ITT: unpopular opinions

ITT: unpopular opinions

I'll start:
>JS is actually very cool

Attached: 1532692154958.gif (200x200, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/lua-node.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And i agree.
Also gnome is very nice DE.

Agree and disagree. I like it's prototype system. Not a fan of its dynamic typing and type coercion system and I just think it's not a safe language overall, although TypeScript and recent ES versions go a long ways to address some of JS's issues/shortcomings.

That's actually the popular opinion retard

I love being able to easily pass around functions in js, it really opens up a lot.
All the higher order function syntax in other popular languages are so fucking bad.

Lua is the white man's scripting language.

Have you been living under a rock lately?

Jow Forums is not an accurate representation of the public's opinion.

Jow Forums is actually the opposite. Whatever is popular is hated here because either common sense or absolute autism. Jow Forums and /a/ are very good examples of this.

Assembler is wonderful for web devel

Matlab is great and Python is shit

10 PRINT "GW-Basic is cool"
20 GOTO 10

Maybe, but js actually deserves hate.

OP is not a faggot.

Its made in Brazil. I use it a lot and I'm not white. Also thats not even an opinion, you're just being a faggot.

I am with this guy.

and yet javascript v8 btfo's luajit.
lua is deprecated.

I hate it but it's not objectively awful like php.

Windows 10 is actually a decent OS.

>not objectively awful
Yes it is, it's just less complex than PHP so there is less to fuck up

Attached: 510731.png (563x861, 575K)

oh, it's "I completely skipped reading the documentation": The Post

Attached: 1358727357678.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>very cool

Attached: thats right jay.gif (640x360, 1.42M)

Java will actually outlive (and outshine) all other JVM languages because it is actually evolving fairly rapidly

Scala will kill Java for all the jobs that actually matter.

>There's nothing wrong with arrays starting with 1 in languages where you don't directly manipulate memory

>internet was mistake
>smartphones was mistake

JS is like Skyrim.
It's rather meh, but if you have time to mod shit out of it, it can actually be quite nice.

Actually yes. I agree. My computer illiterate mom had to make some marksheets of students with grading. She asked me to add numbers and provide a subject wise grade. Instead of using calculator for 100+ mark sheets, I wrote a page using jquery which automatically graded subject wise and provided the total marks.
Mind you, I am not even a js programmer. But color me surprised, it worked beautifully at least for small tasks. Overloading browser with bloat is the fault of page designer not js

good opinion, friend

I always liked Flash, am sad it got so much hate, am sad adobe had taken it over from macromedia and ruined it, am sad so many people gang up on flash developers as being idiots, really those people who gang up are being brainwashed by the big browser companies to seed control over to them

Just because it's documented doesn't mean it's not retarded. PHP quirks are documented too.

Kilobyte refers to 1024 bytes, Megabyte refers to 1048576 bytes, and mebibytes do not exist. If you want to simply say 1000000 bytes say "one million bytes" instead of forcing mebi tebi bullshit.

>jQuery is still a very good tool

gentoo is not actually worth using for most people.
The time you spend installing the distro and compiling everything yields minimal benefits for the average person (even average linux user).

Arch is a pretty good distro since it makes it easy to have new software. I know you can compile anything on any distro, but it's still easier to have newer software on arch compared to something like ubuntu or debian.

>everything is a table

Attached: puke.gif (200x150, 432K)

>I'm not white

Attached: 1489689112894.jpg (450x532, 62K)

OOP is intuitive and speeds up time to production

intel is not dying

Telementry is not as bad as people make out to be. but should be voluntairly

Attached: 1532493070554.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

*iB is just a way for storage product vendors to deceive the costumer

>"we send only the version of the program you are running and a few computer specs so we can better identify our costumer base"
MUH PRIVACY

Haha! Look at him go!

>honestly defending non-transitive binary relations that implement some sort of equivalence, a naturally transitive binary relation
end your fucking life you disgusting weaboo faggot

>Thinkpads are overrated (I have one)
>Jow Forums is a hipster IT consumerism board
>desktop ricing negatively correlates with having real tech-savvy
>caring about trivial shit like notations or tools negatively correlates with one's ability to produce software

Attached: 1519910526398.gif (300x200, 1.85M)

post your thinkpad

>PHP is complicated
u wot

It's a 2017 T470s. You really want a picture?

why would someone go onto the internet and lie?

luaJIT beats v8 easily.
v8 beats the regular lua interpreter, but its not even close to luaJIT

Attached: 6209112.png (1280x717, 891K)

lmao ok bud.
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/lua-node.html

perl is objectively great and all the code monkeys moving onto php/python/js has only made it better, and also ruby is better than python

java isn't even the best JVM language though, agreed that it might outlive them

that's literally the popular opinion, keep using kilobytes/megabytes/whatever to refer to binary units if you want as it's valid under JEDEC but direct your anger to people using kilobytes/megabytes to refer to decimal units rather than to people using the kilo/mebi/gibi binary prefixes
>*iB is just a way for storage product vendors to deceive the costumer
wrong way round, 1 MiB is 1024^2 bytes always whereas 1MB can either be 1024^2 or 1000^2 bytes

thinkpads are overrated because they are fairly cheap decent work horse laptops when bought used at least until libreboot ruined prices on x200/t400, on every tpg thread you'll see people telling you that modern or new thinkpads have bad screens and are too expensive to be worth it usually

this is wrong. fuck off retard. your shit, and very wrong, *alternative fact* literally causes a lot of problems and confusion.

die in a fire.

Nice reading comprehension. That's Lua 5.3, not LuaJIT 2.1.

>whereas 1MB can either be 1024^2 or 1000^2 bytes
it can only be what SI defined the Mega prefix as.

look it's ok that you're irrelevant language is slower than V8

Windows 10 would be a great OS if it didn't have a bunch of Microsoft services tied into it and UWP didn't exist.

I quickly ran Fannkuch (because it was the shortest with the test data available right there on the page) with LuaJIT 2.0.3 and Lua 5.1.5.

LuaJIT completed in 45.95 seconds,I'll chime back in when Lua finally finishes. It's like 23 minutes according to that page so, see you then.

And I agree.
Also Arch is not a meme distro.

>Not content with obstinately refusing to join the civilised world by adopting the SI, the mutt now actively attempts to destroy those qualities of the SI which cause it to be the superior system
Disgraceful, your kind should be shot.

>it can only be what SI defined the Mega prefix as.
sure, but JEDEC does understand and recognise the common usage of MB = 1024^2 as it's kind of a big deal since the only people using SI prefixes correctly are people selling storage, even ram uses GB = 1024^3
it's dumb and most certainly wrong but it's less effort to get storage manufacturers to abandon SI than it is to get literally everybody else to switch over to IEC binary prefixes and collectively forget the 5+ decades where they used kilo/mega/giga to refer to binary units in computer contexts

Read the fucking documentation. == is lose equivalence, i.e. whether or not the values are equivalent AFTER the have been converted to a common type.

In your example 0 is equal to [] because their common type is boolean, where both 0 and empty sets equate false. Whereas "0" is NOT equal to [] because an empty array represented as a string is just an empty string, whereas "0" is, plainly, not. 0 IS equal to "0" because 0 converted to a string becomes "0" and "0" converted to a number becomes 0.

It's not a great system, but complaining about it without even attempting to understand it worse still.

>Less effort to get the entire world to collectively forget two centuries of standardised meanings and accept that SI prefixes mean 10^n, except when someone can profit from deceiving you, in which case they mean 1024^n, than to force some recalcitrant OS and system salespeople to conform to the established standard

Telemetry is a good thing provided the user can see exactly what is being sent and is able to disable it.

Attached: 1493258093045.png (601x1016, 272K)

This is the correct opinion.

i understand how it works faggot but having non-transitive equivalence relations with such suggestive notation is clearly indefensible to anyone with a 3 digit IQ

macos is one of the best OS

It makes perfect sense in the context of it being a loosely typed language.

video games are a good use for graphics cards

it's okay to admit you're wrong

>and accept that SI prefixes mean 10^n, except when someone can profit from deceiving you, in which case they mean 1024^n
wrong way round dude, 1000^n is smaller than 1024^n so harddrive manufacturers use 1000^n contrary to everybody else

>itt opinions
>complain when someone doesn't say "i think" or "imo"
>javascript unironically
>hur the canon interpreter is slower than some other language even if another interpreter which is actually a JIT compiler is much faster. see

PHP is a bigger language. JS spec is short while php's (do they even have one?) would be many times larger.

not unpopular. js is really fucking great and easy to use

Microsoft occasionally makes great products, but they fail at marketing.

>ITT: unpopular opinions
You have to go back.

unpopular on Jow Forums? some video games are fun

The Jow Forums technology board is full of people who can install linux and reinstall windows when there are basic issues but don't have much expertise in technology beyond that.

Almost anyone with a actual tech related job works in helldesk.

JS is hated by people who either: 1) know only back-end languages but are unable to get a job in the software industry because many jobs involve web development or 2) work at back-end development but are poorly compensated compared their peers who do front-end work.

Or 3:
Have to use the godawful JS infested web applications that pajeets poo out all the time

Python is better than R or matlab

Back-end development is mostly done by pajeets and hence the Java/Pajeet meme. Front-end development is mostly done by white people and hence the Silicon Valley soi boi meme.

So insecure about your answer, you had to post a fucking bear.

haha look at him go!

3) js is literal Satan's shit

I agree with this, but these broken windows 10 updates are ruining its Windows XP and 7 reputation

Still my preferred OS, but it hurts seeing it destroy itself

I bet 99% of Jow Forums has Steam installed but none of them have friends to play with so their accounts sit idle

Intel should buy AMD.

Technology was a mistake

Attached: 220px-Unabomber.jpg (220x265, 23K)