I quit
Moving to GuixSD running Linux-libre kernel
Linus Torvald's Linux is dead to me
Intel is dead to me
Ordering a beaglebone black this weekend
gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2017/porting-guixsd-to-armv7/
No more Intel ME
No systemdick with 0day username backdoor
When I get that working, I'll port it over to something like a Rock64 with no speculative execution (spectre/meltdown) either
If anyone has already done this, would be interested in hearing your experiences

TL;DR I'm finished with botnet Linux distros

Attached: Guix_System_Distribution_logo.png (539x480, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/740916/
news.softpedia.com/news/linus-torvalds-releases-linux-kernel-4-17-as-linux-5-0-is-coming-later-this-year-521391.shtml
news.softpedia.com/news/gnu-linux-libre-4-17-kernel-arrives-for-those-seeking-100-freedom-for-their-pcs-521416.shtml
devever.net/~hl/intelme
techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/non-free-blobs-in-the-linux-kernel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linux sells out, allows Google botnet into kernel
lwn.net/Articles/740916/
Google botnet Linux released
news.softpedia.com/news/linus-torvalds-releases-linux-kernel-4-17-as-linux-5-0-is-coming-later-this-year-521391.shtml
Fork you Linus, Linux-libre is here
news.softpedia.com/news/gnu-linux-libre-4-17-kernel-arrives-for-those-seeking-100-freedom-for-their-pcs-521416.shtml
X86 is effectively dead, forever
devever.net/~hl/intelme

Isn't the DRM thing just adding support for something that's in the processor anyway? What binary blobs though?

Linux has had binary blobs for quite some time... you can always compile your own kernel and not include those components.

grep -i google config.x86_64
# CONFIG_HID_GOOGLE_HAMMER is not set
# CONFIG_GOOGLE_FIRMWARE is not set

>not running *BSD since 2010

Spotted the retard

>Isn't your processor already compromised?
>Let's add that to the kernel too
You weren't listening
No
I'm done with them botnet Intel and botnet Linux

techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/non-free-blobs-in-the-linux-kernel/

You cannot escape. Everyone will give up L Libre.

>2018
>Hurd still unusable

Attached: pcbqz56KhB1shzrbvo3.jpg (1030x1328, 264K)

>beaglebone black
lol to do what? That thing is slower than a Raspberry Pi 2

I believe that Gentoo has It's own fork of the Linux kernel, so I'm safe for now.
And L-libre is always an option.

Probably faster than a 2008 thinkpad

I actually plan to create an OS based on an old version of linux on which I will backport a bunch of shit, including driver architecture, maybe a bunch of shit from other OSs. Not only has there been less and less quality control over time with critical regressions and kernel panics by the hundreds with every new kernel release, but shit like you mentioned have been starting to creep in as well and it's very worrying.

That said, guixsd is not the answer. It's so shit that it doesn't even support lvm, so no full-disk encryption with standard pipelines. There's only ext4 and btrfs support for filesystems. While you could try to use btrfs subvolumes for FDE instead of lvm, you can't have a separate subvolume for swap, and swap files are not supported on btrfs, which means no hibernation if you use a laptop unless you want unencrypted swap, which defeats FDE in the first place.
That's just the basics. Problems with even opensource drivers for some parts of the stack like ethernet drivers are also a problem.

Takes a literal decade to support a new CPU, so no.

Linux has had blobs by default for years, this is nothing new.
Nothing prevents you from compiling your own kernel and exclude those components if you wish (something any triple-digit IQ individual should be able to do), yet you virtue signal with your meme distro boasting about how much more enlightened you are than us sheeple. Pathetic.

tl;dr install gentoo.

you'd be very, very wrong

Are you dumb? Linux had blobs for years

It's guixsd usable yet. Last time I tried literally nothing would build and half repos were down. I'm very excited about this one.

Nope, still doesn't work for shit. Tried one month ago.
It sucks so fucking much. Was hyped for it for years but not for a second do they fix their shit. Nixos seems more promising at this time because of that, but
>systemd
>no libre option

I have tried nix I quite liked it, but I think if it would just fucking work guixsd would pull off the same concept so much better

>I think if it would just fucking work guixsd would pull off the same concept so much better
Same, but then again would you really want to use an OS that's been broken for decades before the first usable version? The devs are obviously far beyond mere incompetence.

Sad but true

why use this when you can just change your kernel?

you are a shill or a retard, just use any distro + libre kernel or are you too stupid?

can gnome run without systemd?

/thread

Yep

>have to resort to FUD to shill your shitty distro
No thanks.