What languages would you learn and in what order ?

Imagine that you're a baby programmer starting from scratch. You'd like to have a broad vision of CS and its' concepts (disregard popularity in the industry), but not really specialize yourself in a sub-domain yet. Which languages would you learn and in what order ?
I guess a good start would be C.

Attached: PickingAProgrammingLangauge-1024x768.png (1024x768, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd start with Chinese, it is a very useful one and then I would go to the classic trifecta Spanish/French/English and I think that you would have a easy time.

>lanaguage
>Languge
>langauge
trustworthy
Don't try to learn Chinese if you're a perfectionist.

Doesn't matter

Why, is Chinese a bunch of unorganized shit?

>doesn't mention embedded systems
disgusting

I'd start with C#, for web stuff ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, and JS.

Embedded is C though

i'd say python to get the general idea and some basic logic then move to something that sounds interesting to you.

From top of the page to the bottom
Jow Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

Start with Python/Ruby. Only Jow Forums autists say to start with c while normie webdev retards will teach you shitty practices by starting with meme JS

Hey thanks ! Basically do everything in C/C++.

>learn C# which is powerful but can only run on Windows
what is dotnet core

To be able to read newspapers you need to know around 3000 Chinese characters and you'll still have to look up characters here and there.
It's the most inefficient writing system in existence. The grammar itself is relatively easy but the writing/reading will slow you down tremendously.
If you're someone who really wants to speak languages fluently you better learn another one unless you want to spend years to decades.

Char Cumulated Frequency
------------------------
500 78.53202
1000 91.91527
1500 96.47563
2000 98.38765
2500 99.24388
3000 99.63322
3500 99.82015
4000 99.91645
4500 99.96471
5000 99.98633
5500 99.99553
6000 99.99901
6479 100.00000

That said if you just want to learn enough to get around and communicate basic shit there's nothing wrong with learning it. I guess it also looks nice on the CV.

Python and then Java, and after maybe C if learning about how memory works interests you

This

>only compiled options are Java, C#, and Java again
What the actual fuck is this. I would have suggested C (for a better understanding of the low level functioning of modern languages) and then Haskell (for a good understanding of high level programming concepts) or maybe a modern Lisp if there are any compiled ones (but they're all shit so no)

Biang biang mian

Chinese is a very interesting and beautiful language imo and it has a very clear and simple but also very robust structure

>Start with Ruby
Don't.