/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 434-best-headphones-images-on-pinterest-female-anime-wallpaper.jpg (736x1039, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zolyniak.gadzetomania.pl/60126,tin-audio-t2-test-i-recenzja
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8mesyk/tin_audio_t2_no_comparison_at_50/dzn31p8/
youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU
youtu.be/3JLoqJjnQMs
amazon.com/gp/product/B075T3SZS1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>scampicker

Amir at ASR is going to put Schiit out of business! He's finding major problems with their equipment. Now Schiit has *quietly* rolled out a firmware fix for their low-end multibit dacs. And they used asskisser atomicbob to fake the creation timeline. But to get the fix you need to buy a new one. WTF!??! What about every sucker who is stuck now with a 10-bit piece of schiit?

what is the scam ?

wtf are the difference between all the lambdas they all look they same, do they sound the same?

Got my Taskstar Pro 82. Thanks to the user that recommended it. I've been using it for a while now and it sounds comparable to my old MDR V6, maybe a little worst but still good. It's also the most comfortable headphones I've worn my V6 and HD662 EVO just can't compete. Should I change the earpads to an HM5 one? I have one with my old V6 but I'm not using it since the band is broken.

Also are there any place where I can buy replacement bands for my V6? The cans still works but the bands are bent. I bought one's from ebay and it looks cheap and painful to wear so I haven't tried to replace it yet.

Better ask the reviewer. (kup teraz!)
zolyniak.gadzetomania.pl/60126,tin-audio-t2-test-i-recenzja

Sorry, can't comment on the Senfers, haven't heard them (yet, at least).
But... having the T2 myself and assuming Igor's tastes for sound signatures has stayed constant (prefers a bit of extra oomph in the bass and a treble that's guaranteed to not be fatiguing), from his reviews I'd assume the Senfers to be noticably bassier than the T2 in their stock form, which to my ears are quite balanced sounding.

With Igor's reviews, I've noticed his preferences seem to compare with mine in such a way that when he comments on treble along the lines of "could be a little too much for those with sensitive hearing", it's usually just right for me. Similarly with bass, mentions of wanting a smidgeon more usually equals to it not being an issue with me at all.

I wouldn't bother with Massdrop for chifi stuff, MD's discounts just don't seem to be worth the wait. Even more so if you have to pay extra for shipping to your location.
Assuming Aliexpress seller "wooeasy" still has discount thing going, you can get the T2 for $36.
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8mesyk/tin_audio_t2_no_comparison_at_50/dzn31p8/

Anybody have a pair of Andromedas?
Does the green paint wear off really badly? I've seen demo units and they look like utter trash. They go silver and it looks awful

God I wish that were me.

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 352K)

let william die already

On the HD600 you cut the black binder near the top of the two headphone wires, right?

Attached: stop-stop-hes-already-dead.png (500x375, 296K)

No, unless you want to split the headphone cable for some reason.

How does it sound? I've read some reviews and it says that this headphones have pretty "flat" bass and with the switch you can make it deeper, but the sound is turned to something messy. Is it really this bad?
What about plastic? Does it look like it can be broken easily?
Will jazz music from 50's-70's and some rock/metal sound good in this headphones?
I have creative aurvana live 2 right now, i like the sound (except bass -- it is pretty loud and deep, but not so detailed), but the material they are made of is so fragile. I use them only at home and i'm pretty neat with things, but i've broken it twice already, there are a lot of little cracks on it. I've just glued it again, but i'm afraid that next time i won't be able to fix it.

the HD58X is on assdrop again

Garbage

>tfw no genetically engineered catgirl gf to take care as a pet

I'm not really an audiophile but yeah the bass is kinda messy. The only plastic parts are only near the drivers It's a bit worse than the MDR V6 since the V6 feels like solid plastic while the Pro 82 is hallow with horizontal support and is really light but it doesn't look like it'll break easily. I tried listening to the link below a bit with my V6 and Pro 82 and the 82 comes ahead mostly because of the bass. I'm mostly using it for anime and games(3ds and switch) so I'm mostly satisfied but there are cases were the voices sounds weird to me though I'm not sure if it's an issue with CR/HS's encode.

youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU

>belt around throat
Who the fuck does this?

Have you not heard of chokers? It's mostly for style and maybe SM play. I pretty much avoid anything on my neck so those kind of thing and buttoning the first button of a shirt is a no go for me.

Anyone come across the same (or similar) thick regular and donut foams as included in the VE Monk EX Pack?
Buying more EX Packs just for the foams would make no sense due to the extra junk in it that I don't have any need for.

Attached: 8219686.jpg (1500x1000, 175K)

hide the adam's apple

You mean Eve's Apple.

no i mean its a dude because headphones are degenerate

And I mean that Adams are allowed to call themselves Eve when they look like cute girls.

i rest my case

i see alot of $50 Shure SE215 is that normal i thought they cost about $100

Anyone use the
Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones? I wanna know if they are memes or not.

I'm gonna buy stax

Why would you want to take care of HER? I'd want her to take care of me and feed me and everything.

takstar 82 pro or no

Depends on what you count as meme. They're pretty much THE time-tested industry standard in professional audio engineering.
I've no personal experience of them myself, from what I've read, opinions seem to sway between "OMFG best bang for buck portables ever!" and "meh for music listening but *the* go-to headphone for pro audio work".

Yay.

Unless you take good care of them, yes. I keep each side from touching the other inside the CA case with a microfiber cloth.

>not wanting to be the catgirl and get taken care of by a thicc mommy cake

HD 800

sucks

Attached: 1518658884990.jpg (600x798, 57K)

what dont you like about them when you tried it

The beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO and 990 PRO are the same price. Whats the difference/ I want them to sit around listening to music etc in the house. They are to replace my Sony MDR-7506 as they don't have enough bass at all. Have any of you with glasses got these headphones and can let me know how comfy they are?

FUCK
HOW DO I FIX THIS

Attached: image.jpg (750x894, 729K)

Me on the right resting on the left cute girl's lap while receiving head pats.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1528370687792.jpg (1920x1200, 1.27M)

>Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphones? I wanna know if they are memes or not.
I own them. They're shit.
>reference, neutral, etc
They actually do sound very coloured. I understand they were good/price at some point, but that point was a very long time ago.

Attached: 1530750829462.png (1697x1200, 2.62M)

Have hd600s and love em. Looking for the next step.

Focal Clear vs HD800 with the sdr mod

Help me Jow Forums. I have quality headphones, but unless the video is really HQ then I need to turn up the sound 100% both on system and video and it hurts my ears.

Turn the volume down

What are the most comfortable headphones in your opinion?

try auditioning both if possible

stax

gonna need some links friendo

>nothing over 200 bucks

>usa

>use for tablet, phone, and occasionally for gaming

>full sized

>closed as fuck

>very comfortable

>neutral

>I had a pair of hm5's and I absolutely loved them. Unfortunately the hard plastic they were made out of wasn't durable enough for my clumsy ass.

Attached: 1526710985039.png (1366x768, 94K)

blue tack

How do I listen to "Live-sounding" music without turning the audio all the way up and hurting my ears?

Right now i have the cal2 but I'm getting the hd6xx in September

I wish that were me.

The primary difference is 770 is closed back and 990 is open back.

I have the 770 and I enjoy them, especially on the low end

You mean live recordings?

Oh yeah and I also wear glasses and find them very comfortable.

HD 569
youtu.be/3JLoqJjnQMs

80ohm will be ok for my PC wont it? I'm guessing 250ohm is too high even if it does have a headphone amp

Attached: It's totally fucking fucked mate, big time.webm (640x360, 251K)

make not to buy ATH-R70X next month

What’s the most fun and lively headphone ever and why it is Grado RS1?

Attached: 20A250A4-D395-4323-B3FB-8587D5F3E523.jpg (2272x1704, 1.48M)

>want to buy ATH-R70X
>go to nearest audio store
>they have a demo for it>try it
>smooth, warm, like i am flying
>"But why do you want that when you canget this"
>the store clerk offer me a demo of ohono smb-02
>"well i guess why not, let's try it..."
>Try it, hate it
>Too rigid, like i am being pushed by concrete

buy it user, it's worth your money

Wow they charge $350 for this piece of shit? Looks more like a $50 headphone.

Attached: smb02.jpg (1024x1024, 95K)

I have a standalone amp but they work pretty well with my cell phone, should be okay for motherboard power.

80ohm you mean yeah?

Maybe you should use it only as a guide instead of buying through it like an idiot?

Yes

Did you got the ATH after? Always being curious about them.
By the way, you can always tell them you are testing but you already made your research and you are pretty much decided, just want to be sure.

thanks

not a problem

I have the 770 and 880. the 880 sounds better no contest, so I say go for the open one

I've tested my DT880 250ohms on the onboard several times before and it can get painfuly loud.

They are still very popular among engineers and in studios, but there are better options for home listening.

For a true upgrade, get HD600.
Nice HD44780.

Attached: 1513403786208.png (1000x1593, 1.54M)

>HD600
They are triple the price

How much? And it's triple than what?

HD600 are £313, DT770 PRO are £103

>DT770 Pro
Are closed and v-shaped, apples to oranges. For a neutral open beyer look at DT880.
>HD600 are £313
That price is bad. Try googling around. Thomann has them for ~280€.

Attached: 1502190974839.gif (1000x1011, 1.52M)

I don't want to spend that much. I just want something comfier and with more bass than my mdr7506

That's HD600, the peak in performance/cost, worth spending a little more for. And you'll be using them for decades, don't be such a cheapass.

Attached: 1529708400165.jpg (1150x1500, 651K)

I don't have a fancy audio setup

You don't need a fancy audio setup. HD600 will sound good plugged to anything. You'll only get a small improvement from a dedicated amp, and only at high volumes.

Attached: 1506177868637.png (1280x720, 673K)

£250 is a lot for headphones dude

Can any name brand iem or earbuds compete with the chink ones in terms of value?

Anyone have experience with the Cayin IHA-6 and IDAC-6 stack? Seems cheap relative to most balanced things. Thinking of getting the stack or IHA-6 + Topping DX7S or Gustard A20H.

Attached: Olivia_America.jpg (534x685, 67K)

Go watch some youtube HD600 reviews, particularly don't miss the take apart / put together vids.
Or you can buy another disposable-tier mdr7506-budget headphone, your choice.

What does Jow Forums think of the Focal Utopia headphones?

Has anybody here tried them?

How do you guys listen to your music digitally? like where do you download/ stream from for the best quality.

Attached: 1525968508880.jpg (2500x3000, 3.68M)

I have they are great, but not worth the price, 1990 gets your 90% the way there. More interesting then the Clear.

Attached: IMAG0902.jpg (2000x1500, 520K)

why is she wearing a collar?

coz she sucks dick like a champion

Youtube is the best. Save your data and use the lowest resolution, audio is still the same.

Attached: 1501276467563.png (1012x1088, 711K)

The ultimate zoomer setup

Attached: IMG_20180728_180320038.jpg (2688x1512, 1.85M)

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 26K)

the hell amp is that? how fast does it go in $'s?

amazon.com/gp/product/B075T3SZS1/