G'mic.

Attached: 1532773632509.png (600x352, 291K)

I don't get their logic though. Like obviously, let's not lie to ourselves, they try to make GIMP as much as Photoshop in certain aspects so people who use Photoshop could eventually swtich. Still, when you use GIMP, you feel everything is designed in so retarded way and it gives me depression. Literally I felt like retarded when I had to find out how to use crop tool in GIMP properly. Fuck that I'm staying with photoshop.

Lol not true, not for me at least

>complaining about free stuff

OP definitely not retarded at all

Attached: 590.gif (280x207, 453K)

Photoshop isn't even available on a good OS.

Whats wrong with shrooms
Real men eat shrooms

I like it

>hating on shrooms

no, new theme is tits

all the memes are made with gimp

there's a font list

nice reddit spacing

JEJ

Did they do away with the option for legacy toolbox icons?

Attached: does this look like a fucking gradient.png (1680x1023, 183K)

>OP bitches about monochrome toolbox icons.
> Use krita
>monochrome toolbox icons.

Found appimages.
github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/releases/tag/continuous
Good news ubuntufags. Cage transform doesn't freeze anymore.

You forgot the part about it still being buggy and prone to crashing. Also still can't draw a circle without several tedious time consuming steps.

Just use Photoshop.

>implying hate threads aren't common on every board including Jow Forums
Are you new?

Photoshop can't draw green peppers without several tedious steps.

This. Gimp is one of the few programs I know that actually makes me depressed.

I tried the newest version, and now it's a slightly less ugly absosolute piece of garbage.

I've tried it every couple of years for a decade now, I should just stop at this point. It'll never not suck balls.

It doesn't even recognize all the fonts installed, despite having added the font directories manually in the prefs.
Font selector is truly rage inducing.

That's a high resolution pepper compared to this. Did they change it to a vector brush or something?
Actual canvas real estate looks tiny. Can you change the tools menu to be single icon width like photoshop?

Attached: Pepper.gif (720x670, 83K)

you can resize the bars, as well as move them around anywhere you like, it's all customizable

>limiting yourself to just GIMP

Attached: graphics.png (316x123, 13K)

> using proprietary software

What's wrong with mushrooms?
I think fungi are fascinating.

Attached: Install Gentoo7.png (1572x955, 623K)

Somebody posted a pic of basket of green peppers the original was cropped from, so I did a better job of clipping it.
Just export as a .gbr file to you're .gimp*/bruses folder, and click the little reload icon in the brushes docker (or restart gimp).
Werks better for larger scaled up peppers.

Attached: Alt_gr_pepper.png (306x306, 159K)

pixls.us/software/

Gimp 2.10 is AIDS.

Font?

Dashboard docker?

Attached: CopyQ.ab2968.png (286x453, 17K)

Data Trash

Thanki.

Just use imagemagick for that...

I'm sticking to 2.8

Switch to color icon theme, you fuck. I guess you like to have an interface that looks line an eyesore.

just pirate photoshop

It's far easier to make circles in gimp than it is to make green peppers in photoshop.

>GIMP
Have they added in CMYK yet at least?

legacy icons @ medium size in preferences.

I forgot about the crop tool. Select, alt+I, c

can't remember how to do it for a layer off-hand, or autocrop, but I usually don't need to do either

Kind of irrelevent at this point. There's other free software that can build a cmyk profile, even new printers that do it.

Probably the shrooms that the UI designer ate before he made the UI

I have a Gimp question / looking for advice

This is the way I like to draw, holding Shift to draw very calculated and precise strokes, but as you can see the end result of my drawn "circle" is very jagged. I want to continue drawing like this, but make it look better. Is there a way to smooth it out. I want it to detect that I'm drawing curves using straight lines and automatically round it out.

I prefer 3D modeling because you can do just that in modeling software. You can make jagged edges and then use beveling or subsurf modifiers to round it out for you.

Attached: smooth.webm (796x562, 326K)

Use the path tool. you can move the nodes around, and grab the center and bend your lines. cltrl click the last node to close the loop. then stroke path.
Good for precise cut and paste too. (Convert path to selection.)

forgot webm related.

Attached: cinnamon-20180728-1.webm (1680x1050, 1.05M)

Its incredible. What used take you a couple seconds, now requires complete mastery of russian roulette.

Consider using the paths tool to draw curves, and then making a stroke using the path you've created.