Be current year

>be current year
>install Linux
>it just werks
>install Windows
>no HP 1010 printer drivers

How did we come to this?

Attached: 1526991336536.jpg (596x358, 31K)

go fuck your mother you inbred dipshit
windows is way easier to use than linux
so if you can't use it, you must have a mental retardation

Get a load of this, winfag has no ability to read and understand what OP posted.

Attached: The_Scary_Door.jpg (511x282, 15K)

Attached: linux-desktop-i-want-to-believe.jpg (300x375, 20K)

???

Attached: hp.jpg (1258x866, 255K)

the only load that anyone will get, is the load of my semen and your mother's anus will get it

this has been true for some time now. pretty much the only outliers are pure nonfree garbageware like novidya.

Only it isn't true at all,

I had similar issue - hp p1105 laser jet didn't work with windows 10, worked just fine out of the box with manjaro.

A lot of things are easier to do with Linux and in age of dxvk there is no reason to use Windows anymore.
I even have less problems with older games playing them via wine.

Windows 10 auto-install the most recent driver from internet without touching a thing, tell me how linux is better than that?

Stop calling the GNU system 'Linux' fucking redditors.

LINUX IS THE FUCKING LINUX AND ALSO PIECE OF SHIT SO SUCK MY FUCKING DIRTY AND FOUL DICK :)

try again freetard
You dont need to install those printer drivers anymore.

An open source driver is already included in the kernel, instead of needing an internet connection to install a third party proprietary driver. That's how Linux is better.

All of the drivers are already in the kernel, you can pick and choose which userspace utilities you want to talk to your printer meaning much smaller installs with less crapware.

Windows driver updater regularly breaks things when it continues to force driver updates for a specific version and doesn't let you choose.

Attached: Christmas-tree-decorations-hax.gif (302x302, 2.97M)

Nah, they're right. It was named after colonel Linus.

Attached: 1531261022037.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

DickSuckem.jpg

Windows have thousand of printer drivers built-in too, as proven here , so, what's the issue here? Is just OP retarded?

maybe your install has them builtin.

really doesn't prove shit.

> Something doesn't "just werk" on Linux
What the fuck, Linux sucks
> Something doesn't "just werk" on Windows
What the fuck, OP is a retard

maybe fuck you, ok holmes?

>printer works
>d-d-doesn't prove shit!

>maybe your install has them builtin
What would be different from any other install?
The standard iso have them, so... ?
But it does work on windows as been proven already, why do you cover your eyes and hears like a child facing the truth?

anyhow, linux printing has nothing to do with linux anyhow outside of the usb interactions. most printing is done using userspace drivers that translate a raster/plaintext to whatever retarded custom raster the printer uses internally.

it just happens that gutenprint and cups supports a lot of free and nonfree printers. I imagine windows is the same.

For me, the annoyance is not knowing if the driver fucked something up or the system update fucked something up.You get no feedback from the OS. Linux provides feedback that can help you fix an issue, and it's fairly easy to understand. Windows? Not so much.

How you don't get feedback for every little action on windows? Do you even know the event viewer? If you do something as little as farting it get logged.
And how would a fucking driver or latest version fuck up the system? Like, seriously, only linux need to check for this kind of shit after updating

It didn't werk on OP's machine.

Event viewer, resource monitor?

OP stated windows didn't had the driver, but it does. Learn2read.

Go away richard. I can use linux completely free of GNU.

This baby can't run his printer properly

That doesn't turn Linux in a system.

Manufacturers usually don't bother updating their drivers for newer windows. Especially for older hardwares.

>go fuck your mother you inbred dipshit
windows is way easier to use than linux
so if you can't use it, you must have a mental retardation
>the only load that anyone will get, is the load of my semen and your mother's anus will get it
Well "someone" comes from /b/.

Attached: 1453188087941.jpg (1024x768, 114K)

Oh look a stallman stallbot
>Beepboop geenoo slash leenox
the FSF isnt retarded at all i swear.

Linux is a kernel.

>Linux is a kernel.
It suuure is, friend.
It sure is...

Attached: 135009966569.jpg (737x452, 36K)

whatever you say, cockboy.

That "someone" should really go back.
:^)

i will hunt you down

Attached: 1509916356500.jpg (771x670, 47K)

sup faggot

hey

Attached: 1509916258459.jpg (600x600, 58K)

w

The poster above me is a kike.
Don't trust him.

what's up kike?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>linux
>it just werks
Stop lying
>no HP 1010 printer drivers
There is universal driver, but I agree, HP is fucking garbage when it comes to drivers. Fuck them all with a cactus

Attached: Rated Cricket _ Homeshare Hoedown.mkv_snapshot_03.39_[2018.07.28_20.54.18].png (1280x720, 648K)

It does have drivers for your piece of shit. But can Linux still run programs made 20 years ago? I doubt it.

He's not lying. Linux literally just works. Been using it as my "daily driver" past 10 years mate.

Fuck off, boomer

K I K E

>muh kike
>muh jew
Speaking like a true boomer.

kike got butthurted ;3