uBlock is one of the original open source projects built to help users block ads and maintain control over what they...

ublock.org/announcement/
> uBlock is one of the original open source projects built to help users block ads and maintain control over what they see in their browsers.
> It’s a great product with a ton of potential. And with consumers still facing a constant barrage of ads, it’s as vital today as when it was originally created.
> However, it’s been years since uBlock has been given the love and attention it deserves.
> But that’s in the process of changing. If you’ve noticed recent updates to the product, that’s because uBlock has been acquired by the team responsible for AdBlock.
> We will be investing heavily into uBlock to help it deliver on the promise of being one of the best ad blockers available.\

AHHAHAHHAA

Attached: Little-Green-Men-ferengi-19047658-692-530.jpg (692x530, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gorhill/status/1019975273402585088
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well fuck. Looks like it really is host file or bust.

ublock origin doesn't have this problem

block it at the router

Thats just ublock, not ublock origin. Different things.

lol

Attached: ubo knows.png (626x598, 26K)

"but uBlock IS THE ORIGINAL"™ :^)

how?
openwrt here

Mine can block by domain with wildcards. Asus btw

the autist that worked on ublock originally didn't want to work on it anymore and gave the project to another autist who did nothing but accept donations, however the original autist came back and wanted to work on it again but the autist he gave it to didn't cooperate so the original autist created 'ublock origin' which has received continuous development since then

the ublock from ublock.org has been nothing but a scam from a greedy jew since day one, there has been no reason not to use ublock origin

2 different projects you mong
nice attempt to stir up shit though

>that’s because uBlock has been acquired by the team responsible for AdBlock.
How did they manage this?

he thinks general public can tell uB from uB0

/thread

Newfags everywhere.

>mfw didn't even know there was a version other than the "origin" one

Who uses the normal uB anyways?

people who haven't updated their addons since 2015 and also probably the same people that complain about firefox deprecating older addons

Time to dump your friends and all your peers. They're idiots.

Makes sense

>also probably the same people that complain about firefox deprecating older addons
Firefox still doesn't have sensible mouse gesture addon replacement. just because you personally don't use any of functionality Firefox team butchered doesn't mean no one else does also.

I'm not saying that the older addon system wasn't useful or that the switch to webextensions was graceful but that people tend to look back upon it with nostalgia tinted goggles while ignoring the huge issues with it like preventing the move forward with per process tabs or any sort of sandboxing

lmao

Gesturefy works pretty well, though not as well as the old addon I used to use before the "upgrade." Still better than anything on any webkit trash browser.

>! scammy site ublock.org

Attached: 1514897006459.jpg (5000x5000, 1.76M)

ublock is not ublock orgin. ublock started as and will always be shady ad bs

It's sad that some people don't realize that uBlock and uBlock Origin are different things.
uBlock is cucked software and uBlock Origin is a decent adblocker.

Bullshit. Old versions worked perfectly. They clearly took away from users by abandoning old extension system.

twitter.com/gorhill/status/1019975273402585088
and that's the level of butt hurt you will get if you cuck yourself, kids...

Guess it's really necessary to put the warning on their GitHub page

Attached: uBlock_Origin.png (1816x955, 60K)

Just mass-report his shitty fork as a fraud to get money.

>no Raymond Hill husbando

>war worried for a second
>realize it was just regular uBlock
>have uBlock origin

Crisis averted.

Attached: ancap-tron .png (295x220, 74K)

K E K

well played, gorhill

Attached: 1495594886284.gif (695x392, 2.24M)

Partially related question.
On some boards, on Jow Forums for example, I can't post with quick replies nor I can see image over previews when ublock is enabled. How do I fix this?

Image over preview says
>File no longer exists (404).
While posting through quick replies says
>Connection error
Both works when I disable ublock origin.

Download ram

Solved. If someone wanna know, you need
@@||Jow Forums.org/adv/
@@||4cdn.org/adv/

In your filters. It happens only with Jow Forums because of Jow Forumsertising.

>he thinks the general public wouldn't still be running without ad blockers if that friend that's "good with computers" hadn't installed ubo for them