HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: ms_owns_linux.png (1032x779, 684K)

>just werks
>lamen can use without having conniption
i wonder what could possibly be the problem with lunix/gnu

Are they accepting more Indian migrants or something?

Windows for the win, baby

Attached: 1492105087699.png (920x900, 443K)

Somebody must've been paid.

cucks

they're expecting close to minimum wage office workers that have only ever used word in their entire lives to be able to switch to libreoffice/openoffice without any training on top of having every other german city/state using word

Maybe sad, but it makes perfect sense.

And at least it's not Apple.

They don't call it WINdows for nothin folks

M$ Word is pretty much identical to any other office GUI shit.

Linux is worthless shit.

in one case, M$ literally opened a new corporate office in a city piloting this shit, so no shit.

>word

Attached: 4chan meme 9001 rename before posting.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>He needs education in order to work in ms office or libreoffice

"worthless" as in it isn't worth anything because it's free?

the other problem is no one has experience or knowledge on end user linux administration or knowledge of the tooling in this space. in windows there is a rich ecosystem of vendor shitware that "magically" works.

Are you a masochist

freeturds on suicide watch

sure but the commonly reported issues of any german switch was that word documents from other offices weren't playing nice with open/libreoffice
gotta keep in mind that it's normies using the computers for the most part, even if there were minimal issues the normies would blame it on linux and not their own incompetence

linux system administrators are just as popular on the job market as windows system administrators and I'm pretty sure any older linux admin that didn't like the switch to docker/kubernetes/whatever wouldn't have minded the change in pace
this would have been somewhat true for munich though as they forked their own debian derivative but in OPs case they were running suse

>sure but the commonly reported issues of any german switch was that word documents from other offices weren't playing nice with open/libreoffice
Then why don't the wangtards stop using M$ Word?

>linux system administrators are just as popular on the job market as windows system administrators

ya ok. and linux admins don't manage large deployment of end user devices.

They will switch back

Yeah, microsoft, because they prefer to pay for windows licenses than using hobby-tier garbage software

Beating the Linux drum is just a way to negotiate better prices from MS. They got what they wanted and went back to getting things done.

Attached: 1532136022661.jpg (283x269, 39K)

because you need all those rich text editing features duh. how else do you justify your retarded office paper pushing job if you don't autismally fuck with stupid headers and formattings to some stupid standard no one cares about?

It's a word processor, not a text editor.

Bavaria also did this. coincidentally in the same year Microsoft relocated the headquarter to Munich.

ya, and it's completely useless. you could argue the stupid gui is useful for shit like calculating useless business metrics in some spread sheet, but word as a whole is useless in the day and age of markup.

word is a fucking joke

>monopolies are bad!
>but not this one ;)

go look at job listings dude, they don't lie
I don't see why you think deploying to a server and deploying to end users is all that different

Excel alone makes it worth it.

>yfw when pic related

Attached: yfwyouhavenoface.png (1058x142, 15K)

servers are predictable:
a) they're generally always on.
b) the complexity of the security and policy tools are manageable for key business applications and the select users on the servers.
c) user ids are either AD/LDAP already or some overly simplistic heisoid/rdist shit that doesn't scale.
d) braindead, barely average income people who install all sorts of mallicious shitware from cnet aren't on a linux server.

servers are nothing like end user devices and any shitmin loonigs dipshit who thinks he could fire and forget puppet manage a bunch of client boxes is a fucking retard who can't appreciate what windows and windows vendor-ware does.

Score one for the bad guys

Nothing wrong with that.

German government isn't exactly known for its competence. See the absolute fiasco Berlin Brandenburg Airport

latex can be a bit hit or miss depending on what you want to achieve but beamer is absolutely god-tier for slides and it's so easy to use
I can't remember the last time I used powerpoint, plus chances are everyone else is going to use some standard WYSIWYG program for theirs so their presentations all end up looking the same while yours will stand out, looking professional, well formatted and unique

>German government
Well, could say a country with a competent government?

there are other markups and langauges less autistic than TeX garbage that work just as well.

year of the linux gravestone

The Reason is quite easy:
The used software is many years old, not up to date, and probalby was build initially for windows xp.

The programmers of the software are the lame ones.

Why not code their shit software as a web-app?
Then you can mostly use a damn Raspberry Pi as a "office system".

But No Way! Windoof Software just werks, crappy and with holes as big as yo mamas ass, but it werks.

China

Attached: 1508451408403.jpg (750x562, 79K)

The actual reason is secret deals and corruption
There's a reason Munich went back to windows roughly the same time Microsoft moved their HQ there

No, just no.

t. mutt

Attached: 1520624071392.png (768x960, 885K)

>Blaming MS for Linux incompetence
KTards never change

>Bribe city officials.
>Offer free computers for schools and public libraries.
>Score propaganda win.
>Taxpayers lose.
This pleases the wintoddler.

it doesn't necessarily have to be corruption and secret deals, the management can easily be swayed by whatever marketing representatives and "popular opinion" says, and most marketing reps will always recommend proprietary software, linux doesn't offer technical support the same way Microsoft does for instance, and RHEL/SUSE end up costing more or the same in that respect, so they'll opt for Windows

t. someone who worked as the IT guy and had to migrate everything to Windows after the marketing representative for printers told the management that Windows is better

>

>a baby from europe
>a fatfuck from USA
Like the EUA, China had a lot problems with corruption and bad management.

>marketing representatives
is that what they call "salesmen" now?

>gotta keep in mind that it's normies using the computers for the most part
This, my sister was really annoyed that there were no title page templates, ended up spending those five minutes making it for her and showing her how to add page numbers and annotations. As long as you can use a search engine and half a brain libre office works great.

Germans are retarded.

Attached: gross.jpg (639x360, 50K)

Are you retarded? You don't need training to use a fucking text editor. Also, it works in a manner which is almost identical anyways.

>You don't need training to use a fucking text editor.
yeah, just ignore all those training and certification courses for word and other microsoft software
have you ever worked with normies that have only ever used a phone before?

That's because half of the German population are sand niggers and actual niggers. They're too stupid to use and support Linux now with all the diversity hires.

Linux form workstation is retarded tbqh
Linux is for things that actually need to work all the time

>just ignore all those training and certification courses for word
I do and I recommend that anyone with an IQ >= 100 does the same. It's pretty fucking simple. I have only needed a word processor maybe 5 times in my adult life. I've used probably 3 different word processors during that time. Not once did I have to stop and do research to learn how to use any of the word processors. Also, they all act pretty fucking close to the same as each other.

>workstations

>muh word
>muh outlook
i hate normies

>muh latex
>muh freedom
Why freetards are not euthanized?

Only normalfags say "normie".

I bet this was one of the reason they switched. Probably some boomers didn't feel comfortable on a new environment as they have been disciplined to use windows since middle school

Nobody cares about fucking lower Saxony, it's just the soÿ version of real Saxony.

Attached: 1530431796270.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Only plebs say "normalfag" or "normie".

On what basis? Does it hurt your feelings, you raging faggot?

I work in a higher position for the government in lower saxony and I can tell you we switched because windows is hardened against russian hacking whereas linux is not.

>On what basis?
Both those words sound like some stupid attempt by an angsty 12 year old to replace the existing word "plebeian", which is a well established word that predates your shitty newfag culture and the internet in general.

Krautfags are well-known cucks. Nothing unusual here.

>your shitty newfag culture
"Newfag" is a replacement of "newbie", "noob", etc., similar to "normalfag". They are both words that came out of imageboard culture.
You sound like some pretentious redditor:
>ackually, the proper word is "plebeian"
Shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1508776439850.png (1024x719, 806K)

>He actually fucken believes this

Attached: laughing_bobby1.jpg (556x561, 15K)

>they're expecting close to minimum wage office workers
Civil servants in Germany make good money, get a fat pension and can't be fired unless they do something criminal. In exchange they aren't allowed to go on strike.

It's because their average IQ is rapidly declining.

Linux never won the desktop market, it's the only market linux doesn't win, and that's because windows comes preinstalled.

All you are demonstrating is that you have been browsing this website for a short period of time and are desperate for peer approval.

that post wasnt even from him you retarded faggot

100iq is literally average and half of everybody you meet would be on the lower side of this, and if the office drones were capable of using libreoffice without issue or training they likely wouldn't be working such dull jobs to begin with
I'm not trying to say everybody needs training or that all workers had issues but go look up some of the complaints munich had when they wanted to switch back to windows, the biggest issue was that workers were having difficulties viewing/printing/sending documents to other offices and colleagues running windows, and some of the councillors were preferring to use their own machines because, and I quote, "There are no programs for text editing, Skype, Office etc. installed and that prevents normal use", if that doesn't give you an indication of some of the technical competency of some of these workers I don't know what will, and before you ask libreoffice was installed on these machines
ps, I'm not sure if it's the case now or even in your country but I was taught word in primary school and openoffice in secondary school during the early 2000s, these workers were almost certainly 'trained' on word during their school years also

it's a tax office running on older hardware using linux, and they estimate the cost of switching to windows and replacing hardware to be 5.9 to 7 million euros, do the maths, they're probably mostly running on sff boxes and thin clients

I admit I'm making some assumptions about the job, and governmental positions are almost always great for job security and pensions like you say, but at least in my own european country many civil servants have had their pay frozen or very low caps placed on pay rises if they're not in an industry facing cuts

>half of everybody you meet would be on the lower side of this
There are plenty of blue collar and other shit jobs for those people.

>Lower
Checks out.

>desperate for peer approval.
It seem to be the case with you, otherwise you wouldn't be such a pretentious faggot.
Also calling people newfags is newfaggotry, mate.

/thread

>Also calling people newfags is newfaggotry, mate.
Newfags have been saying that exact same thing word-for-word since before you were born.

>Newfags have been saying that exact same thing word-for-word since before you were born.
That's exactly what a newfag trying to hide the fact would say, newfag.

>That's exactly what a newfag trying to hide the fact would say, newfag.
That's exactly what a newfag trying to hide the fact would say, newfag.

no u

Attached: 1506693843343.jpg (1024x962, 75K)

You're not around quinquagenarians often, i guess?

>word

Attached: 2rVEniU.gif (278x267, 3.15M)

>le frog poster

fuck the government

Lubuntu master race reporting in

Attached: 1497976250101.gif (500x500, 42K)

>Spending hundreds of millions of Euros on WINBLOWS 10 BOTNET & OFFICE

YUROPOOR INDEED

>China had a lot problems with corruption and bad management
>had

>As long as you can use a search engine and half a brain libre office works great
But we're talking about government work. We need people with no brain to be able to perform a useful function quickly, and if everyone already knows MS Office, then that's less we have to pay for training.

I don't like it, but that is the situation.

You 'learn' Word in half an hour (at the level pencil pusher needs to know it). I don't think most encil pushers need Excel. How cheap exactly are government MS and MO licences?

>opensuse

well that explains a lot

Anyone who uses Linux is an imbecile.

Unix was the original, and is now freely available in various BSD flavours.

It's main competitor is Microsoft with Windows. Apple now use Unix as well.

Linux is in-between, trying to be different with a GPL license instead of the saner BSD license.

Anyone who uses Linux is too unoriginal to just use an original UNIX based OS, or is a repressed homoxesual who uses Linux instead of coming out to their family and friends.

I have no sympathy for them.

This he reason Linux will never succed on the desktop.

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 399K)

What with all the migrants everywhere we figured, why not let a few Jews in too.

go back to /pol, bitch.

Lol
All "hacking" in general ?
Are you 5 ?