Sister needs a new motherboard+cpu, was planning on giving her my old fx meme and its motherboard...

sister needs a new motherboard+cpu, was planning on giving her my old fx meme and its motherboard, but for strange emotional reasons she might lose it if i give it to her.
to avoid weird emotional responses completely i would have sell the fx meme and use that money to buy a new motherboard and cpu. i was thinking of getting a xeon, is this the best option for the money?

Attached: xeon.jpg (1000x1000, 93K)

tell your sister to get a job

she has a job, but she spends her money on expensive clothes and apple products. im not really in a position to tell her how to manage her finances as well

Define "lose it". Just get a nice passive cooler for the FX and that's that.

The best option for the money would be a 2600X, why the hell do you need a Xeon?

you better be fucking your sister otherwise you are the ultimate cuck

probably would just stop actively trying to interact with me; half of my family doesnt talk to her anymore, so she might stop talking to me. worst case scenario would be her trying to get back at me somehow, probably emotional blackmail or some form of emotional abuse. i havent really thought about what she would do lol.

a little to pricey for me. i've got like 200aud to spend, plus she only has a 50hz 1080p screen i believe and cant really tell the difference between 30 and 60fps.
i thought a xeon might be a decent option cause a friend of mine made some htpc which had a $30 xeon in it

What? I don't exacly follow what you mean with trying to interact with you.

Why blackmail. Emotional abuse? She sings like a horrible person at the moment user

Blackmail and abuse for giving her a free CPU?

Be more coherent user. Why xeon, why not your old fx? If it works why bother?

You know we usually use the term cuck ironically on Jow Forums but here I think you are a real beta bitch if she manages to manipulate you like that. Why are you doing this? Are you that lonely and compassionate?

How is he a cuck for caring about his sister? If it was some random girl I understand.
user, what the fuck are you talking about? How giving her your old stuff can be manipulative?

>his sister
If she is ready, able, and willing to act maliciously on his well-being, she is a threat first, human second, sister third.

then why the fuck do you help her

did she promise to blow you?

post pics

by interact i mean hanging out, going for lunch, that sorta stuff. she's going through a lot right now. sometimes she acts without thinking, if she fucked me off she would regret it in the future.

currently have an fx 6300, an ok mobo for it, and 8gb of ddr3 ram. there is a chance that if i give it to her that she would see it as an insult, and would react emotionally.
i was thinking about selling the fx stuff and buying a xeon because a friend of mine managed to find a bunch of xeons for really cheap.

the only reason i care so much is because if my relationship with my sister was trashed over a fucking computer, my dad would be disappointed. i respect my dad a lot, he is the reason why im not some degenerate loser.
to be honest i dont really have much pity for her, despite her financial and emotional state right now.

I don't understand what is so emotionally bad about an FX processor and DDR3 RAM. Does she even understand computers? Will she not be pissed at a $50 xeon?
What mental illness does she have and why is your father okay with blackmail?

im her younger brother, so if i give her my old stuff, she will feel insulted and ashamed of it. she needs to show off to all of her shallow friends, hence the apple shite and designer clothes. even though none of her friends will be able to tell that she has a 6 year old amd chip, she will still think they will know, thus she will feel embarrassed. it is also shameful to recieve charity from her younger brother for whatever reason, especially when whatever im giving her is something that i have used.

I do not know the situation. But I think what you need to do is get her a laptop that looks half decent and a copy of "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

A desktop isn't what she needs user.

Why don't you stop being a beta bitch and sabotage your FX mobo, demonstrating it doesn't work? Don't give in like a sore loser, bend some mobo pins and tell your dad to buy her a new CPU himself.
"Lisa I tried the dusty shit and it don't work sorry"

Wat, if you don't want to get rid of that old brick yet, why don't you just have her buy her own PC? You can be nice by helping her pick and assemble parts if you want.

How is it insult if it functions better than a lot of current stuff. Overclock it and give it to her. Add rgb lighting to make it cool. Don't mention it's your old stuff and you're good.

either give her the hand-me-down or kill yourself you spineless rat

Then she can pay for her own shit and you merely help her pick, right?

See my replyMake it look cool. You might want to do it with your sister as some bonding time, designing the case and adding RGB lighting. If she really wants apple looking stuff, install hackintosh, maybe find an apple case

ITT: Spineless cucks enable a whore's stringpulling.

God fucking damn it lads, i wanted to learn about xeons not get a fucking counselling session.

that fx chip could get a solid 5ghz on it btw, with her cooler i could probably get 4.8 stable.

Attached: attic.jpg (300x300, 91K)

I see this thread getting side tracked.

OP doesn't want to hear our opinion on his sister, he just wants some advice.

OP, of you read this. Like I said before. Maybe get a laptop for her. One that looks slim and isn't too expensive. One with an SSD so it doesn't hang up.

Fuck you you bent daft cunt, hope she and her loser friends laugh at your micropenis.

no i want to yell at you you pathetic worm. you want a cheap xeon try fucking ebay otherwise open wide and drink my piss, you can't say you're not used to it slave.

xeons are power hungry. And stop being pissy with how you started the thread. All you had to do is ask, what's the difference

You're sound like you're not better than your own sister. Also entitled and acting like a whore

You don't have the budget for a current xeon (duh, its the high end / server side of the Intel lineup) and surely the idea isn't to get power hungry ancient slow crap.

Here you go you big baby.

Attached: Untitled.png (1209x661, 56K)

cheers buddy

Whaever, suck my cock dipwad.

You don't need a fucking SERVER CPU, faggot. Your friend probably used a cheap used one from eBay for that HTPC, so your faggot sister would lose her shit over that, too. You clearly didn't even google what Xeon processors are for, or what they cost vs the consumer line, so why the fuck should Jow Forums spoonfeed you that information? Get bent.

Not him but older quad core xeons are fantastic cheap general-purpose CPUs.

Attached: Untitled.png (784x515, 16K)

Yeah, but the fact that it's used means OP's sister will lose her shit about it anyway.

Shhh. She'll never know.
But that G5400 with even a cheap aftermarket fan will be completely quiet, plus the amazing single core perf will make her browser scroll more smoothly than her iphone.

>she spends her money on expensive clothes and apple products
sorry man but your sister is dumb as shit