What's the Jow Forums consensus on Python?

What's the Jow Forums consensus on Python?

Attached: 75357377.jpg (883x613, 65K)

god tier

bretty good.
coming from C and Perl... man, python just makes you fucking productive.
It also scales well to slightly larger projects.

Now, Perl can also get shit done (tm), but it's harder to look at Perl code half a year later and still understand what's going on. There's just a lot of syntactic noise you have to wade through, while Python reads essentially like pseudo-code

Productive but hard to make it run fast*

*write critical code in C and make calla to it

shitty implementation. language design is pretty mediocre and hard to read when you got like 100+ loc in a indented block. I have mixed feelings about it overall. trying to build it cross compiled is an absolute mess as well. I don't know how the fuck maintainers build this shitware in any cross compile target.

the best language for a combination of data science (analysis, ml, etc) and scripting (web scraping, file io, etc)

>get hired to write Python
>80% of my job is writing C

Attached: hack.jpg (1024x1344, 246K)

Almost as good as Guile

was the opposite for me, got hired to write C, 95% of my work is Python

It's better than java

Breaking a leg is better than java

Its good for learning

Attached: Cute_Deer.jpg (900x692, 210K)

>language isn't backwards compatible

Attached: 1505328960595.jpg (635x542, 15K)

Its diet aids but not the worst

It has its place, and in many cases it's a truly great language, especially for scripting and automation.
Jow Forums autists sperg on it since it's subpar for high performance, parallel and real time computing, but that's simply not what it's made for. It's like complaining that a Station Wagon can't run as fast as a Formula 1.

>having 100+ loc in an indented block
Learn how to design a program first.

k faggot. not all code is my code.

braced blocks are easier to read.

Backward compatibility is the worst thing that ever happened to computers.

Doesn't change the fact that Python is terrible though.

It's a commie language

Attached: f9ca888812a4bfdb.jpg (124x111, 12K)

It's like bash, only harder.

Attached: hot.jpg (677x732, 579K)

>python has soiface

really makes you think

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

Python is one of the three god-tier languages:
- ASM
- C
- Python

You can write up and down the stack too. If your Python is too slow, write a C routine. If your C routine is too slow, drop in some assembler. It's really nice.

>Jow Forums
>consensus
Good luck with that

Attached: file.png (620x353, 459K)

It's good for scripting and automation. Otherwise I unironically prefer R, Scala, even fucking Go in the various domains that Python is generally shilled for.

I feel Guido von Python just wanted a fun, easy scripting language and everyone has taken it too far and made entire fucking web frameworks and shit out of it.

The best nowhere
Excellent everywhere

Ancient Jow Forums though it is a mediocre language for clowns. Python dev' were regarded as bad incompetent dev'.

>python
>not literally just typing ascii glyphs to write a program

>I feel Guido von Python just wanted a fun, easy scripting language and everyone has taken it too far and made entire fucking web frameworks and shit out of it.

Remind me of javascript... Meme language for animating webpage that went too far and killed the Web.